- Night in the Ruts
Night in the Ruts Studio album by Aerosmith Released November 1, 1979 Recorded Spring-Summer 1979 Genre Hard rock, heavy metal Length 35:41 Label Columbia Producer Aerosmith Aerosmith chronology Draw the Line
Night in the Ruts
Rock in a Hard Place
Singles from Night in the Ruts Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic  Robert Christgau (C+) Rolling Stone 
Joe Perry left the band midway through the recording of the album. The album was initially produced at the Bands Warehouse/Rehearsal space by Jack Douglas who had produced Aerosmith's previous four albums, but later, Columbia Records brought in Gary Lyons to replace Douglas as the producer.
About halfway through the recording of the album, due to mounting debt and the need for the band to generate an income, the record label and management set Aerosmith out on another tour without extra time to finish the album, which pushed the album to being released later in the year. Joe Perry left the band mid-way through the tour, after a violent feud involving the band members and their wives, and as drug abuse intensified within the band. Prior to his departure, Perry had completed guitar parts for "No Surprize", "Chiquita", "Cheese Cake", "Three Mile Smile" and "Bone to Bone (Coney Island White Fish Boy)". The guitar parts for the remaining songs were recorded by Brad Whitford, Richie Supa, Neil Thompson, and Jimmy Crespo (who later became Perry's official replacement from 1979 to 1984).
Despite some critical acclaim and early success, the album quickly fell down the charts. The album has since achieved platinum status. Promo videos for "No Surprize" and "Chiquita" were filmed (featuring Perry's replacement Jimmy Crespo); however, these videos received little television airplay. "Chiquita" is available on the band's Video Scrapbook VHS and laserdisc release.
No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "No Surprize" Steven Tyler, Joe Perry 4:25 2. "Chiquita" Tyler, Perry 4:24 3. "Remember (Walking in the Sand)" Shadow Morton 4:03 4. "Cheese Cake" Tyler, Perry 4:15
No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "Three Mile Smile" Tyler, Perry 3:40 2. "Reefer Head Woman" Joe Bennett, Jazz Gillum, Lester Melrose 4:03 3. "Bone to Bone (Coney Island White Fish Boy)" Tyler, Perry 2:58 4. "Think About It" Keith Relf, Jimmy Page, Jim McCarty 3:31 5. "Mia" Tyler 4:15
- Steven Tyler - lead vocals
- Joe Perry - guitar, backing vocals
- Brad Whitford - guitar
- Tom Hamilton - bass
- Joey Kramer - drums
- Jimmy Crespo - additional guitars
- Richie Supa - additional guitars - "Mia"
- Louis del Gatto - baritone saxophone - "Chiquita"
- Lou Marini - baritone saxophone, tenor saxophone - "Chiquita"
- Barry Rogers - trombone, tenor saxophone - "Chiquita"
- Neil Thompson - electric guitar - "Chiquita"
- George Young - horn, alto saxophone - "Chiquita"
- Producers: Aerosmith, Gary Lyons
- Executive producer: David Krebs
- Engineer: Gary Lyons
- Mastering: Vic Anesini, George Marino
- Direction: David Krebs, Steve Leber
- Creative supervision: Keith Garde
- Art supervisor: Joel Zimmerman
- Art direction: Kosh
- Design: Kosh, Lisa Sparagano
- Cover art concept: Styler
- Photography: Jimmy Ienner, Jr., Jim Shea
Album - Billboard (North America)
Year Chart Position 1979 The Billboard 200 14
Singles - Billboard (North America)
Year Single Chart Position 1979 "Remember (Walking in the Sand)" The Billboard Hot 100 67
Organization Level Date RIAA - USA Gold March 13, 1980 Platinum October 28, 1994 CIA – Canada Gold Dec 01, 1977
- ^ a b http://www.allmusic.com/album/r174
- ^ Christgau, Robert. "Night in the Ruts". Robert Christgau. http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_album.php?id=6287.
- ^ http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/aerosmith/albumguide
- ^ a b "Gold and Platinum Database Search". http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?resultpage=1&table=SEARCH_RESULTS&action=&title=Night%20in%20the%20Ruts&artist=Aerosmith&format=&debutLP=&category=&sex=&releaseDate=&requestNo=&type=&level=&label=&company=&certificationDate=&awardDescription=&catalogNo=&aSex=&rec_id=&charField=&gold=&platinum=&multiPlat=&level2=&certDate=&album=&id=&after=&before=&startMonth=1&endMonth=1&startYear=1958&endYear=2009&sort=Artist&perPage=25. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Night In The Ruts — Album par Aerosmith Sortie Novembre 1979 Enregistrement Début 1979 Durée 35min41s Genre(s) Hard rock … Wikipédia en Français
Night in the Ruts — Album par Aerosmith Sortie Novembre 1979 Enregistrement Début 1979 au Record Plant Studios, N.Y. Media Sound Studios, N.Y. Durée 35min41s … Wikipédia en Français
Night in the Ruts — Álbum de Aerosmith Publicación Noviembre 1979 (EUA) Grabación Primavera Verano 1979 Género(s) Hard rock, heavy metal … Wikipedia Español
The Other Side (Aerosmith) — The Other Side Single par Aerosmith extrait de l’album Pump Pays États Unis Sortie … Wikipédia en Français
The Very Best of Aerosmith — Devil s Got a New Disguise The Very Best of Aerosmith Devil s Got a New Disguise The Very Best of Aerosmith Album par Aerosmith Sortie 17 octobre 2006 (U.S) 30 octobre 2006 (EU) Enregistrement 1972 2006 Durée 79 … Wikipédia en Français
The Chemical Brothers — фото The Chemical Brothers Том Роулендс (слева), Эд Саймонс (справа) Основная информация Жанр Электронная, Бигбит, альтернативный дэнс … Википедия
The Levellers — Infobox musical artist Name = Levellers Img capt = Img size = 275 Landscape = Background = group or band Alias = Origin = Brighton, England Genre = Alternative rock, Folk punk, Celtic punk Years active = 1988 ndash;present Label = Musidisc China… … Wikipedia
The Clash — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Clash. The Clash The Clash en liv … Wikipédia en Français
The Wayward Bus — by John Steinbeck, is one of Steinbeck s lesser novels. It features clear writing and character delineation.Originally published in 1947, this novel contains several references to the recent Second World War (such as a wall chart of mandatory pr … Wikipedia
The Irish (in Countries Other Than Ireland) — The Irish (in countries other than Ireland) † Catholic Encyclopedia ► The Irish (in countries other than Ireland) I. IN THE UNITED STATES Who were the first Irish to land on the American continent and the time of their arrival are … Catholic encyclopedia