Nordic may refer to:
- The Nordic countries, the northwestern European countries of Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Sweden), as well as Iceland and Finland; or a native of one of the Nordic countries
- Scandinavian, a cultural, historical and ethno-linguistic region in northern Europe that includes the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, characterized by their common heritage and language
- A native of Northern Europe
- Nordic or North Germanic languages
- Nordic Bronze Age, the name given by Oscar Montelius to a period and a Bronze Age culture in Scandinavian pre-history, c. 1700-500 BC, with sites that reached as far east as Estonia
- Nordic folklore
- Nordic mythology
Relating to a racial category
- Nordic race, "a physical type characterized by tall stature, long head, light skin and hair, and light-colored eyes"
- Nordic theory or Nordicism, the belief that Northern Europeans constitute a "master race"
- Nordic League (a British far right organization), a far right organisation in the United Kingdom from 1935 to 1939 that sought to serve as a co-ordinating body for the various extremist movements whilst also seeking to promote Nazism
- Nordic aliens, also referred to as Nordics, a group of supposed humanoid extraterrestrial beings whose appearance resembles the Nordic physical type
- Nordic combined, a winter sport in which athletes compete in both cross-country skiing and ski jumping
- Nordic skiing, a winter sport that encompasses all types of skiing where the heel of the boot cannot be fixed to the ski, as opposed to Alpine skiing
- Nordic walking, a physical activity and a sport consisting of walking with poles similar to ski poles
- Nordic Figure Skating Championships, an annual invitational elite figure skating competition, open only to skaters from Nordic countries
- Quebec Nordiques, an ice hockey team.
- Nordic Catholic Church, a church body in Norway of High Church Lutheran origin, under the auspices of the Polish National Catholic Church
- Nordic (tug), a German emergency tow vessel
- Norse (disambiguation)
- North, a noun, adjective, or adverb indicating direction or geography
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nordic ID — Год основания 1986 Расположение … Википедия
nordic — NÓRDIC, Ă, nordici, ce, adj. Care este situat în (sau la, spre) nord, care provine (sau este originar) din nord; care aparţine nordului. ♦ (Substantivat) Persoană care face parte dintr o populaţie care trăieşte în regiunile de nord ale globului… … Dicționar Român
Nordic — prop. adj. 1. of or pertaining to the inhabitants of Scandinavia; as, Nordic languages have a gender system. [WordNet 1.5] 2. Relating to Germany and Scandinavia; as, Hitler wanted Nordic people to rule Europe. [WordNet 1.5] 3. Resembling the… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Nordic — (adj.) 1898, from Fr. nordique (in J. Deniker s system of race classifications), lit. of or pertaining to the north, from nord north (a loan word from Old English; see NORTH (Cf. north)). Perhaps influenced by Ger. Nordisch. As a noun, from 1901 … Etymology dictionary
Nordic — ► ADJECTIVE 1) relating to Scandinavia, Finland, and Iceland. 2) referring to a tall, blonde physical type associated with northern Europe. ► NOUN ▪ a native of Scandinavia, Finland, or Iceland. ORIGIN French nordique, from nord north … English terms dictionary
Nordic — [nôr′dik] adj. [ModL Nordicus < Fr nordique < nord, north < OE north, NORTH] 1. former designating or of a physical type of the Caucasoid peoples exemplified by the long headed, tall, blond people of Scandinavia: see also ALPINE,… … English World dictionary
Nordic — [[t]nɔ͟ː(r)dɪk[/t]] 1) ADJ: ADJ n Nordic means relating to the Scandinavian countries of northern Europe. The Nordic countries have been quick to assert their interest in the development of the Baltic States. 2) ADJ: ADJ n Someone who looks… … English dictionary
Nordic — 1. adjective /ˈnɔː(ɹ).dɪk/ a) Of or relating to the Nordic countries. b) Of or relating to the light colouring and tall stature of Nordic peoples. 2. noun /ˈnɔː(ɹ).dɪk/ A person of Scandinavian descent or having features typical of Scandinavian… … Wiktionary
Nordic — Nor|dic [ nɔrdık ] adjective 1. ) someone who is Nordic is from Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, or Iceland 2. ) relating to Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, or Iceland, or to the languages or cultures of any of these countries: the Nordic… … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
Nordic — UK [ˈnɔː(r)dɪk] / US [ˈnɔrdɪk] adjective 1) someone who is Nordic is from Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, or Iceland 2) relating to Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, or Iceland, or to the languages or cultures of any of these countries the… … English dictionary