The eleventh hour
The eleventh hour is an expression referring to the last moments before a
deadlineor the imminence of a decisive or "final" moment. Usage of this term may be traced back to the Parable of the Workers in the Vineyardin the Gospel of Matthewand also to the last moments of the First World War, which ended on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th Month of the year 1918.
When capitalized, the expression may also refer to:
* "The Eleventh Hour" (radio series), a CBS suspense and action series that aired in 1941 (36 shows) (for a log of episodes, see [http://otrr.org/FILES/Logs_txt/The%20Eleventh%20Hour.txt] )
* "The Eleventh Hour" (TV series), a Canadian television drama series
* "Eleventh Hour" (TV series), a British science-based drama series starring
* "Eleventh Hour" (U.S. TV series), a 2008 American television series starring
Rufus Sewelland Marley Shelton, adapted from the British series of the same name
* "The Eleventh Hour" (comedy), an Australian
sketch comedytelevision program
* "The Eleventh Hour" (U.S. TV series), a 1962 American television series starring
Jack Gingand Ralph Bellamy
The Eleventh Hour (group), a disco group on 20th Century Recordspopular in the mid-1970s. Their album "Hollywood Hot" included songs and production by Bob Crewe
Eleventh Hour (group), a UK indie/electronic/rock group unsigned1991 -1994 splitting after the performance of "Monster" at Moor Green F.C., Birmingham, UK
Our 11th Hour, a post-hardcore/metal band from Syracuse, NY.
* "The Eleventh Hour" (album), a
Jars of Clayalbum
* "The Eleventh Hour", an album by British rock band Magnum
* "Eleventh Hour" (Fred Frith album), a Fred Frith album
*"Eleventh Hour", an album by American hip hop artist
Del tha Funkee Homosapien.
* "11th Hour", a song on the album "
As the Palaces Burn" by the American metal band Lamb of God
* "The Eleventh Hour", a song on the album "
Messengers" by the technical metalcore band August Burns Red
* "11th Hour", a song by the band Rancid
* "The Eleventh Hour" was the initial title of Motör Militia's unreleased second album,
The Dark Reign.
* "The eleventh hour", a song on the album "Parallels" by the band
* "The Eleventh Hour", a song on the self-titled album Colourslide
* "11th Hour (Part I)" and "11th Hour (Part II)", songs by the band
Our 11th Hour.
* "The Eleventh Hour" (book), an illustrated children's mystery book by Australian author Graeme Base involving the theft of a birthday banquet, a follow-up to Base's earlier "Animalia"
*"Eleventh Hour" (animated short), a 1942 "Superman" cartoon produced by
* "The 11th Hour" (film), a 2007 documentary on
environmentalismnarrated by Leonardo DiCaprio
* "11th Hour" (film), a 1997 film starring
* "The 11th Hour" (computer game), a video game sequel to "
The 7th Guest"
* The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month (11:00 on
November 11, 1918), when a ceasefire came into effect, ending World War I
* The 11th Hour (newspaper), A newspaper in Macon, Statesboro, and Valdosta Georgia covering Music, Art, and Politics
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
(the) eleventh hour — the eleventh hour phrase the last possible moment that you can do something, especially prevent something bad from happening An agreement was reached at the eleventh hour. Thesaurus: ends, finishes and final stagessynonym Main entry: eleventh … Useful english dictionary
the eleventh hour — ► the eleventh hour the latest possible moment. Main Entry: ↑eleventh … English terms dictionary
the eleventh hour — the latest possible moment he refused to take a public stand until the eleventh hour of the campaign … Useful english dictionary
the eleventh hour — the last possible moment that you can do something, especially prevent something bad from happening An agreement was reached at the eleventh hour … English dictionary
The Eleventh Hour — Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différentes œuvres portant le même titre. The Eleventh Hour (littéralement la onzième heure, en anglais), est une expression évoquant « le dernier moment où l on peut encore agir, s occuper de… … Wikipédia en Français
the eleventh hour — the latest possible moment. → eleventh … English new terms dictionary
The Eleventh Hour (Série TV américaine) — Eleventh Hour (version américaine) Eleventh Hour Titre original Eleventh Hour Genre Série fantastique, thriller Créateur(s) Stephen Gallagher Production Matthew Carlisle Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français
The Eleventh Hour (série télévisée) — Eleventh Hour (version américaine) Eleventh Hour Titre original Eleventh Hour Genre Série fantastique, thriller Créateur(s) Stephen Gallagher Production Matthew Carlisle Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français
The Eleventh Hour (Doctor Who) — 203 – The Eleventh Hour Doctor Who episode The newly regenerated Doctor confronts one of the Atraxi. Cas … Wikipedia
The Eleventh Hour (album) — Infobox Album Name = The Eleventh Hour Type = Album Artist = Jars Of Clay Released = March 5, 2002 Recorded = 2001 2002 Genre = Rock Length = 42:26 Label = Essential Records Producer = Jars Of Clay Reviews = *Allmusic Rating|4|5… … Wikipedia