Magpie-Robins Male White-rumped Shama Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Passeriformes Family: Muscicapidae Genera
The magpie-robins or shamas (from shama, Hindi for C. malabaricus) are medium-sized insectivorous birds (some also eat berries and other fruit) in the genera Copsychus and Trichixos. They were formerly in the thrush family Turdidae, but are more often now treated as part of the Old World flycatcher Muscicapidae.
- Madagascar Magpie Robin, Copsychus albospecularis
- Oriental Magpie Robin, Copsychus saularis
- White-rumped Shama, Copsychus malabaricus
- Seychelles Magpie Robin, Copsychus sechellarum
- White-browed Shama, Copsychus luzoniensis
- White-vented Shama, Copsychus niger
- Black Shama, Copsychus cebuensis
- Rufous-tailed Shama, Trichixos pyrropyga
This article about an Old World flycatcher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.