Some popular types of mixed drinks are:
- Cobbler, a beverage made with wine or sherry, citrus juice, and sugar
- Cocktail, narrowly a mixture of liquor, sugar, water, and bitters; more broadly any sort of alcoholic mixed drink
- Cooler, a tall drink made with liquor, a carbonated beverage, and a fruit garnish
- Crusta, a liquor and citrus drink served in a glass rimmed with sugar
- Cup, a mixture of wine and other ingredients, typically fruit juice and a carbonated beverage, similar to a Wine cooler
- Fix, a mixture of liquor, citrus, and sugar
- Fizz, a fix with a carbonated beverage added
- Flip, an alcoholic mixed drink incorporating beaten egg, especially one made with liquor or wine, sugar, and egg, topped with powdered nutmeg and served hot or cold. Also used to describe a sailor's drink made from beer mixed with rum or brandy, sweetened and served hot
- Julep, a sweet drink of liquor and aromatics, specifically mint
Several lists of related topics are available:
- List of cocktails
- List of beer cocktails
- List of flaming beverages
- List of non-alcoholic cocktails
- List of non-alcoholic punches
- List of wine cocktails
- List of drinkware
- List of common edible cocktail garnishes
- List of common inedible cocktail garnishes
- Cocktails, which are one or more distilled spirits combined with drink mixers.
- Mixed drink shooters and drink shots, which are small servings of cocktails in special glasses.
- Beer cocktails, which combine beer with a drink mixer or distilled spirits.
- Wine cocktails and punches, which combine wine (still or sparkling) with drink mixers.
- Flaming beverages, which are cocktails containing high-proof alcohol ignited prior to serving.
- Non-alcoholic mixed drinks, which are soft drinks that do not contain alcohol.
- Mixed drink supplies are used by bartenders to prepare and serve mixed drinks.
Collections of related articles are categorized under the following topics:
- Category:Alcohol-related lists
- Category:Mixed drinks
- Category:Alcoholic beverages
- Category:Soft drinks
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mixed Drink — Mixed Drink, der; [s], s, Mixed|drink, der [ mɪkst drɪŋk, mɪkstdrɪŋk; engl. mixed drink, zu: to mix = mischen u. drink = Getränk]: alkoholisches Mischgetränk. * * * Mixed Drink [ mɪkst drɪŋk], der; [s], s, (auch:) Mixed|drink, der; [s], [s] [engl … Universal-Lexikon
Mixed Drink — [ mikst ] der; [s], s <aus gleichbed. engl. mixed drink zu to mix »mischen« u. drink »Getränk«> alkoholisches Mischgetränk … Das große Fremdwörterbuch
mixed drink — mixed′ drink′ n. vin an alcoholic drink combining two or more ingredients • Etymology: 1940–45 … From formal English to slang
mixed drink — n. a drink of alcoholic liquor combined with one or more other ingredients, as wine, water, or another liquor … English World dictionary
mixed drink — noun made of two or more ingredients • Hypernyms: ↑alcohol, ↑alcoholic drink, ↑alcoholic beverage, ↑intoxicant, ↑inebriant • Hyponyms: ↑cocktail, ↑Dom Pedro, ↑ … Useful english dictionary
mixed drink — noun An alcoholic drink made from one or more kinds of liquor mixed with other ingredients. I like gin and tonic as a mixed drink, but I really prefer beer … Wiktionary
mixed drink — an alcoholic drink combining two or more ingredients, as liquor, fruit juice, and flavorings. [1940 45] * * * … Universalium
mixed drink — noun Date: 1860 an alcoholic beverage prepared from two or more ingredients … New Collegiate Dictionary
Mixed drink supplies — are the various components that are used to create mixed drinks. Contents 1 Drinkware 2 Alcohol 3 Mixers 4 Garnishes 5 … Wikipedia
Mixed drink shooters and drink shots — A shooter (or shot) is a one to four ounce alcoholic beverage. It may consist of one type of alcohol or a cocktail of different alcohols, often mixed with other beverages. Shooters can be shaken, stirred, blended, layered, or simply poured. Shot… … Wikipedia