Mogul may refer to:
- Mughal Empire, or any member of its ruling dynasty
- Business magnate, a prominent person in a particular industry
- Media mogul, a person who controls, either through personal ownership or a dominant position, any media enterprise
- Mogul lamp (or six way lamp), a floor lamp which has a large center light bulb surrounded by three (or four) smaller bulbs
- HTC Mogul, a Windows Mobile 6.0/6.1 PDA
- The Troubleshooters, or Mogul a.k.a The Troubleshooters, a British television series made by the BBC between 1965 and 1972
- Mogul Thrash, a former progressive rock band from the United Kingdom active in the early 1970s
- The Moguls, a 2005 comedy film written and directed by Michael Traeger
- Indy Mogul, a DIY film making blog/forum site and series of podcasts/videos
- Baseball Mogul, a series of baseball simulation computer games created by Clay Dreslough
- Casino Mogul, an economic simulation game for Windows
- Hollywood Mogul, a computer game released in 1997 that allows players to take charge of a movie studio
- Mammoth Mogul, a fictional character from the Sonic the Hedgehog comics
- Mogul, name for the 2-6-0 steam locomotive wheel arrangement
- Mogul, the name of the first locomotive of GER Class 527, and the first 2-6-0 to be built for use in Great Britain
- LMS Hughes Crab or Horwich Mogul, a class of mixed traffic 2-6-0 steam locomotive built between 1926 and 1932
- LMS Stanier Mogul, a class of 2-6-0 mixed traffic steam locomotive (built 1933-1934)
- Mogul skiing, a type of freestyle skiing where skiers try to pass different bumps or moguls
- MOGUL framework, Modular Online Growth and Use of Language: a processing-based research framework for investigating languages in the mind
- Project Mogul, a US military listening project using high altitude balloons
- Federal-Mogul, an automotive parts supplier based in Southfield, Michigan, USA
- A software package for data-mining crystallographic databases, distributed by the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre
- Verdi-Mogul, Nevada, a census-designated place (CDP) in Washoe County, Nevada, United States
- Mongols, one or several ethnic groups
- All pages beginning with "Mogul"
- All pages with titles containing "Mogul"
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
mogul — MOGÚL, Ă, moguli, e, s.m. şi f., adj. 1. s.m. şi f. Persoană care făcea parte din dinastia mongolă care a cucerit India. 2. adj. Referitor la mogul (l), de mogul (1). 3. s.m. fig. Persoană foarte importantă cu puteri discreţionare. – Din engl … Dicționar Român
Mogul — bezeichnet: einen Großmogul, Herrscher im Mogulreich heutzutage eine einflussreiche Person, besonders einen einflussreichen Geschäftsmann, beispielsweise auch Tycoon, Magnat oder Medienmogul genannt die Mogultechnik, Technik in der… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mogul — Mo*gul , n. [From the Mongolian.] 1. A person of the Mongolian race. [1913 Webster] 2. Specifically: Any of the Mongolian peoples who conquered parts of India and established an empire lasting from 1526 to 1857. Also, any of their descendents.… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
mogul — mo‧gul [ˈməʊgl ǁ ˈmoʊ ] noun [countable] movie/media/oil etc mogul JOURNALISM someone who has great power and influence in a particular industry or activity: • one of Bombay s biggest movie moguls * * * mogul UK US /ˈməʊgəl/ noun [C] ► an… … Financial and business terms
mogul — mȏgul m DEFINICIJA 1. pov. član vladarske kuće u Indiji (1526 1817) 2. pren. moćnik u nekoj djelatnosti [financijski mogul] ETIMOLOGIJA perz. moghul: Mongol … Hrvatski jezični portal
Mogul — (also Moghul or Mughal) ► NOUN 1) a member of the Muslim dynasty of Mongol origin which ruled much of India in the 16th 19th centuries. 2) (mogul) informal an important or powerful person. ORIGIN Persian, Mongol … English terms dictionary
mogul — [mō′gəl] n. [< MOGUL: reason for use uncert.] Skiing a bump or ridge of closely packed snow, built up on a curve where skiers turn … English World dictionary
Mogul — Mogul, s. Großmogul … Pierer's Universal-Lexikon
Mogul — Mogul, soviel wie Großmogul (s. d.) … Meyers Großes Konversations-Lexikon
Mogul — Mōgul, s.v.w. Großmogul (s.d.) … Kleines Konversations-Lexikon