- Mingo (disambiguation)
Mingo is the name of a Native American tribe and the tribe's language.
Mingo may also refer to:
In the United States:
- Mingo, Iowa
- Mingo, Ohio
- Mingo County, West Virginia
- Mingo, North Carolina in Sampson County, North Carolina
- Mingo, West Virginia in Randolph County, West Virginia
- Black Mingo Creek, a creek in South Carolina
- Mingo Junction, Ohio
- Mingo National Wildlife Refuge, Missouri
- Mingo Wilderness, Missouri, in the Mingo National Wildlife Refuge
- Mingo, Muskogean word for chief
- Carles Domingo Pladevall, aka Mingo, Spanish footballer
- Mingo (musician), an ambient musician
- USS Mingo, the name of two ships in the United States Navy
- Mingo Oak, until 1934, considered the largest and oldest white oak in the U.S., formerly in West Virginia
- Mingo snapper, another name for the Vermilion Snapper (Rhomboplites aurorubens), a fish of the Caribbean with rough leathery skin
- Mingo, a city in the Flash Gordon comic strip
- Mingo, a character in the television series Daniel Boone, played by actor Ed Ames.
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mingo — This article is about the Native American tribe. For other uses, see Mingo (disambiguation). Mingoe redirects here. For the United States Navy steamship, see USS Mingoe (1863). Mingos redirects here. For the English chemist, see Michael Mingos.… … Wikipedia
Matawan (disambiguation) — Matawan, or the similarly spelled Mattawan, Mattewan, Matteawan, or Matewan may refer to: Matawan, New Jersey, a borough in Monmouth County Matawan (or Matavan) Township, a former name of Aberdeen Township, New Jersey, in Monmouth County Matawan… … Wikipedia
Itawamba (disambiguation) — Itawamba may refer to one of the following: *Levi Colbert, a Chickasaw leader who was called Itte wamba Mingo , meaning bench chief . *Itawamba County, Mississippi *Itawamba Community College … Wikipedia
Salt lick (disambiguation) — A salt lick is a salt deposit that animals regularly lick.Salt lick may also refer to: * Salt Lick Publishing, the publishers of QSaltLake *The Salt Lick, a barbecue restaurant in Driftwood, TexasIn geography: *Salt Lick, Kentucky, a city in Bath … Wikipedia
Logan — This article is about the American Indian leader. For other uses, see Logan (disambiguation). Logan statue, Logan, West Virginia Logan the Orator (c. 1723?–1780) was a Native American orator and war leader born in the Iroquois Confederacy.… … Wikipedia
Newtown, West Virginia — may refer to: Newtown, Fayette County, West Virginia, an unincorporated community in Fayette County Newtown, Mingo County, West Virginia, an unincorporated community in Mingo County This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct… … Wikipedia
Alfred E. Neuman — For other uses, see Alfred Newman (disambiguation). Alfred E. Neuman on Mad 30 Alfred E. Neuman is the fictional mascot and cover boy of Mad magazine. The face had drifted through American pictography for decades before being claimed and named by … Wikipedia
George Croghan — For other people named George Croghan, see George Croghan (disambiguation). George Croghan Born c. 1718 Ireland Died August 31, 1782 Passyunk, Pennsylvania Resting place … Wikipedia
Commercial Street Historic District — may refer to: Commercial Street Historic District (Springfield, Missouri), listed on the NRHP in Missouri Commercial Street Historic District (Mingo Junction, Ohio), listed on the NRHP in Ohio See also Commercial Historic District… … Wikipedia
West Virginia — This article is about the U.S. state of West Virginia. For other uses, see West Virginia (disambiguation). State of West Virginia … Wikipedia