show_name = Krystala
caption = Krystala
runtime = 30-40 minutes
Judy Ann Santos Emilio Garcia Alma Concepcion Manny Distor Michael Flores Angelica Jones Kitt-Kat Desiree del Valle Chin Chin Gutierrez Sid Lucero Ryan Agoncillo Ronnie Lazaro Susan Africa
Angel Jacob Aaron Juantas
Michael Conan TJ Trinidad Hero Angeles Sandara Park Pokwang
country = flagicon|Philippines
October 8, 2004
April 15, 2005
num_episodes = 133
Krystala was a daily fantasy/sci-fi/adventure/soap opera serial(superserye/fantaserye) from the
Philippines, where it was produced by and aired on ABS-CBNfrom October 8, 2004to April 15, 2005. The show also aired simultaneously on The Filipino Channeland on a one week delay on International Channel(Now AZN-TV) in the United States.
The series followed a young woman named Tala, who accidentally unearths a crystal that contained the spirit of the legendary
diwatasorceress, Luwalhati, who was imprisoned a hundred years earlier by a devilish being, Harimon. As a promise to Luwalhati, Tala agrees to help her rid the world of evil spirits that, once in the possession or contact of human beings, can bring or unleash corruption and mayhem onto the world.
Knowing that kind of fury would lead to Manila, where most of them would blend into the city's large population, Tala decides to leave her Madulom tribe to move into the area, where she would blend into the mix as a normal working girl, working at a
She would learn, however, that most of the spirits also have ties to Harimon, who was also set free by a young girl named Zorah. (Tala would later learn that she was her mother, who had abandoned her as a child after she became possessed by Harimon.) Upon learning that Harimon and his band of co-horts (The fierce Super Z, female
vampireKabagona, flamboyant drag queenTerracota and shapeshifterLuminax) have resurfaced to unleash and finish the sinister plans to unveil a more evil being bent on taking over the human world, Tala uses her crystal to transform herself into the gold-and-blue clad super-sexy superheroine Krystala and uses her powers to protect those who are helpless... and to protect the people who are her close friends.
Faith, the daughter of Zorina and Martin de Gracia. When she was little, her family lived in the province far away from the city. One day, the little girl and her parents were being chased. Her mother told her to run far away from home before an evil man named Bacchus, kills the whole family (Bacchus and his men succeeded in killing the child's father and had kidnapped the child's mother).
A couple from the legendary Madulom tribe, Aleta and Joram, found the crying child near the grave of their newly buried daughter. Aleta was thinking that she should adopt Faith even though her husband and the tribes people think that adopting an outsider is unlucky. But since Aleta felt sorry for the child, she chose to adopt and name her as Tala, raising her with the guidance of Ima, the village fairy.
Years later, Tala was walking in the forest until she stumbled upon a secret cave. As she went in, she spotted a crystal that was just standing on a huge rock in the middle of the cave. Then a voice of a fairy name Luwalhati came out from the crystal. The fairy that was trapped in the crystal told her that she was the chosen one, the one anointed by the Mountain’s Diwatas (fairies) to save the world by ridding it of evil engkantos (supernatural beings). Tala then picked up the crystal and Luwalhati was released from the crystal. Also, the crystal had given Tala amazing powers and by saying "Sa bisa ng kristal, ako ang yong sugo, Krystala!!!", she was able to turn into the super heroine the Philippines know as Krystala!
The show gained a 36% rating on its opening night, cementing Krystala as a successful hit among Philippine televiewers. This caused many viewers from the channel's rival network,
GMA Network, jump to ABS-CBN.
Its highest rating was its 3rd episode, 43.1% and an average of 33.1%, Judy Anne Santos' lowest rated drama so far.
uper Kontrabidas (The Villains)
* Emilio Garcia - as Harimon- King of All Demons, creator of the red stones (mga pulang bato) which gives powers to whoever possesses one.
* Alma Concepcion - as Kabagona- A woman who has the features and abilities of a bat.
* Manny Distor - as Darius- Man with the superspeed ability as well as fighting skills sufficient enough to land several painful blows to our superheroine
* Michael Flores - as Terracotta a.k.a. Badinger Z- A homosexual villain who has the ability to multiply, to scream really loud, to shoot lasers with his magical red stone (in a form of a ring).
* Angelica Jones - as a Flowerette- One of the two villains created in the computer world by Terracotta. Skilled martial artist, their dual attacks proved too much for even Krystala, actually beating her into submission
* Kitt-Kat - as a Flowerette- One of the two villains created in the computer world by Terracotta. Skilled martial artist, their dual attacks proved too much for even Krystala, actually beating her into submission.
* Jeffrey Santos - as Likido- A man who has the ability to transform into any form of liquid, and can turn things into liquid. Has repeatedly evaded Krystala because of this ability, even discovering her secret identity.
* Gabe Mercado - as Gravigat- A man who can manipulate gravity. Despite seemingly incompetent at first glance (which may have led Krystala into thinking that she could easily beat him), his powers afford him a tremendous advantage over many foes. In fact, he humiliated Krystala on their first encounter where, after Krystala made her presence known to Gravigat while still confidently hovering in mid-air, he lessened the gravity centered around the sexy heroine's location where she was still hovering, this caused her to lose control over her flight powers, preventing her stylish boots from landing, trapping her in the air. Gravigat is notably the first villain to be able to use Krystala's powers against her, leaving her defenseless as he made his getaway. The gravity around Krystala only returned to normal after Gravigat left the vicinity. Unfortunately, by this time she had also cancelled her own levitation as she attempted to fight the opposing force of anti-gravity that was keeping her stuck unsupported in the air a while back, she fell face-first to the floor
* Desiree del Valle - as Luminax- A woman who has the ability to turn into light, manipulate light, and attack with light (ex; light blast, lasers that shoot out of her eyes).
* Chin Chin Gutierrez - as Super Z- A woman with the ability to absorb the powers of other supernatural beings. She can use the powers that she absorbed.
* Sid Lucero - as Sugo Ng Dilim- The main villain in the TV series.
Angel Jacob- as Luwalhati
Pokwang- as Fantasya
Hero Angeles- as Loverboy/Mysterio
Aaron Juanatas- as Mokong/Mighty M
Roence Santos- as Patotina
Michael Conan- Brutus/Morphino
Krystala's Powers/Abilities and Items/Weapons
*Krystal Blast - Energy blasts that shoots out of her hands
*Ability to Create Earthquakes
*Teleport to Other Worlds
*Skilled in Martial Arts
*The Crystal (Krystal)- The crystal Tala uses to transform into Krystala and back again.
*Bow and Arrow
*Cape - Krystala's cape is near-indestructible, and could hold a mighty exploision if draped over a bomb
This is the original soundtrack of 'Krystala'. In the TV series, the theme song, 'Super Krystala', was sung by Aegis, but the Krystala soundtrack featured Sheryn Regis singing the theme song instead.
*Super Krystala - Sheryn Regis
*Yakap Mo - Dianne Dela Fuente
*Ba't Di Mo Pagbigyan (Duet) - King And Maoui David
*Sana - Mike Empeno
*Shoobee Doo Wop - Sheryn Regis
*Kapangyarihan - Gloc 9
*Sa Pangarap Na Lang - Marinel Santos
*Ikaw Lang Pala - Josh Santana
*If I Believed - Carol Banawa
*Laban Krystala - Gloc 9 w/ JM
list of Filipino superheroes
list of Filipino supervillains
* [http://www.filipinochannels.com/filipino-channel-show/show-krystala.php Krystala on The Filipino Channel]
* [http://www.geocities.com/krystalaheroine Krystala at Geocities]
* [http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/k/krystala.htm Krystala bio at International Hero]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of Filipino supervillains — The following is a list of Filipino (pinoy) supervillains, who have either appeared in Filipino comic books, television shows (fantaserye), or movies.List of Filipino SupervillainsA* Adobe (a.k.a. Ador) , supervillain from (Captain Barbell, 2006… … Wikipedia
List of Filipino superheroes — The following is a list of Filipino (Pinoy) superheroes, who have either appeared in Filipino comic books (komiks), television shows (fantaserye), or movies. NOTOC 0 9* 3 Na member of Batang XA* A Gel member of Batang X *… … Wikipedia
Goin' Bulilit — infobox television bgcolor= fgcolor= show name = Goin Bulilit caption = Goin Bulilit logo format = Sketch comedy picture format = 480i (SDTV) runtime = 45 minutes creator = ABS CBN executive producer = Geraldine B. Bagnes Nomie Meraña director =… … Wikipedia
Fantaserye and telefantasya — Fantaserye or Telefantasya is a genre of Philippine television which mixes soap opera, fantasy, myth, magic and enchantment. The episodes are usually 30 minutes long, and has a daily slot in the evening primetime row. Usage and The First called… … Wikipedia
Sandara Park — This is a Korean name; the family name is Park. Park Sandara Background information Also known as Dara, Sandy, Krung Krung, Darong, SanTokki, DaRabbit … Wikipedia
Miles Ocampo — Born Camille Hojilla May 1, 1997 (1997 05 01) (age 14) Occupation Actress, Model Camille Hojilla, better known as Miles Ocampo (born May 1, 1997) is a Filipina actress, commercial model and print ads model. A former mainstay in the kiddy gag … Wikipedia
List of superheroines — The following is a list of superheroines (female superheroes) in comics, television, films, and action figures. Each character s name is followed by the publisher s name in parentheses; those from television or movies have their program listed in … Wikipedia
2004 in television — The year 2004 in television involved some significant events.Below is a list of television related events in 2004. For the American TV schedule, see: 2004 05 United States network television schedule. Events*January 1 Carrie s War starring Keeley … Wikipedia
Hero Angeles — Infobox actor image size = 170px name = Hero Angeles caption = birthname = Hero Gervacio Angeles birthdate = birth date and age|1984|12|08 location = Pasig City, Philippines deathdate = deathplace = othername = Hero occupation = Artist, actor,… … Wikipedia
List of Philippine television shows — This is a list of television shows and television programs that are produced in the Philippines. Arts and culture *Art Angel (2004 ndash;, GMA) *Art Is Kool (2002) [imdb title|id=0482852|title=Art Is Kool] *Art Jam (2005 ndash;, ABS CBN) *… … Wikipedia