NAB Show Status Active Venue Las Vegas Convention Center Location Las Vegas Country USA First held 1923 Organizer National Association of Broadcasters Attendance 100,000 Official website http://www.nabshow.com
The NAB Show is an annual trade show produced by the National Association of Broadcasters. It takes place in April at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The show's tagline is "Where Content Comes to Life".
The 2011 NAB Show was April 9 to 14 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. This year, NAB highlighted that media consumption has become more digital and connected. This included discussion of TV everywhere strategies, mobile TV, and how the set top box will retain relevancy.[social TV] was another theme that cropped up at the show. This trend is closely tied with the adoption connected TV behaviour, and the use of social media.
The 2010 NAB Show was April 10 to 15 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Emmy-nominated Big Bang Theory actor Jim Parsons was presented the NAB Television Chairman's Award for his role as theoretical physicist Sheldon Cooper. This was presented at the NAB Television Luncheon on April 12 at the Las Vegas Hilton. A Super Session took place on April 13 titled “Unboxing Advertising and Entertainment: Building a Transmedia Experience.” The list of experts on the panel included writer/producer from Heroes and Lost Jesse Alexander, Ivan Askwith, director of strategy at creative agency Big Spaceship (“Tim Burton at MOMA,” “The Million Baby Crawl”); Elan Lee, chief designer and founder Fourth Wall Studios (“Watchmen,” “Kings” ARGs); Mike Monello, cofounder and executive creative director at entertainment marketing agency Campfire (“True Blood,” “Discovery Channel: Shark Week); and Ian Sander, executive producer, Ghost Whisperer. 20th Century Fox Television executives Gary Newman and Dana Walden were the keynote speakers on April 12 discussing the opportunities and challenges facing TV studios at a time of technological upheaval. Los Angeles Times business reporter Joe Flint moderated. Comic book legend Stan Lee held a panel on April 14  and there was a significant 3D presence- 3ality demonstrated their 3D equipment at the Sony booth, and Element Technica, Panasonic, P+S Technik and Canon Broadcast made appearances as well. Dreamworks Animation head Jeffrey Katzenberg was booked last-minute for an "open conversation" about the impact 3D is having on the box office, sparked by the hasty decision to convert the Clash of the Titans remake into 3D.
The 2009 NAB Show was held between April 18 and 23 at the Las Vegas Convention Center and Las Vegas Hilton. The show has evolved to remain the world's resource for high-level insight, training, education and state-of-the-art technology powering the future of content creation, management, commerce and delivery. The show drew 83,842 registered attendees of which 23,232 were international attendees and 1,246 from news media. The exhibitors included established names including Adobe, Canon, JVC, Microsoft, SAT-GE, Tektronix, 3M, Altera, Cisco, Verizon and Xilinx and promising names including Qualstar, Bogen Imaging, Dayport, LEN, Trilithic and YellowBrix. Cheers and Frasier actor Kelsey Grammer received the inaugural Television Chairman's Award on April 20.
The 2008 NAB Show took place from April 11–17 in Las Vegas. The Show introduced a new technology pavilion titled Content Central, which featured forums and companies on emerging broadcast technology such as IPTV, Mobile content and a live 3D Transmission from Los Angeles. National Association of Broadcasters President and CEO David K. Rehr delivered his third State of the Industry Address, which was followed by the opening keynote from actor, producer and activist Tim Robbins where he decried a media "abyss" – "We are at an abyss as an industry and as a country".
- ^ http://www.tvgenius.net/blog/2011/04/14/3-key-tv-trends-nab/
- ^ Ashley Reich (February 8, 2010). "Jim Parsons draws NAB award". Variety. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118014888.html?categoryId=14&cs=1. Retrieved March 1, 2010.
- ^ "NAB Show Super Session Panelists Announced". Television Broadcast. February 25, 2010. http://www.televisionbroadcast.com/article/95396. Retrieved March 8, 2010.
- ^ Cynthia Littleton (March 8, 2010). "Confab nabs Fox executive chairs". Daily Variety. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118016226.html?categoryid=3597&cs=1.
- ^ "Stan Lee to Talk at 2010 NAB Show". Radio Mag Online. March 26, 2010. http://radiomagonline.com/convention_news/nab_show/stan_lee_2010nab/. Retrieved March 31, 2010.
- ^ Carl Mrozek (March 31, 2010). "3D comes to NAB". Realscreen. http://www.realscreen.com/articles/news/20100331/nab2010nl.html.
- ^ Susan Young (April 16, 2009). "NAB launches Chairman's Award". Daily Variety. http://variety.com/article/VR1118002504.html?categoryid=3597&cs=1. Retrieved March 8, 2010.
- ^ Douglas Bankston. "Live from L.A. in Three Dimensions - It's Howie". DV Magazine. Archived from the original on 2008-05-02. http://web.archive.org/web/20080502045128/http://nabshowdaily.nbmedia.com/pages/s.0008/t.12934.html. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
- ^ "NAB 2008: Tim Robbins Decries Media 'Abyss' in NAB Keynote"; see also Audio from FAIR.org, Tim Robbins' Beautiful, Impossible Media Dream
- ^ "KLAS-TV broadcasts HDTV images for show". Las Vegas Sun. 1996-04-16. http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/1996/apr/16/klas-tv-broadcasts-hdtv-images-for-show/. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- ^ "Red Digital Cinema Camera: Ted Schilowitz, Part 1". Digital Media Online. 2006-05-09. http://hollywoodindustry.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=41553. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
NAB Show — Die National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) ist ein US amerikanischer Wirtschaftsverband, der die Interessen und Rechte der dort ansässigen Radio und Fernsehstationen sowie der Rundfunkverbünde vor dem Kongress der Vereinigten Staaten, der… … Deutsch Wikipedia
NAB Crystal Radio Awards — logo The NAB Crystal Radio Awards are presented annually by the National Association of Broadcasters to American radio stations. The award was established in 1987 to recognize radio stations for year round commitment to community service.… … Wikipedia
NAB — may stand for: Name and address book National Assessment Bank, an internal exam used by the Scottish Qualifications Authority National Association of Broadcasters, the industry group representing the commercial radio stations and television… … Wikipedia
NAB Radio Show — The NAB Radio Show ® is an annual trade show produced by the National Association of Broadcasters. It takes place in September. Show highlights 2008 The 2008 NAB Radio Show will take place in Austin, TX from September 17 19. NAB President and CEO … Wikipedia
NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame — The NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame is a yearly honor from the National Association of Broadcasters. One inductee from radio and one from television are named at the yearly NAB conference. Contents 1 Radio 2 Television 3 References … Wikipedia
NAB Marconi Radio Awards — Marconi Award links here. Note that in the Netherlands, the radio academy awards are also called Marconi Awards. The Marconi Radio Awards are presented annually by the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) to the top radio stations and on… … Wikipedia
92 KQRS Morning Show — Infobox Radio show show name = 92 KQRS Morning Show imagesize = 200px|thumb caption = format = comedy, talk, classic rock runtime = 5:30 A.M. 9:20 A.M. CST creator = Mark Steinmetz, Dave Hamilton developer = exec producer = Bryce Crousore… … Wikipedia
The Bob & Tom Show — Genre comedy, talk Running time 6:00 A.M. 10:00 A.M.EST Country … Wikipedia
Royal Melbourne Show — Secondary College Carcase competition Weekly Times Pavilion, Royal Melbourne Show 2005 The Royal Melbourne Show is an agricultural show held at the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds every September. The Royal Show began in 1848 … Wikipedia
Sydney Royal Easter Show — The Sydney Royal Easter Show, also known as the Royal Easter Show or simply The Show , is an annual show held in Sydney, Australia over two weeks around Easter.It is run by the Royal Agricultural Society of New South Wales and was first held in… … Wikipedia