- Maramureş County
}; float:right; border:none;">
Maramureş is known for its pastoral and agricultural traditions, largely unscathed by the
The region is known for its beautiful rural scenery, local small woodwork and craftwork industry as well as for its churches and original rural architecture. There are not many paved roads in rural areas, and most of them are usually accessible.
The county's main tourist attractions:
* The cities of
* The villages on the Iza, Mara, and Vişeu Valleys.
** The Merry Cemetery of Săpânţa
* The Rodna Mountains.
The county has 2 municipalities, 11 towns, and 63 communes.
* [http://www.sighet-online.ro Sighetu Marmaţiei Online News]
* [http://www.sighet.net Portal of Sighetu Marmaţiei]
* [http://www.ovr.ro/MM%20History%20English.html] More about Maramureş history
* [http://www.flickr.com/groups/maramures/ Photos from around the county] in the dedicated
*ro icon [http://www.geocities.com/poienile_de_sub_munte/index.htm Poienile de sub Munte -- a website dedicated to this village]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.