Ronny Someck was born in
Baghdadin 1951 and came to Israelas a young child. He studied Hebrew literatureand philosophy at Tel Aviv Universityand drawing at the Avni Academy of Art. He has worked with street gangs, and currently teaches literature and leads creative writing workshops. He has published 9 volumes of poetry (The last called “The Milk Underground”) and book for children with his daughter Shirly ( “The Laughter Button”). It has been translated into 39 languages.Selections of his poems have appeared in Arabic translation, French (with the exile Iraqi poet- A.K. El-Janabi), Catalan, Albanian , Italian, Macedonian, yiddish and English.
He is recipient of the Prime Minister's Award, Yehuda Amichai Award for Hebrew poetry, The "Wine poem award" in Struga Poetry Evenings, Macedonia, 2005 and Hans Berghhuis prize for poetry 2006 in the Maastricht International Poetry Nights.HolandHe recorded with the musician Elliott Sharp 3 CD's : “revenge of the stuttering child”, “Poverty Line” and “Short History of Vodka.”In 1998 he made an exhibition “nature’s Factory, winter 2046”with Beny Efrat in” Israel museum “. In 2004 made "Hawadja Bialik" and in 2007 made "Rehal Madrid"-two exhibitions in "The Museum of Israeli Art, Ramat-Gan". He is a member in the Public Council of "Batsheva Dance Company " and at the Hebrew- Arabic Theatre
* Exile (1976)
* Solo (1980)
* Asphalt (1984)
* Seven Lines on the Wonder of the Yarkon(1987)
* Panther (1989)
* Bloody Mary (1994)
* Rice Paradise (1996)
* The Revolution Drummer (2001)
* The Milk Underground(2005)
For children:• "The Laughter Button" with Shirly Someck (1998)
In English:• “The Fire Stays In Red” (2002 USA)
In Arabic:• “Jasmine“(1994 ISRAEL) • “And the poem is a gangster’s girl” (1996 PARIS)
In French:• "Nes a Bagdad" with A. k. El Janabi (1998 Paris)• "Constat de Beaute"(Edition PHI Luxembourg,2008)In Catalan:• “En paper de vidre” (2000 Barcelona)• "Amor Pirata"(2006 Barcelona)
In Albanian• “The Sign of the Bite” (TIRANE2001)• "Prekla e te Qeshurit" ( TIRANE 2006)In Italian• “Il Rosso Catalogo della Parola Tramonto”with Fausta Squatriti (NOLA•. "Il Bambino Balbuziente"(mesogea, sicily2008) 2002)
In Macedonian• "weat"(skopje 2005)In Yiddish• "I am a pajama Iraqi"(H.Levick Publishing House Tel Aviv)
Translations to his poems have appeared in Anthologies and Poetry Magazines in 39 languages.
* Acum (Society of Authors, Composers and Music Publishers in Israel) special Jubilee Prize for a special achievement, 1987.
* Prime Minister’s Prize, 1989.2000.
* Afrat Prize,1999.
* Ahi Prize (The Association for the Promotion of Research , Literature and Art, founded in Israel by Jews from Iraq), 1999
* Yehuda Amichai prize for Hebrew poetry (2005)
* "wine poem award" Struga Poetry Evenings, Macedonia, 2005
* Hans Berghhuis prize for poetry 2006.the Maastricht International Poetry Nights.Holand
Art that was created by him or after his work:
* “The wall of bliss”, The Artist Museum, Lodz, 1933.
* “Jasmine”. Um-El-Fahem Gallery, 1996.
* “A poem of bliss”, Artists-Messengers of peace, Eretz-Israel Museum, 1996.
* “Rosalia”- “Mini-Arutr”, Gubbio, Italy, 1997.
* “The Razor that cut the Metaphoric Face of Poetry”- Five etchings by Yigal Ozeri ensuing five poems by Ronny Someck, Tel-Aviv Museum, Binet Gallery, Israel, Z Gallery New York, 1997.
* Nature's Factory, with Benni Efrat, THE ISRAEL MUSEUM ,1998.
* " “The Ballad OF alcohol Valley”.Haifa International Installation Triennale. HAIFA MUSEUM OF ART.1999.
* Markers – On Outdoor Banner Event of Artists an Poets for Venice Biennale. 2001, 2003,2005,2007.
* “Il Rosso Catalogo della Parola Tramonto”-Five etchings by Fausta Squatriti ensuing poems by Ronny Someck. Fallani Best Gallery.Firenze. 2002.
* "Hawadja Bialik"-The Museum of Israeli Art, Ramat-Gan.2004.
* "Impermanenza".Centro Studi Maitreya-Venezia.2004
* "And Next to it ,in a Similar Frame"-15 photographers relating to the poems of Ronny Someck.College of Design –Haifa-Canadian Hadassah Wizo.2005
* "Rehal Madrid"- The Museum of Israeli Art, Ramat-Gan.2007/• "Wandering Library 2". Galerie Cargo 21". Paris.2008
* “Revenge of the Stuttering child” CD With Elliott Sharp, Tzadik Records, New York, 1997.
* “Poverty line”, CD with Elliott Sharp. ZuTa Music. Tel-Aviv, 1999.
* “A Short History of Vodka”. ZuTa Music-NMC.Tel-Aviv.2001.
See "The Modern Hebrew Poem Itself", 2003, ISBN 0-8143-2485-1, a collection of modern Hebrew poetry.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ronny Someck — (2007) Ronny Someck (hebräisch רוני סומק ; * 1951 in Bagdad) ist ein vielfach mit Preisen ausgezeichneter israelischer Schriftsteller, Künstler und Ausstellungsmacher irakisch jüdischer Herkunft … Deutsch Wikipedia
SOMECK, RONNY — (1951– ), Hebrew poet. Someck was born in Baghdad, Iraq, and came to Israel as a child. He studied Hebrew literature and philosophy at Tel Aviv University and sketching at the Avni Art Institute. He worked as a counselor with street gangs, taught … Encyclopedia of Judaism
literature — /lit euhr euh cheuhr, choor , li treuh /, n. 1. writings in which expression and form, in connection with ideas of permanent and universal interest, are characteristic or essential features, as poetry, novels, history, biography, and essays. 2.… … Universalium
List of Hebrew language authors — List of Hebrew language authors:A*Yossi Abolafia *Dorit Abusch *Shimon Adaf *Suzane Adam *Tamar Adar *Uri Adelman *Malka Adler *Meir Agassi *Shmuel Yosef Agnon (winner of the Nobel prize for literature in 1966) *Leah Aini *Miriam Akavia *Gila… … Wikipedia
List of Iraqis — This list of Iraqis includes people who were born in Iraq and people who are of Iraqi ancestry, who are significantly notable for their life and/or work. This list should be carefully maintained, and adding or deleting a name without first… … Wikipedia
Hebrew literature — Jewish culture Visual Arts Visual Arts list … Wikipedia
Enzo Nini — articleissues unreferenced = February 2007 rewrite = August 2008 expert = jazzInfobox Musical artist Name = Enzo Nini Img capt = Photo by Peppe Ruotolo Background = non vocal instrumentalist Birth name = Alias = Born = birth date and… … Wikipedia
Shefi Yishai — is an Israeli musician, mostly active as composer and musical director for theater.Shefi Wrote music to songs written by well known Israeli poets Nathan Zach, Yehuda Amichai, Yona Wallach, Ronny Someck. Released one solo album and worked on… … Wikipedia
Autoren von Kinder- und Jugendliteratur — Dies ist eine Liste von Kinder und Jugendbuchautoren, die mit einem eigenen Artikel versehen sind. Im oberen Teil sind deutschsprachige, darunter internationale Autoren aufgeführt. Autoren Inhaltsverzeichnis A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Frank Schablewski — (* 20. März 1965 in Hannover) ist ein deutscher Schriftsteller. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Leben 2 Einzeltitel 3 Auszeichnungen 4 Weblinks … Deutsch Wikipedia