}; float:right; border:none;">
* Harghita County in the East.
* Alba County and Cluj County in the West.
* Bistriţa-Năsăud County and Suceava County in the North.
* Sibiu County and Braşov County in the South.
The predominant industries in the county are:
* Wood industry.
* Food industry.
* Textile industry.
* Glass and ceramics industry.
* Construction materials.
* Musical instruments (Reghin).
Mureş County and Sibiu County together produce about 50% of the natural gas developed in Romania. Salt is also extracted in the county.
In 2002, Mureş had a population of 580,851 [National Institute of Statistics, " [http://www.recensamant.ro/pagini/tabele/t40a.pdf "Populaţia după etnie"] "] and the population density was 86.5/km².
*ro icon [http://www.MuresInfo.ro Mureş Info]
*ro icon [http://www.muresonline.ro Mureş online]