LG Optimus One
Optimus One with Google
LG Optimus One P500 front
Brand LG Manufacturer LG Electronics, Inc. Series Optimus Carriers Various worldwide Compatible networks GSM/GPRS/EDGE Quad-band (850/900/1800/1900)
UMTS/HSPA tri-band (900/1700/2100)
HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32-48 kbps
CDMA EVDO Rev. A (800/1900)
First released South Korea October 2010 Availability by country United States October 31, 2010(Sprint) Related LG GT540 Optimus Form factor Slate Dimensions 113.5 mm (4.47 in) H
59 mm (2.3 in) W
13.3 mm (0.52 in) D
Weight 129 g (4.6 oz) Operating system Android 2.2 Froyo
Upgradeable to Android 2.3 Gingerbread Released
CPU GSM 600 MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 ARM1136EJ-S
CDMA 600 MHz MSM7627 ARM1136EJ-S
GPU Qualcomm Adreno 200 Memory 512 MB SDRAM Storage 512 MB Flash EEPROM (140 or 170 MB user addressable) Removable storage 2 GB microSD (supports up to 32 GB) Battery LGIP-400N
1,500mAh, 5.6Wh, 3.7V
Internal Rechargeable Li-ion
Data inputs Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen (plastic)
Display TFT LCD, 3.2 in (81 mm) diagonal
320×480px HVGA @ 180ppi
2:3 aspect-ratio wide-screen
Rear camera VGA video recording (640×480 px, MPEG4 at 18fps max.)
Europe and Asia 3-megapixels
United States and Canada 3.15 megapixels (2048×1536 px max.)
Compatible media formats Audio AAC (unprotected), AAC+ (unprotected), AAC++ (unprotected), AMR, MIDI, MP3, WMA
Video DivX, Xvid, H.263, H.264, 3G2, 3GP, MP4, WMV
Ringtones & notifications All compatible audio formats
Connectivity 3.5 mm audio jack
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP
FM stereo receiver (87.5-108MHz) with RDS (certain variants)
Micro USB 2.0
Other Wi-Fi hotspot, USB tethering SAR P500
Head - 0.45 W/kg
Body - 0.37 W/kg
Head - 0.70 W/kg
Body - 0.57 W/kg
Hearing aid compatibility M4, T4 References 
The Optimus One with Google is a family of entry-level, touch-screen smartphones manufactured by LG Electronics, Inc. Initially released running the Android 2.2 Froyo software stack, LG plans to release software to upgrade the many variants to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Although the basic physical form factor of each variant is the same, the variants have differences in hard button shape and layout, the form of the metal side bezel and the user interfaces added by LG or various carriers. Versions of the Optimus One exist that operate on various frequency bands and either GSM or CDMA-based network protocols.
Since sales first began in mid-November 2010, LG has released seven variants, with at least one more on the way. The Optimus One line is the first LG smartphone line to sell more than 1 million units. As of December 10, 2010[update] more than 2 million units have been sold worldwide, with 1.3 million units sold in North America, 450,000 units sold in South Korea, 200,000 units sold in Europe and 50,000 units sold in Asia and the CIS.
The internal name of the Optimus One during product development was "Thunder".
Wireless communications service providers in North America have sold more than 1.3 million Optimus One smartphones as of December 10, 2010[update]. However, due to different technologies used by operators in the United States, many variants of the LG Optimus One exist, usually replacing the word "One" with a single letter representing the carrier. For example, the LG Optimus M is offered exclusively by MetroPCS, while the LG Optimus T is only available at T-Mobile USA.
LG Optimus One
The Optimus One P500 was the first version offered for sale, with sales beginning in South Korea in mid-November 2010. This GSM version of the phone is sold by wireless communications service providers in Asia, Europe and Canada. As of December 10, 2010[update] more than 700,000 of this model have been sold with 450,000 sold in South Korea, 200,000 sold in Europe and 50,000 sold in Asia and the CIS. LG expects the number of Optimus One units sold to increase dramatically as sales gain strength in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
In Canada, the LG Optimus One (P500h) is sold by Telus Mobility and its brand Koodo Mobile, with UMTS frequency at 850, 1900, and 2100 Mhz.
In Turkey, a matte black variant is sold as the LG Optimus One (P503).
LG Optimus C
Cricket Wireless launched the LG LW690 Optimus C on March 17, 2011. The Optimus C features Cricket's Muve Music service.(Does not feature in AWS markets)
LG Optimus M
MetroPCS launched the LG MS690 Optimus M in silver on November 24, 2010. Unlike other CDMA variants of the Optimus One which support the EV-DO Rev. A standard, the Optimus M supports only the slower EV-DO Rel. 0 standard. In addition to supporting 800 MHz cellular and 1900 MHz PCS radio frequency bands, the Optimus M also supports the 1700/2011 MHz AWS frequency bands.
In Canada, Rogers Wireless released the LG Phoenix on May 10, 2011. Rogers-owned Chatr carried this smartphone since August 2011. Mobile virtual network operators such as Royal Bank of Canada's Talk & Save may also offer the LG Phoenix.
LG Optimus S
Sprint released the LG LS670 Optimus S version in charcoal gray and purple on October 31, 2010 with an initial two-year contract price of US$149.99. The Optimus S features the Sprint ID UI and CDMA network connectivity.
Similar in physical form to the P500, U and V variants, this device has four distinct hard keys and a metal accent that covers the top of the device and one-third of each side. The 3.5mm TRS connector, the power button and the volume buttons are all incorporated into the metal band. Like the U and V variants, this device has two hard keys on the right side of the phone that are not on other variants. One button activates the voice dialer and another activates the camera. The "Menu" and "Home" buttons on the S are transposed as compared to all other variants of the Optimus One.
LG Optimus T
The LG Thrive (P506) will be available in silver for $179.99 to pre-paid GoPhone customers. 
LG Optimus U
US Cellular released the LG US670 Optimus U in blue on December 13, 2010 with an initial two-year contract price of US$129.99.
Similar in physical form to the P500, S and V variants, this device has four distinct hard keys and a metal accent that covers the top of the device and one-third of each side. The 3.5mm TRS connector, the power button and the volume buttons are all incorporated into the metal band. Like the S and V variants, this device has two hard keys on the right side of the phone that are not on other variants. One button activates the voice dialer and another activates the camera.
LG Optimus V
Virgin Mobile USA released the LG VM670 Optimus V in black on February 1, 2011 at a non-contract price of US$149.99. Virgin Mobile briefly raised the price in March 2011 to $199.99 before lowering back to the original US$149.99 in June 2011.
Of all the variants of the Optimus One released worldwide, the Optimus V is the closest to the "stock" version of Android 2.2, having no menu "skin" and a few applications added by Virgin Mobile.
Similar in physical form to the P500, S and U variants, this device has four distinct hard keys and a metallic accent that covers the top of the device and one-third of each side. The 3.5mm TRS connector, the power button and the volume buttons are all incorporated into the metallic band. Like the S and U variants, this device has two hard keys on the right side of the phone that are not on other variants. One button activates the voice dialer and another activates the camera.
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
On December 8, 2010 LG announced that it would need to study the Gingerbread Compatibility Definition Document and the public branch open source code before it could determine if the Optimus One series could be upgraded to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. However, on December 9, 2010, LG stated that it will update Optimus One devices to Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but a date for the upgrade was not specified. Responding to a question posted on LG India's Facebook page on March 16, 2011, an LG representative initially stated that the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be available in late May via the Android Market, but hours later added that the upgrade is not confirmed and the information is subject to change.
The following details the history of the Gingerbread update rollout:
- The first country to receive the update was Romania. 
- This was followed by Russia, Chile and the rest of the world soon after, according to LG's Facebook page. 
- On August 28, 2011, the update for LG Optimus One has started rolling out on various parts of the world.
- On September 14, 2011, the update for American provider Sprint's LG Optimus S was issued.
- On September 27, 2011, this update was halted because it caused multiple issues for users.
- On November 8, 2011, the update was released for the Canadian provider Telus Mobility and its brand Koodo Mobile to all customers with the LG Optimus One P500h.
- ^ a b c d LG 2010.
- ^ a b LG 2010a.
- ^ a b Sprint 2010.
- ^ GSMArena 2011.
- ^ LG 2011, p. 235.
- ^ FCC 2010.
- ^ Graham 2010.
- ^ LG 2010d.
- ^ Walmart 2011.
- ^ MetroPCS 2010.
- ^ LG 2010c.
- ^ T-Mobile USA 2011.
- ^ AT&T Intellectual Property 2011.
- ^ U.S. Cellular 2010.
- ^ Virgin Mobile USA 2011.
- ^ Virgin Mobile USA 2011a.
- ^ Virgin Mobile USA 2011b.
- ^ Verizon Wireless 2010.
- ^ LG 2010b.
- ^ AndroidOS.in 2011.
- ^ DiPane, Jared (26 June 2011). "LG Optimus One receives official Gingerbread update in Romania". http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-one-receives-official-gingerbread-update-romania. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- ^ Shukla, Gaurav (8 July 2011). "LG Optimus One Gingerbread roll out starts in Europe; Optimus2x, 3D to follow". http://androidos.in/2011/07/lg-optimus-one-gingerbread-roll-out-starts-in-europe-optimus-2x-3d-to-follow/. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- ^ http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_one_gingerbread_update_starts_rolling_out-news-3059.php
- ^ Hardy, Ian. "Update: TELUS and Koodo LG Optimus One upgrade to OS 2.3 now available". Mobile Syrup. http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/08/telus-lg-optimus-one-upgrade-to-os-2-3-now-available/. Retrieved 2011-11-18.
- Graham, Flora (2010-11-05). "LG Optimus One P500 review". reviews.cnet.co.uk. CBS Interactive Limited. Archived from the original on 2011-02-28. http://www.webcitation.org/5wqbO0gLK. Retrieved 2011-02-28. "Another feature missing on the Optimus One is Flash Player 10 support. Although it's supported by Android 2.2, the Optimus One's screen resolution is too low for Flash to work."
- Shukla, Gaurav (2011-03-16). "LG Optimus One to get Gingerbread update in May end". AndroidOS.in. AndroidOS.in. Archived from the original on 2011-03-22. http://www.webcitation.org/5xNmOUC3z. Retrieved 2011-03-22. "The upgrade of LG Optimus One to android 2.3 is expected by May end..."
- "AT&T and LG Launch First Smartphone for GoPhone" (Press release). AT&T Intellectual Property. 2011-04-12. Archived from the original on 2011-04-12. http://www.webcitation.org/5xtsg2fRE. Retrieved 2011-04-12. "LG Thrive™ and its post-paid version, LG Phoenix™ available on April 17 from LG Mobile Phones."
- "LG ‘옵티머스원’, 글로벌 200만대 돌파 [LG 'Optimus One', Global 2 million mark 2010/12/10]" (in Korean). lge.co.kr. LG Electronics, Inc. 2010-12-10. Archived from the original on 2011-02-28. http://www.webcitation.org/5wqo0uyFj. Retrieved 2011-02-28. "Sales of 1.3 million in North America, South Korea 450,000, 200,000 in Europe and CIS / Asia 50,000."
- "LG Mobile Optimus Facebook Posting". lg.com. LG Electronics, Inc. 2010-12-08. Archived from the original on 2011-02-28. http://www.webcitation.org/5wqeb7NbP. Retrieved 2011-02-28. "Once the CDD and the source code is public, LG will evaluate the upgradability of the Optimus Series."
- "LG Optimus M Datasheet". lg.com. LG Electronics, Inc.. 2010. http://www.lg.com/us/products/documents/eDatasheet_Optimus_M_LG.pdf. Retrieved 2011-04-24. "1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA, 1.7/2.1 GHz AWS,"
- "LG Optimus One P500 - Full phone specifications". gsmarena.com. GSMArena.com. 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-04-15. http://www.webcitation.org/5xxzL0KqJ. Retrieved 2011-04-15. "SAR US 0.45 W/kg (head) 0.37 W/kg (body)"
- "LG Optimus V User Guide P/NO: MFL67014001(1.0)". lg.com/us/. LG Electronics, Inc.. 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-04-15. http://www.webcitation.org/5xy0Dai76. Retrieved 2011-04-15. "The highest SAR value for this model phone when tested for use at the ear is 0.70 W/kg and when worn on the body, is 0.57 W/kg."
- "LG Optimus V Android Phone". virginmobileusa.com. Virgin Mobile USA, Inc. 2011-03. Archived from the original on 2011-04-10. http://www.webcitation.org/5xqqWx28Z. Retrieved 2011-04-10. "$199.99"
- "LG Optimus V Android Phone". virginmobileusa.com. Virgin Mobile USA, Inc. 2011-06-16. http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phones/lg-optimus-v-phone.jsp. Retrieved 2011-06-16. "$149.99"
- "MetroPCS Launches Its First No Contract Android Smartphone with the LG Optimus M™" (Press release). MetroPCS Wireless, Inc. 2010-11-22. Archived from the original on 2011-03-02. http://www.webcitation.org/5wtmjGYhW. Retrieved 2011-03-02. "Available in MetroPCS stores and online starting November 24, LG Optimus M; is a sleek Android device..."
- "Optimus One OS Upgrade". lg.com. LG Electronics, Inc. 2010-12-09. Archived from the original on 2011-02-28. http://www.webcitation.org/5wqejCrHz. Retrieved 2011-02-28. "LG will upgrade all Optimus One smartphones currently using the Froyo OS to the next version of the Android OS, Gingerbread."
- "P503 Optimus One Tüm Telefonlar". lg.com. LG Electronics, Inc. 2010. http://www.lg.com/tr/cep-telefonu/tum-lg-telefonlari/LG-P503-Optimus-One.jsp. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- "SAR Compliance Evaluation Report FCC ID: BEJVM670". fjallfoss.fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-04-15. http://www.webcitation.org/5xy1BovAI. Retrieved 2011-04-15. "Max. SAR Measurement: 0.70 W/kg PCS CDMA Head SAR, 0.57 W/kg PCS CDMA Body SAR"
- With Sprint ID and Android 2.2, LG Optimus S Boasts the Ultimate in Style and Personalization; Available for Less than $50 from Sprint Beginning Oct. 31. . newsroom.sprint.com (Sprint Nextel Corporation). 2010-10.06. Archived from the original on 2011-02-28. http://www.webcitation.org/5wqiWn8C0. Retrieved 2011-02-28. "SAN FRANCISCO (BUSINESS WIRE), October 06, 2010 - Sprint (NYSE: S) and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones) today announced the upcoming availability of LG Optimus S™..."
- T-Mobile and LG Mobile Phones Offer a Simple-to-Use, Affordable Android Device for First-Time Smartphone Customers – LG Optimus T with Google. . newsroom.t-mobile.com (T-Mobile USA, Inc). 2010-10-06. Archived from the original on 2011-02-28. http://www.webcitation.org/5wqjWL57j. Retrieved 2011-02-28. "Bellevue, Wash. — Oct. 6, 2010 PDT T-Mobile USA, Inc. and LG Mobile Phones today announced the latest easy-to-use and affordably priced smartphone to join T-Mobile’s extensive Android™ portfolio, LG Optimus T™."
- U.S. Cellular to Launch the LG Optimus U, Its Latest Android-Powered Device for 2010. . uscellular.com (U.S. Cellular). 2010-12-07. Archived from the original on 2011-02-28. http://www.webcitation.org/5wqgsETCh. Retrieved 2011-02-28. "CHICAGO (December 7, 2010) – U.S. Cellular is rounding out its 2010 lineup of Android-powered phones with the Dec. 13 launch of the LG Optimus U..."
- Verizon Wireless And LG Mobile Phones Create A Whirlwind Of Possibilities With The LG Vortex. . news.vzw.com (Verizon Wireless). 2010-11-15. Archived from the original on 2011-02-28. http://www.webcitation.org/5wqfnPXxi. Retrieved 2011-02-28. "11/15/2010 BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SAN DIEGO, CA — Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced the LG Vortex™ will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Nov. 18."
- "Walmart Family Mobile - LG Optimus One Prepaid Cell Phone". www.walmart.com. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.. 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-10-07. http://www.webcitation.org/62GFVmJJA. Retrieved 2011-10-07. "Preloaded with Voice Actions for Android, the LG Optimus One lets you make calls, send messages, play music and more with simple voice commands."
- LG Optimus V™ Joins Virgin Mobile USA Offering “Optimal” Experience for No-Contract Customers. . virginmobileusa.marketwire.com (Virgin Mobile USA, Inc). 2011-02-01. Archived from the original on 2011-02-28. http://www.webcitation.org/5wqbuxw1t. Retrieved 2011-02-28. "WARREN, N.J. – Feb. 1, 2010 – Virgin Mobile USA continues to enrich its handset lineup with the introduction of LG Optimus V, expanding its selection of Android handsets."
- LG OPTIMUS ONE with Google™ P500 product page - Singapore (English)
- LG OPTIMUS ONE with Google™ LGP500 product page - Canada (English)
LG phones by series SeriesBlack Label Series · Optimus USA GSM (CB/CE/CG/CU) Europe GSM (GD/GT/GW/KC/KE/KF/KG/KM/KP/KS/KU)KC910 (Renoir) · KE850 (Prada) · KE970 (Shine) · KE800 (Chocolate Platinum) · KF600 (Venus) · KF750 (Secret) · KG800 (Chocolate) · KM900 (Arena) · KS20 · KU990 (Viewty) · KP500 (Cookie) · GD510 (Pep) · GD900 (Crystal) · GW620 (Eve) · GT540 (Optimus) · P500 (Optimus One) · E720 (Optimus Chic) · E900 (Optimus 7) · P970 (Optimus Black) · P990 (Optimus 2X) · P920(Optimus 3D) Latin America (MG/ME/PM) UMTS/WCDMA (U) Verizon CDMA Models (VN/VS/VX)VN250 (Cosmos) · VN270 (Cosmos Touch) · VN530 (Octane) · VS660 (Vortex) · VS740 (Ally) · VS750 (Fathom) · VX8100 · VX8300 · VX8350 · VX8360 · VX8500 (Chocolate) · VX8550 (Chocolate Spin) · VX8560 (Chocolate 3) · VX8575 (Chocolate Touch) · VX8700 · VX8800 (Venus) · VX9100 (enV2) · VX9200 (enV3) · VX9400 · VX9600 (Versa) · VX9700 (Dare) · VX9800 (The V) · VX9900 (enV) · VX10000 (Voyager) · VX11000 (enV Touch) Android Development Google Nexus Aftermarket firmwares User interfaces
- HTC Sense
- Motorola Motoblur
- Samsung TouchWiz
- Android Market
- Google Search
- Android related topics
- Android version history
- Android devices
- Open source Android applications
- Google Android lawn statues
Android devicesSee also: Comparison of Android devices SmartphonesbeTouch E110 · Liquid A1 · Liquid E (Ferrari) · Liquid Stream S110Move · One Touch 980 · One Touch 990G'zOne CommandoCSLCSL SpiceGeeksPhoneOne · Zero · TwoHTCAria · Desire · Desire HD · Desire S · Desire Z · Dream · Espresso · Hero/DROID Eris · DROID Incredible · Evo 4G · Glacier · Incredible S · Legend · Magic · Nexus One · Sensation · T-Mobile G1 · T-Mobile G2 · T-Mobile G2 Touch · T-Mobile myTouch 3G · T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide · T-Mobile myTouch 4G · Tattoo · ChaCha · Salsa · Thunderbolt · Wildfire · Wildfire S · Evo 3D · Raider 4G · Amaze 4G · Explorer · RezoundT-Mobile Pulse · U8230 · IDEOS (U8150) · U8800 (Ideos X5)Sanyo Kyocera ZioGW620 Eve · GT540 Optimus · KH5200 Andro-1 · LU2300 Optimus Q · VS740 Ally · KU9500 Optimus Z · Optimus One · Optimus Chic · Optimus 2X · Optimus Black · Optimus 3DXperia X8 · Xperia X10 Mini / Mini Pro · Xperia X10 · Xperia PLAY · Xperia neo · Xperia pro · Xperia mini · Xperia mini pro · Xperia acro · Xperia ray · Xperia arc · Xperia arc SXiaomi TechXiaomi PhoneBlade · Skate · Racer · Tureis Tablet
computersA500 · A100Kindle FireArchos 5 (Archos Generation 6) · Archos 5 (Archos Generation 7) · Archos 7 · Archos 8 · Archos 43 · Archos 70 · Archos 101Eee Pad Transformer · Eee Pad Slider · Eee Pad MEMOStreak (Mini 5) · Streak 7 · Streak 10 ProHTCFlyer/EVO View 4GKoboKobo VoxLenovoSkylight TabletOptimus Pad (T-Mobile G-Slate)PocketBookIQ 701 · A 10"SamsungGalaxy Tab · Galaxy Tab 10.1 · Galaxy Tab 8.9Sony TabletsG Tablet · ViewPad 7 · ViewPad 10s
devicesEnvizionsEVO 2HardKernelOdroid-SGoGear ConnectSamsungGalaxy Player
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
LG Optimus One — Производитель LG Electronics Поддерживаемые сети … Википедия
LG Optimus One — Fabricant LG Electronics Année octobre 2010 Fonctions Écran Tactile capacitif, 320 x 480 pi … Wikipédia en Français
Optimus Primal — is a fictional character from the Transformers toyline, and the leader of the Maximal forces and the main protagonist in the Beast Wars television series. He is sometimes called Optimal Optimus. The name Optimus Primal was given to Optimus Prime… … Wikipedia
Optimus Telecomunicações — Optimus Telecomunicações, S.A. Type Private company Industry Mobile Telecommunications Founded September 15, 1998 He … Wikipedia
Optimus Prime — en la adaptacion cinematografica de Transformers Primera aparición The Transformers Última aparición … Wikipedia Español
Optimus Alive! — Optimus Alive!, or simply Alive!, is a music and arts festival which takes place in the Algés riverside, in Oeiras, Portugal. The first edition took place in 2007. Despite its recent creation, the festival has achieved considerable popularity… … Wikipedia
Optimus Minor — is the name of a fictional character in the various Transformers universes.Transformers character name = Optimus Minor caption = affiliation = Maximal subgroup = Transmetal II rank = 4.8 function = Ground Commando partner = motto = alternatemodes … Wikipedia
Optimus S.A. — Optimus (Optimus S.A.) is a Polish company specializing in assembly of PCs, fiscal systems, and providing complex IT solutions for companies.In the 1990s Optimus was one of the leaders of the Polish computer market. The biggest Polish web… … Wikipedia
Optimus (album) — Optimus Studio album by John Norum Released 2005 … Wikipedia
Optimus Design Systems — (ODS) was a small publisher of role playing games (RPGs), based in Buffalo, New York. The company produced two products, the Battlelords of the 23rd Century science fiction role playing game, and the Blood Dawn post apocalyptic RPG. ODS produced… … Wikipedia