- Stockholm-Skavsta Airport
IATA: NYO – ICAO: ESKN Summary Airport type Public Operator Abertis Serves Stockholm, Sweden Location Nyköping, Sweden Hub for Elevation AMSL 140 ft / 43 m Coordinates Coordinates: Website Map Södermanland County Runways Direction Length Surface ft m 08/26 9,442 2,878 Asphalt 16/34 6,690 2,039 Asphalt Statistics (2009, 2010) Passengers total (2010) 2,507,772 International passengers (2010) 2,505,676 Domestic passengers (2010) 2,096 Landings total (2009) 16,588 Source: , Swedish Transport Agency
Stockholm-Skavsta Airport (Swedish: Stockholm-Skavsta flygplats), or Nyköping Airport (IATA: NYO, ICAO: ESKN) is an international airport near Nyköping, Sweden, approximately 100 kilometres (62 mi) southwest of Stockholm. It is served by low-cost airlines and cargo operators. Stockholm-Skavsta Airport is Stockholm's second largest airport, and the third largest in Sweden, with an ability to handle 2.5 million passengers annually.
An airbase during the Second World War, the airport was used as a military airport until 1980, when it was taken out of service. In 1984, the city council of Nyköping, where the airport is located, decided to take over its control and resume its activities. Therefore, in 1998, the council put 90% of the capital of the airport up for sale with the objective of strengthening its commercial management and enabling investments for its expansion. They acquired this parcel of shares and began the transformation of Skavsta, which has become the second airport of Stockholm and the favoured option for inhabitants who live in the area south of the Swedish capital.
The airport has a capacity of 2.5 million passengers per annum and is designed for expansion in the future.
- Car rental
- The local railway station in Nyköping is 7 kilometres (4 mi) away. It is served by regional trains on the Linköping–Stockholm–(Gävle) route
- Taxi must be prebooked and it takes about 80 minutes to city centre Stockholm.
- Both short- and long-term parking facilities are available. The terminal is reached by foot from all parking areas.
Facilities available to passengers include: Exchange office, Cash machines (ATM), Lost property office, Post office. Baby changing facilities are present at WCs. Paid Internet access throughout the airport.
Airlines and destinations
Airlines Destinations Freebird Airlines Seasonal Charter: Antalya [begins 12 May 2012] Gotlandsflyg Seasonal: Visby Ryanair Alicante, Beauvais, Berlin-Schönefeld, Bremen, Brussels-Charleroi, Dublin, Edinburgh, Eindhoven, Girona, Hahn, Kaunas, Kraków, Liverpool, London-Gatwick, London-Stansted, Lübeck, Madrid, Málaga, Malta, Memmingen, Milan-Orio al Serio, Riga, Rome-Ciampino, Tallinn, Weeze
Seasonal: Alghero, Béziers, Biarritz, Brindisi, Châlons-en-Champagne, Faro, Ibiza, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden, Lamezia Terme, Marseille, Palma de Mallorca, Pisa, Rijeka, Rimini, Rhodes, Seville, Thessaloniki, Trapani, Treviso, Zadar
Wizz Air Belgrade, Budapest, Gdańsk, Katowice, Kiev, Poznań, WarsawDestination map
Accidents and incidents
- On 9 October 1974, Douglas TP-79 79005 of the Svenska Flygvapnet crashed on approach to Nyköping Airport. All 27 people on board survived.
- ^ 2010 Passagerarfrekvens
- ^ "Passagerarfrekvens" (in Swedish). Swedish Transport Agency. Archived from the original on 28 April 2011. http://www.transportstyrelsen.se/Global/Luftfart/Statistik/Pax-dec09.pdf?epslanguage=sv. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- ^ "Landningsfrekvens" (in Swedish). Swedish Transport Agency. Archived from the original on 28 April 2011. http://www.transportstyrelsen.se/Global/Luftfart/Statistik/Landningar-dec09.pdf?epslanguage=sv. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- ^ a b "Stockholm Skavsta Corporate Information". Stockholm Skavsta Airport. Archived from the original on 17 April 2011. http://www.skavsta.se/en/content/8/157/stockholm-skavsta-corporate-information.html. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- ^ "Företagsinformation om Stockholm Skavsta Flygplats" (in Swedish). Stockholm Skavsta Airport. Archived from the original on 17 April 2011. http://www.skavsta.se/sv/content/8/150/foretagsinformation-om-stockholm-skavsta-flygplats.html. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- ^ "To and from the airport". Stockholm Skavsta Airport. http://www.skavsta.se/en/airport/. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- ^ "Facilities at Stockholm Skavsta". WhichAirline.com. http://www.whichairline.com/airport/Nykoping-Stockholm-Skavsta-NYO#facilities. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- ^ "Airline Contact Details". Stockholm Skavsta Airport. Archived from the original on 17 April 2011. http://www.skavsta.se/en/content/4/93/airline-contact-details.html. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- ^ "Route Map". Stockholm Skavsta Airport. Archived from the original on 17 April 2011. http://www.skavsta.se/en/content/4/97/route-map.html. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- ^ "79005 Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Archived from the original on 17 April 2011. http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19741009-0. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
<ref>tag with name
<references>is not used in prior text; see the help page.
Airports in Sweden Stockholm Primary Main Regional Lists
Airports in Sweden · Busiest airports in Europe · Busiest airports in the Nordic countries
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Stockholm-Skavsta Airport — Координаты: 58°47′19″ с. ш. 16°54′44″ в. д. / … Википедия
Stockholm Skavsta Airport — Stockholm Skavsta Flygplats … Deutsch Wikipedia
Stockholm-Arlanda Airport — Infobox Airport name = Stockholm Arlanda Airport nativename = Stockholm Arlanda flygplats IATA = ARN ICAO = ESSA type = Public owner = operator = Luftfartsverket city served = Stockholm, Sweden location = Sigtuna Municipality elevation f = 137… … Wikipedia
Stockholm-Bromma Airport — Infobox Airport name = Stockholm Bromma Airport nativename = Stockholm Bromma flygplats IATA = BMA ICAO = ESSB type = Public owner = operator = Luftfartsverket city served = Stockholm location = Stockholm Municipality elevation f = 47 elevation m … Wikipedia
Stockholm-Västerås Airport — Infobox Airport name = Stockholm Västerås Airport nativename = Västerås Airport nativename a = Hässlö Flygplats nativename r = image width = caption = IATA = VST ICAO = ESOW type = Public owner = operator = Västerås Flygplats AB city served =… … Wikipedia
Stockholm Skavsta — Stockholm Skavsta Flygplats … Deutsch Wikipedia
Stockholm Airport — may refer to:One of four airports in Sweden: *Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN) *Stockholm Bromma Airport (BMA) *Stockholm Skavsta Airport (NYO) *Stockholm Västerås Airport (VST)An airport in Papua New Guinea: *Stockholm Airport (Papua New Guinea)… … Wikipedia
Stockholm — This article is about Stockholm as a geographical place and city. For the associated municipality, see Stockholm Municipality. For other uses, see Stockholm (disambiguation). Stockholm Stockholm Old Town … Wikipedia
Skavsta — Stockholm Skavsta Flygplats … Deutsch Wikipedia
Airport Weeze — Infobox Airport name = Airport Weeze/Dusseldorf nativename = Flughafen Weeze/Niederrhein nativename a = nativename r = image width = 250px caption = IATA = NRN ICAO = EDLV type = Public owner = operator = Flughafen Niederrhein GmbH city served =… … Wikipedia