One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
One Fish Two Fish
Red Fish Blue Fish
Author(s) Dr. Seuss Country United States Language English Genre(s) Children's literature Publisher Random House Publication date 1960 (renewed 1988) Media type Print (Hardcover and paperback) OCLC Number 184473 Preceded by Green Eggs and Ham Followed by The Sneetches and Other Stories
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish is a 1960 children's book by Dr. Seuss. A simple rhyming book for learner readers, it is a book with a freewheeling plot about a boy and a girl, and the many amazing creatures they have for friends and pets. One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish was part of the Beginner Book Video series which included Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! and The Foot Book.
- The Fedora Core 2 Test 2 announcement contained a "One bug, two bugs, tar bugs, su bugs" poem that resembled and parodied the original book as well as Green Eggs and Ham, another book by Dr. Seuss written in metered rhyme.
- An article on the scientific technique fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) is titled "One FISH two FISH red FISH blue FISH."
- A book titled One Dad, Two Dads, Brown Dad, Blue Dads was published in 2004.
- An episode of Pokémon is titled "One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team."
- An article in the May 2005 National Geographic on coral reef color is titled "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Why are Coral Reefs so Colorful?"
- An episode in season 2 of The Simpsons is titled One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Crawfish, Bluefish: The Smithsonian Sustainable Seafood Cookbook is a cookbook with recipes specifically chosen for their environmental sustainability.
- An episode in season 6 of Entourage is titled "One Car, Two Car, Red Car, Blue Car."
- In the movie Imagine That, Evan Danielson says "One sky! Two sky! Red sky! Blue sky!" after Johnny Whitefeather's phrase "One sky".
- In one episode of TV show FlashForward, character Dyson Frost mentions the book while talking to Charlie Benford.
- The comic strip Cyanide & Happiness contains a parodic reference.
- The webcomic Rock, Paper, Cynic has a sequence of five comic strips, using the book and Mario Kart as themes ,known as "One Shell, Two Shell, Red Shell, Blue Shell".
- The novel as well as its author are cited also in an episode of the sitcom "the big bang theory" (episode 7 season 5)
Theme park attraction
One Fish Two Fish
Red Fish Blue Fish
Entrance of the One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish ride at Islands of Adventure. Location Islands of Adventure Area Seuss Landing Soft opening date March 1999 Opening date May 28, 1999 Attraction Type Water Ride Theme One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Vehicle type Fish Duration 3 Universal Express available
The book was the basis of a theme park attraction located at Universal's Islands of Adventure in the Seuss Landing area of the park, called "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish". The attraction has riders enter vehicles based on various colored fish from the book, and they must follow directions given on the ride to avoid getting wet. However, on days when it is too cold, the ride will operate without the water. The ride was constructed by the German attraction builder, Zierer.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
One Dad, Two Dads, Brown Dad, Blue Dads — (Alyson Books, 2004 ISBN 1 55583 848 0) is a children s book by Johnny Valentine and Melody Sarecky. It is designed for 4 8 year olds, and discusses all kinds of different dads, including having two dads. In the book a different colored dad, a… … Wikipedia
One Fish — One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Bluefish Saltar a navegación, búsqueda One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Bluefish Episodio de Los Simpson Episodio n.º Temporada 2 Episodio 24 Código de producción 7F11 Guionista(s) Nell Scovell Director … Wikipedia Español
One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Bluefish — Episodio de Los Simpson Episodio n.º Temporada 2 Episodio 24 Código de producción 7F11 Guionista(s) Nell Scovell Director Wesley M. Archer Estrellas invitadas … Wikipedia Español
One Fish, Two Fish, Crawfish, Bluefish — Fishing boat One Fish, Two Fish, Crawfish, Bluefish: The Smithsonian Sustainable Seafood Cookbook (ISBN 1 58834 169 0) is a collection of seafood recipes specifically chosen for their environmental sustainability. It was written by Carole C.… … Wikipedia
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish — a 1960 rhyming book for children by Dr. Seuss … Dictionary of ichthyology
Red Bull — is an energy drink on the market and is sold by Red Bull GmbH. [see http://www.energyfiend.com/2007/04/the 15 top energy drink brands] In 2006, more than 3 billion cans were sold in over 130 countries. Its main headquarters are located in Austria … Wikipedia
Red Dwarf ships — The British sci fi comedy Red Dwarf prominently features many different spaceships . Three feature regularly, and several have appeared for one or two episodes only but are nonetheless important to Red Dwarf continuity or well known among the fan … Wikipedia
Blue Whale — Taxobox name = Blue WhaleMSW3 Mead | pages = 725] status = EN status system = iucn3.1 status ref =IUCN2008|assessors=Reilly, S.B., Bannister, J.L., Best, P.B., Brown, M., Brownell Jr., R.L., Butterworth, D.S., Clapham, P.J., Cooke, J., Donovan, G … Wikipedia
Red fox — For other uses, see Red fox (disambiguation). Red fox Temporal range: Mid Pleistocene–Recent European red fox (V. v. crucigera) Conservation status … Wikipedia
Fish — /fish/, n. Hamilton, 1808 93, U.S. statesman: secretary of state 1869 77. * * * I Any of more than 24,000 species of cold blooded vertebrates found worldwide in fresh and salt water. Living species range from the primitive lampreys and hagfishes… … Universalium