- 1997 ATP Tour World Championships
TennisEventInfo|1997|ATP Tour World Championships
date=November 11 – November 16
November 17 – November 23
edition=28th (singles) / 23rd (doubles)
Rick Leach/ flagicon|USA Jonathan Stark
The 1997 ATP Tour World Championships (also known for the doubles event as the "Phoenix ATP Tour World Doubles Championship" for sponsorship reasons) were
tennistournaments played on indoor hard courts for the singles event, and indoor carpet courts for the doubles event. It was the 28th edition of the year-end singles championships, the 23rd edition of the year-end doubles championships, and both were part of the 1997 ATP Tour. The singles event took place at the EXPO 2000 Tennis Dome in Hanover, Germany, from November 11 through November 16, 1997, and the doubles event at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, Connecticut, United States, from November 17 through November 23, 1997.
Pete Samprasdef. flagicon|RUS Yevgeny Kafelnikov, 6–3, 6–2, 6–2
*It was Pete Sampras' 8th title of the year, and his 51st overall. It was his 4th year-end championships title, and his 2nd consecutive one.
Rick Leach/ flagicon|USA Jonathan Starkdef. flagicon|IND Mahesh Bhupathi/ flagicon|IND Leander Paes, 6–3, 6–4, 7–6(3)
* [http://www.masters-cup.com/1/home/ Official website]
* [http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tournaments/printabledrawsheet.asp?event=1010022963 Singles Finals Draw]
* [http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tournaments/drawsheetbyRound.asp?event=1010022961&tournament=1010009521 Singles Round Robin Draw (Red Group)]
* [http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tournaments/drawsheetbyRound.asp?event=1010022962&tournament=1010009521 Singles Round Robin Draw (White Group)]
* [http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tournaments/printabledrawsheet.asp?event=1010022960 Doubles Finals Draw]
* [http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tournaments/drawsheetbyRound.asp?event=1010022958&tournament=1010009520 Doubles Round Robin Draw (Green Group)]
* [http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tournaments/drawsheetbyRound.asp?event=1010022959&tournament=1010009520 Doubles Round Robin Draw (Yellow Group)]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.