September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows
September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, also known as 9/11 Families for Peaceful Tomorrows or simply Peaceful Tomorrows, is an
anti-warorganiation for survivors of the September 11, 2001 attacksand friends and family members of the victims.
It aims to develop and advocate
nonviolentoptions and actions in the pursuit of justice, in the hope that this will help break what the members see as the cycles of violence engendered by warand terrorism.
Peaceful Tomorrows was lanched on
14 February 2002at a press conference at the United Nations headquartersby some families that had lost members in the 9/11 attacks who did not want their grief to justify attacks such as the American bombing campaign in Afghanistan, and to ensure that these actions were not be done in their names and the names of their loved ones.
* [http://www.converge.org.nz/pma/cra0185.htm 9/11 Families Unite to Launch Peaceful Tomorrows] Press release
* [http://www.peacefultomorrows.org/article.php?list=type&type=12 About us] , self description
* [http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=40&ItemID=1906 September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows] ,
Znet, May 07, 2002
* [http://www.peacefultomorrows.org peacefultomorrows.org] Organisation website
* [http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/reports/international/sept11_20030910.shtml Americans Question 'Terror' War] , Kelly Campbell form Peaceful tomorrows speaks to Angus Stickler
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of anti-war organizations — In order to facilitate organized opposition to war, anti war activists have often founded anti war organizations. These groups range from temporary coalitions to more permanent structured organizations.The following is a list of anti war… … Wikipedia
Maher Arar — Born 1970 Syria Residence Canada Citizenship Canadian, Syrian Occupation Telecommunications engineer Known for Extraordinary Rendition … Wikipedia
Антивоенное движение — Антивоенное движение общественное движение, целью которого является прекращение войн и установление мира. Средствами достижения этой цели является пропаганда пацифизма и антимилитаризма и различные виды протеста против войны, такие как… … Википедия
Движение за мир — Антивоенное движение, борьба за мир, движение за мир общественное движение целью которого является прекращение войн и установление мира. Средствами достижения этой цели является пропаганда пацифизма и различные виды протеста против войны, такие… … Википедия
Amber Amundson — is the widow of Craig Amundson, an enlisted Army specialist who lost his life at The Pentagon during the September 11, 2001 attacks. After the attacks, she controversially called for peace and opposed the 2001 war in Afghanistan and the Iraq… … Wikipedia