Openet Type Private Industry Telecommunications Software Area served Worldwide Employees 490 Website Openet.com
Openet is a multinational company that provides service optimization software to communication and media service providers worldwide, enabling them to control, monetize and increase visibility into the usage of services and network resources. Openet offers two distinct, interrelated transformational architectures: Policy and Charging Control for intelligent network control and monetization; and Subscriber Data Management for business intelligence and personalized services enablement. Openet develops these architectures upon their proven real-time charging, policy control, subscriber profile, and convergent mediation platforms.
Openet is currently embroiled in an intellectual rights dispute with Amdocs. Amdocs are suing, claiming that Openet used Amdocs patents without permission.
The company was founded in 1999. An Irish-based company, it received its initial funding from Cross Atlantic Technology Fund (XATF), which invested $2.7 million in the Irish telecoms software company for a 13.0% stake. In addition, XATF took the option of an additional two-percent stake at a cost of $540,000 which valued Openet Telecom at $27 million. The company used this funding on research and further development of its Internet Protocol Mediation System. The funding also went toward setting up an international marketing and sales programme aimed initially at the European market.
On the back of this successful deal and with the funding received from Cross Atlantic Technology Fund Openet opened an office in Germany as part of its global expansion programme.Openet followed on quickly from this by opening their first American office in San Francisco.
The company capped its Ten Year Anniversary by winning the Irish Software Associations "Company of the Year" Award. On the 28th of September 2010 Openet announced the creation of Subscriber Optimization Software (SOS), a new category within the BSS/OSS market. The SOS category unified four interrelated markets that had previously been served separately, despite their interdependence on one another: Mediation, Subscriber Data Management (SDM), Policy Management and Real-Time Charging. 
Headquartered in Dublin the company employs over 500 people worldwide as of 2011.
- Openet Telecom and Calculus Solutions win billing mediation deal with ISP, Nextra: Openet delivered a billing mediation solution to Nextra, a Swiss based newly formed communications provider, which is part of telecoms company, Telenor. A feature of the deal is that Openet implemented a fully operational billing mediation system in less than four weeks.
- Openet Telecom Selected by BT to Expand its Portfolio of Billing and Mediation Products: FusionWorks™ has been selected for inclusion in BT's Information Systems Engineering (ISE) billing reference model.
- TMN selects Openet Telecom for pre-paid GPRS & UMTS data services:Openet Telecom announced that it is providing FusionWorks™ Mediation and FusionWorks™ Pre-paid to TMN the wireless operator subsidiary of Portugal Telecom as a foundation for its accelerated deployment of next-generation pre-paid and post-paid services.
- Openet Telecom To Fulfill Orange Group's Mediation, Content Charging And Pre-paid Needs:Openet sign's a three year framework contract under which Openet will fulfill Orange SA's data handling needs for both post and pre-paid multimedia services.
- Openet Telecom Selected by Makedonski Telekomunikacii for Convergent Mediation Deployment: Makedonski Telekomunikacii selects FusionWorks Mediation to support the convergent rollout of its voice and IP services to over 500,000 residential subscribers.
- Openet Telecom Deploying FusionWorks™ Mediation at Orange Suisse:Openet Telecom deployed FusionWorks Mediation platform at Orange Suisse to provide flexible, integrated mediation solution in first deployment under global contract.
- Edge Wireless Selects Openet Telecom to Deliver Convergent Solution with FusionWorks™ Mediation:Edge Wireless deploys FusionWorks Mediation, Openet's convergent mediation platform, to support the rollout of new 2.5G and 3G services to its subscriber base.
- VENTELO NORGE A.S. SELECTS FUSIONWORKS™ MEDIATION FROM OPENET TELECOM:FusionWorks Mediation solution is deployed at Ventelo Norge AS to provide voice mediation for its rapidly growing voice service subscriber base.
- Cricket Selects Openet Telecom's FusionWorks™ Mediation: Cricket will use FusionWorks Mediation to support critical business analysis of inter-carrier voice traffic over its wireless networks.
- BT Global Services and BT Wholesale Select Openet Telecom to Provide Circuit-Switched Voice and IP Mediation for their Global Operations: Openet Telecom announce a joint decision by BT Global Services and BT Wholesale to deploy FusionWorks Mediation for ten of its affiliate sites in Europe and North America.
- Cingular Wireless Selects Openet Telecom to Enable Value-Based Services over their Next Generation Wireless Network: Cingular Wireless selects Openet's FusionWorks Mediation to support delivery of their multimedia messaging services (MMS) and short messaging services (SMS).
- Telescape Selects Openet to Bring Business Agility in New Service Offerings: Openet Telecom signs a contract to supply its FusionWorks Mediation solution to Telscape, a competitive CLEC focusing on the US Hispanic market.
- Iusacell Selects Openet to Deliver Multi-Phase Charging and Rating Solution: Iusacell selects Openet to deliver charging and rating capabilities for all of the carrier’s pre- and post-paid data service offerings.
- Openet and Promon Announce Strategic Partnershio in South America: nnounced a partnership with Promon, the largest network integration company in Brazil by the International Data Group (IDG), for the distribution of Openet’s revenue generating solutions to wireless, wireline, and cable operators in Central and Latin America.
- Openet's Real Time Charging Part of the New SDP Alliance Platform: Openet announces today that its real-time charging solution, FusionWorks Charging, is a key component of The SDP Alliances’ pre-integrated, convergent service delivery platform (SDP).
- Omnitel Lithuania Deploys Openet to Increase Revenue for Both Pre Pay Data and Advanced Services: Openet announces that it has been chosen by Omnitel Lithuania to provide FusionWorks Convergent Charging and FusionWorks Network Edge Rating across the operator’s subscriber base.
- Openet enables mobilkom austria to meet EU data roaming regulations:Openet announces that Mobilkom Austria is using its technology to meet the requirements of the new EU-wide Data Roaming regulations.
- Openet, Cisco close OEM deal: Openet successfully concludes an OEM agreement with Cisco to distribute Openet’s FusionWorksTM Policy Manager product.
- Wataniya Deploys Openet:Wataniya selects Openet for its Fair Usage solution through the deployment of Openet’s FusionWorks™ Convergent Charging and Policy Manager products.
- Openet, Sandvine Partner:Openet announces a joint partnership with Sandvine to bring a network policy control and charging solution to broadband and wireless network providers across the globe.
- Turkcell Delivers 3G Data Services with Cisco and Openet: Cisco and Openet announce that Turkcell has deployed a combined solution to provide a flexible charging system for its general packet radio service (GPRS) mobile data network.
- Bell Mobility Picks Openet’s Online Charging System: Bell Mobility deploys Openet’s 3GPP compliant FusionWorks Online Charging (OCS) System as part of its HSPA network upgrade.
- Openet and VPIsystems Partner for Network and Subscriber Optimization: VPIsystems and Openet announce a strategic partnership to bundle Openet’s FusionWorksTM Policy Manager product with VPIsystems’ predictive analytics technology.
- Openet Provides RAN Congestion Solution to Solve Wireless Network Bottlenecks:Openet announces the launch of its Radio Access Network (RAN) Congestion solution. Supported by Openet's FusionWorks™ Policy Manager product, the RAN Congestion solution supplies policies where needed to leverage technology for network congestion forecasting, to enable operators to make real-time traffic management decisions to improve the subscriber experience.
- Orange France Selects Openet’s FusionWorks Policy Manager:Orange France selects FusionWorks™ Policy Manager to enable a wide range of solutions designed to deliver better network resource control and new business models based on real time customer profiles.
- Openet Launches Business Intelligence and Analytics Practice, Supported by Relationship with Netezza: Openet announces its new Business Intelligence and Analytics Practice, supported by a relationship with Netezza.
- Openet and IBM partner to promote telecom and media service provider solutions: This partnership will include a number of initiatives such as IBM’s service provider cloud solution initiative. Openet will be a important partner to IBM in this project and will be providing software components that will enable service providers to monetize and report against the delivery of cloud services to their customers as part of the IBM cloud-services solution architecture. 
- Openet is Upgraded to a Preferred Solution Developer in the Cisco Developer Network and Completes Cisco Interoperability Verification Testing: Openet has been upgraded to Preferred Solution Developer status within the mobile packet core technology category in the Cisco Developer Network.
- Openet and Juniper Networks Partner To Deliver Increased Control and Flexibility to Mobile Operators Through Policy and Charging Platform Solution: Juniper Network’s will offer Openet’s Policy Manager, a fully compliant 3GPP Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF), and Online Charging System (OCS) product suite, which includes Convergent Charging, Network Edge Rating, and Balance Manager.
- Continued Joint Deployments Drive Global Reseller Agreement with Cisco Systems: Cisco Systems has signed a global reseller agreement for Openet’s complete product suite including Policy Manager, Convergent Charging, Network Edge Rating, Balance Manager, Profile Manager and Convergent Mediation, all running on Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS). Under the terms of the agreement, Cisco will sell, deploy and support solutions built upon Openet’s software products globally – increasing Openet’s worldwide reach and placing Openet’s 3GPP compliant products within a suite of Policy and Charging Control (PCC) solutions.
Awards,Nominations and News
- Openet Leaders win Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Openet Product Honored in International Business Awards For Fifth Year Running 
- Openet Software Honored for Product Innovation and Industry Leadership 
- Openet Launches Dynamic Context Router to Simplify Network Traffic Management 
- Openet Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY® Magazine’s Thirteenth Annual Product of the Year Award. The Company’s Service Passes Solution was recognized for outstanding innovation.
- Openet Named as Finalist in 2010 American Business Awards. Openet was nominated for its Partner Service Controls solution which enables operators to establish revenue-generating partnerships with third-party providers of content, applications, services and devices
- Openet Named a Finalist for the NCTA CIO.IT Competition 2010. Openet was said to have been chosen due to its industry-leading expertise in subscriber data management and audience measurement systems, and how they represent the next-generational step in broadband BSS/OSS systems.
- Openet Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY® Magazine's Twelfth Annual Product of the Year Award. Openet receives the Product of the Year Award 2009 for its Content Anywhere solution.
- Openet Receives 2010 NGN Leadership Award from NGN Magazine: Openet announcesd that Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) has named their Partner Service Controls solution as a recipient of the 2010 NGN Leadership Award presented by its publication.
- Openet’s Fair Usage Solution Wins the 2009 International Stevie® Award.
- Openet’s Fair Usage Solution was named as a winner of the Infovision Awards 2009 in the Network and Services Management and Operations Category.
- Openet wins the Company of the Year at the Irish Software Awards.
- Openet’s Fair Usage Solution was announced as winner of the 4G Service Management Category in the CTIA Emerging Technology Awards.
- FusionWorks 5.0 Wins The Internet Telephony Product of the Year.
- FusionWorks Openet’s Tiered Service Controls was named as a 2009 NGN Leadership award winner.
- Openet’s Partner Service Controls Solution was named as a winner of the TMCnet Innovation Awards 2009.
- Openet’s Fair Usage Solution and Tiered Service Controls Solution were named as the winner of the Global Telecoms Business Innovation Awards 2009.
- TMC Awarded Openet’s Content Anywhere solution as a 2009 Cable.TMCNet.com Product of the Year.
- Openet wins technology innovation of the Year for Policy Manager from the Irish Software Association.
- Openet wins the Best Operator Software in the Mobile Village Awards.
- Policy Manager was short listed for both the Best Service or Product Innovation and Best OSS/BSS Product or Service categories.
- Openet won a 2008 TMC Labs Innovation Award for FusionWorks Policy Manager.
- FusionWorks 5.0 Won The Internet Telephony Product of the Year.
- Openet’s FusionWorks Policy Manager Product was named a Finalist of the Best New Product or Service - Telecommunications – category of the American Business Awards 2008.
- Openet was named a finalist in the European Business Awards 2008.
- Openet was named a Winner of Red Herring 100 North America 2008 Awards and a Finalist Red Herring 100 Europe 2008 Awards. These awards are given to the top 100 private technology companies in each region each year.
- FusionWorks 5.0 was named 2008 Communications Solutions Product of the Year.
- Openet's IMS Charging Solution was awarded finalist status for the Innovation in Billing and Information Management
- Openet won Innovation Exporter of the Year at the Irish Exporters Awards 2008.
- Openet ranked 14th in the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland over the last 5 years. Openet also placed in European 500.
- Openet wins the Frost & Sullivan Stratecast 2007 Global Billing Mediation Award.
- Openet wins the Best Operator Software Award in the Mobile Village Awards.
- Openet is shortlisted for Company of the Year and Sales Achievement of the Year ISA Award.
- Openet’s FusionWorks Policy Manager was named a winner of the Communication Solutions Product of the Year Award 2007.
Openet provides Service Optimization Software which unifies four interrelated markets: Mediation, Subscriber Data Management (SDM), Policy Management and Real-Time Charging.
- The Openet Platform is a processing and transaction management software platform that offers the performance, scale and flexibility service providers require to deploy and manage services. Designed to integrate across any network and support any service, Openet provides availability and processing speed while handling billions of real-time events and transactions every day. It is designed to enable service providers to decrease operating costs and increase profitability by consolidating infrastructure—all the while ensuring that reliable service is maintained. The Openet Platform forms the backbone of all other Openet solutions.
Openet Framework Convergent Mediation Convergent Charging Network Edge Rating Balance Manager Policy Manager(PCRF) Profile Manager Dynamic Context Router Subscriber Engagement Engine
Current Leadership Team
Name Title Niall Norton Chief Executive Officer Joe Hogan Chief Technology Officer and Vice President Openet Labs & IP Management Michael Manzo Chief Marketing Officer Apollo Guy General Manager, New Accounts and Alliances Philip Hogan General Manager, Existing Accounts Shane O’Flynn Global Vice President Engineering Juliana Su Chief Operating Officer Niall Byrne Global Vice President, Customer Production Systems Engineering and Support Eimer McGovern Chief Financial Officer
Company Name Cisco Enabil Solutions ETI Connect IBM HP MAA Promon Sandvine Sun Microsystems
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company
- ^ http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=196321
- ^ a b c "In Short". Irish Times. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2009/1114/1224258815133.html. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- ^ http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/1999/1217/99121700195.html
- ^ "Nextra To Use Openets Ip Mediation". Billing World. http://www.billingworld.com/news/briefs/nextra-to-use-openets-ip-mediation.html. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=234
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=235
- ^ http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Openet-Announces-Creation-of-Subscriber-Optimization-Software-Category-1326285.htm
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k http://www.openet.com/news-events/press-release-1999-2003.html Openet Press Releases, retrieved 2010-01-13
- ^ http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=28129 PrNewswire, retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=60764 PrNewswire, retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-75875322.html HighBeam Research, retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-27130159_ITM Access My Library, retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2003_Sept_16/ai_107795463/ bNet, retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://www.kalysis.com/content/print.php?sid=237 Kalysis, retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-99723166.html HighBeam, retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://www.telecomtv.com/groupdetail_postsDetail.aspx?n=45084&id=db7094a3-a613-443f-b138-67a70fe7fd26# TelecomTV, retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/37993/ventelo_sverige_ab_selects_openet_telecom_for_voice_and_ip/index.html redOrbit, retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ a b http://www.openet.com/news-events/press-release-2004-2005-2006.html Openet Press Releases, retrieved 2010-01-12
- ^ http://www.allbusiness.com/company-activities-management/financial-performance/5638164-1.html All Business, retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://www.allbusiness.com/company-activities-management/company-structures-ownership/5588294-1.html All Business, retrieved 2010-01-15
- ^ http://www.openet.com/news-events/press-releases/05-03-2004.html Openet Press Release, Retrieved 2010-01-15
- ^ http://www.allbusiness.com/media-telecommunications/5084290-1.html All Business, Retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://www.ossnewsreview.com/telecom-oss/iusacell-selects-openet-for-charging-and-rating-solution/ OSS News Review, Retrieved 2010-01-15
- ^ http://www.ossnewsreview.com/telecom-oss/openet-and-promon-announce-partnership-in-south-america/#more-854 OSS News Review, Retrieved 2010-01-14
- ^ http://www.ossnewsreview.com/telecom-oss/openet-real-time-charging-part-of-new-sdp-alliance-platform/ OSS News Review, retrieved 2010-01-15
- ^ http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns523/case_study_c36-543030.html Cisco Release, retrieved 2010-01-13
- ^ http://www.totaltele.com/view.aspx?ID=445179 Total Telecom, retrieved 2010-01-19
- ^ http://www.totaltele.com/view.aspx?ID=445421 Total Telecom, retrieved 2010-01-19
- ^ http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=178063 Light Reading, retrieved 2010-01-19
- ^ http://www.thetelecom.co.uk/20090916/openet-partners-with-sandvine/The Telecom, retrieved 2010-01-19
- ^ http://www.thetelecom.co.uk/20090916/openet-partners-with-sandvine/ The Telecom, retrieved 2010-01-19
- ^ http://www.billingworld.com/news/briefs/bell-mobility-openet-online-charging-system.html BIOSS, retrieved 2010-01-19
- ^ http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2010/0611/1224272270403.html
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=257
- ^ http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Openet-Provides-RAN-Congestion-Solution-to-Solve-Wireless-Network-Bottlenecks-1284657.htm
- ^ http://it.tmcnet.com/channels/managed-networks/articles/85709-orange-france-selects-openets-fusionworks-policy-manager.htm
- ^ http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/press/openet-launches-business-intelligence-and,1273501.html
- ^ http://www.billingworld.com/news/2010/10/ibm-openet-team-on-cloud-services.aspx
- ^ http://policy-management.tmcnet.com/topics/policy-management/articles/144718-openet-upgrades-preferred-solution-developer-cisco-developer-network.htm
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=391
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=434
- ^ http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0805/1224301864225.html
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=465
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=438
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=422
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=410
- ^ http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42319927
- ^ http://www.infonetics.com/pr/2011/2H10-Policy-Management-Market-Highlights.asp
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=368
- ^ http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/71230/
- ^ http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Openet-Named-a-Finalist-for-the-NCTA-CIOIT-Competition-2010-1258101.htm
- ^ http://www.openet.com/company/news-events/press-releases?id=149
- ^ http://www.stevieawards.com/pubs/awards/403_2617_19881.cfm Stevie Awards, retrieved 2010-01-26
- ^ http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/56808/ NewsWire, retrieved 2010-01-26
- ^ http://www.ctia.org/media/press/body.cfm/prid/1815 CTIA, retrieved 2010-01-25
- ^ http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2009/01/06/3891732.htm TmcNet, retrieved 2010-01-26
- ^ http://ipcommunications.tmcnet.com/topics/ip-communications/articles/58045-internet-telephonys-2009-tmc-labs-innovation-award-winners.htm TmcNet, retrieved 2010-01-24
- ^ http://www.globaltelecomsbusiness.com/Article.aspx?StoryID=720787 Global Telecoms, retrieved 2010-01-25
- ^ http://robotics.tmcnet.com/news/2010/01/11/4566988.htm TmcNet, retrieved 2010-01-26
- ^ http://www.telecomtv.com/groupdetail_postsDetail.aspx?n=44124&id=db7094a3-a613-443f-b138-67a70fe7fd26# TelcomTv, retrieved 2010-01-25
- ^ http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Customer+Interaction+Solutions+TMC+Labs+Innovation+Awards...-a0188906963 The Free Library, retrieved 2010-01-23
- ^ http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/openet-receives-11th-annual-product-year-award-internet-telephony%C2%AE-magazine Press Release Point, retrieved 2010-01-26
- ^ http://www.stevieawards.com/pubs/awards/403_2436_17729.cfm Stevie Awards, retrieved 2010-01-25
- ^ http://www.businessawardseurope.com/2008/09/2008-photos/ Business Awards Europe, 2010-01-22
- ^ http://www.redherring.com/Home/24253 Red Herring, retrieved 2010-01-26
- ^ http://www.tmcnet.com/news/2009/05/14/4181002.htm TmcNet, retrieved 2010-01-23
- ^ http://www.irishexporters.ie/printer_981.shtml Irish Exporters, retrieved 2010-01-26
- ^ http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Openet-Ranked-14th-in-Deloitte-Technology-Fast-50-784256.htm MarketWire, 2010-01-21
- ^ http://www.thesdpalliance.com/news/news-10.shtml The SDP Alliance, retrieved 2010-01-26
- ^ http://www.mobilevillage.com/awards2008.htm Mobile Village, retrieved 2010-01-22
- ^ http://www.openet.com/products-services/products/index.html Openet Product Base, retrieved 2010-01-13
- ^ http://www.openet.com/about-us/leadership-team.html Openet Leadership Overview, retrieved 2010-01-13
- ^ http://www.openet.com/partners/openet-partners.html Openet Partner List, retrieved 2010-01-11
- Turkcell Bills with Cisco and Openet
- Openet Partners with Sandvine
- Openet Expands Presence
- Openet Online Charging with Bell
- Openet in Kuwait
- Wataniya selects Openet
- Openet Continues Momentum with Content Anywhere Solution
- Openet wins 2008 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award
- Official Website
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Федеральный портал «Российское образование» — (www.edu.ru) центральный элемент системы федеральных образовательных порталов «Российское образование», разработанных и введённых в эксплуатацию в рамках Федеральной целевой программы «Развитие единой образовательной информационной среды (2001… … Википедия
Convergent charging — and billing (also known as convergent charging, converged charging and convergent billing), is a solution in the telecommunications industry that enables common management of all users and all services for operators. It includes… … Wikipedia
List of companies of Ireland — This is a list of Irish companies or subsidiaries according to their sector. It includes companies from the entire island. The state Ireland covers five sixths of the island, with Northern Ireland, part of the United Kingdom, covering the… … Wikipedia
Донской политехнический институт — Южно Российский государственный технический университет (ЮРГТУ (НПИ)) Год основания 1907 Ректор … Википедия
Миронов С. — Сергей Михайлович Миронов Сергей Миронов … Википедия
Миронов Сергей Михайлович — Сергей Михайлович Миронов Сергей Миронов … Википедия
Миронов С. М. — Сергей Михайлович Миронов Сергей Миронов … Википедия
Новочеркасский индустриальный институт — Южно Российский государственный технический университет (ЮРГТУ (НПИ)) Год основания 1907 Ректор … Википедия
Новочеркасский политехнический институт — Южно Российский государственный технический университет (ЮРГТУ (НПИ)) Год основания 1907 Ректор … Википедия
Сергей Миронов — Сергей Михайлович Миронов Сергей Миронов … Википедия