Rugby League State of Origin results and statistics
This is a list of
Rugby League State of Originresults and statistics. Contained here are the results of each official rugby leagueState of Origin match, the exhibition match played between New South Wales and Queensland in the United States and the matches played between New South Wales and Queensland for the Super League Tri-series.
* Earliest start: May 3 (1993)
* Latest finish: July 23 (1985)
* Largest crowd:
** Absolute record: 203,309 (2004)
** Series with 2 games in Queensland: 187,374 (2005) [Since the completion of Stadium Australia, now
Telstra Stadium, in 1999, New South Wales has a significantly larger stadium than any in Queensland. This means that a series with two games in New South Wales, or with one at the even larger Melbourne Cricket Ground, has the potential for a larger attendance than any series with two matches in Queensland.]
* Smallest Crowd: 67,003 (1982)
* Largest crowd: 88,336 at Stadium Australia (match 2, 1999)
* Smallest crowd: 16,559 at Lang Park (match 3, 1984), 12,439 at Veteran's Stadium (exhibition match, 1987)
* Most points scored: 72, New South Wales d. Queensland 56-16 (match 3, 2000)
* Least points scored: 2, Queensland d. New South Wales 2-0 (match 1, 1995)
* Total points scored: 1313 Queensland, 1282 New South Wales (after game 3, 2008)
* Most consecutive wins: 8, Queensland (match 2, 1987 - match 3, 1989)
* New South Wales wins: 37 series matches, 1 exhibition match (38 total)
* Queensland wins: 39 series matches
* Drawn matches: 2
1988either New South Wales or Queensland usually hosts two of the three matches on a rotational basis. Prior to this Queensland hosted two matches every year. In 1990, 1994, 1995, 1997and 2006, one of the matches was played in Melbourne. (Another is also scheduled to be played there in 2009. The following venues have hosted State of Origin matches since 1980.
1992to 2003the Wally Lewis Medal was awarded by the Queensland Rugby Leaguefor the Queensland player of the series.
Brad Fittler Medal
The following players have been awarded the
Brad FittlerMedal for New South Wales player of the series.
Peter Sterlingcaptained New South Wales in the exhibition match at Long Beach, California.
The following referees have controlled State of Origin series matches.
Bill Harriganalso refereed both matches between New South Wales and Queensland in the Super League Tri-series.
# Michael Stone also refereed the exhibition match between New South Wales and Queensland in Long Beach, California.
* Most games in a row: 12 (
Rugby League State of Origin
New South Wales rugby league team
* Queensland rugby league team
New South Wales Rugby League
Queensland Rugby League
Notes and references
* [http://www.fogs.com.au/OriginStats.htm Former Origin Greats (FOGS) website]
* [http://stats.rleague.com/rl/soo/soo_idx.html World of Rugby League website]
* [http://www.nswrl.com.au/origin/records.php State of Origin records at nswrl.com]
* [http://rl1908.com/Origin/ RL1908's State of Origin All-time Statistics]
* [http://www.stateoforigin.com.au stateoforigin.com.au Official state of origin website]
* [http://stats.rleague.com/rl/soo/soo_idx.html State of Origin at stats.rleague.com]
* [http://rugbyleagueproject.com/competitions/State_of_Origin.html State of Origin at rugbyleagueproject.com]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Rugby League State of Origin — The State of Origin series is one of Australia s and the region s premier sporting events, attracting a huge television audience and usually selling out the stadiums in which the games are played. State of Origin series have a reputation as the… … Wikipedia
Rugby league in Australia — Sport overview country = Australia sport = Rugby league imagesize = 260px caption = union = Australian Rugby League nickname = The Kangaroos first = 1907, Sydney, New South Wales registered = 172,000 (total) 58,200 (adult) clubs = match = 107,558 … Wikipedia
New South Wales Rugby League — Not to be confused with New South Wales Rugby Union. This page is for the governing body of rugby league in New South Wales. For information about the New South Rugby League Premierships run from the inception of rugby league in Australia until… … Wikipedia
New South Wales rugby league team — New South Wales … Wikipedia
Queensland Rugby League — Not to be confused with Queensland Rugby Union. Queensland Rugby League Founded 1908, Brisbane, Australia Formerly named Queensland Rugby Associatio … Wikipedia
List of New South Wales rugby league team players — This is article lists all rugby league footballers who have represented the New South Wales rugby league team in matches played since 1980 against Queensland under State of Origin selection criteria. Players are listed according to the date of… … Wikipedia
New South Wales rugby league team records — This is a list of records in the Rugby League State of Origin for New South Wales. Contents 1 Individual Records 1.1 Most Caps 1.2 Most Points 1.3 Most Tries … Wikipedia
Bulldogs Rugby League Football Club history — The Bulldogs (formerly Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs) are a professional rugby league club in the National Rugby League (NRL), the premier rugby league football competition in Australia.To date, 690 first grade players have worn the blue and… … Wikipedia
Australian Football League — Infobox sports league name=Australian Football League current season= logo=Australian Football League.png pixels=150px sport=Australian rules football founded=1897 ceo=Andrew Demetriou teams=16 country=AUS champion=Hawthorn Hawks most… … Wikipedia
Super League Tri-series — The Super League Tri series was a rugby league competition contested in 1997 between representative teams from Queensland, New South Wales and New Zealand. It was held as an alternative to the Rugby League State of Origin that was contested in… … Wikipedia