Nurettin Yardımcı (March 5, 1944 Şanlıurfa) is a Turkish archaeologist and high-ranked bureaucrat who has served in the Ministry of Culture of Turkey and under the Prime Minister of Turkey. He has been leading the Harran excavation in Şanlıurfa, Turkey since 1983.
He served as the Director of Bodrum Museum of Underwater Archaeology between 1973 and 1975, and as the Director of Antiquities and Museums in the Ministry of Culture of Turkey between 1979 and 1988, continuing for another period between 1989 and 1991. He was later appointed as a chief adviser to the Prime Minister of Turkey in 1997, and as the Director-General of Foundations of Turkey in 1999.
While in charge of the Directorate of Antiquities and Museums, he has supervised numerous exhibitions abroad including Land of Civilizations: Turkey and Suleyman the Magnificent.
- 1988: Order of Leopold II
- 1988: President of Italy Award
- 2008: Order of the Star of Italian Solidarity
- Yardimci, Nurettin (2004) Harran Ovası Yüzey Araştırması I-II / Archaeological Survey in the Harran Plain I-II, Istanbul: Arkeoloji ve Sanat Yayınları (in Turkish and English)
- Yardimci, Nurettin (2006) Harran: Mezopotamya'ya Açılan Kapı, Istanbul: Ege Yayınları (in Turkish)
- Yardimci, Nurettin (1973) Bodrum (Halikarnassos) ve Müze Rehberi, Istanbul: TTOK Yayınları
- Yardimci, Nurettin (2004) Harran Ovası Yüzey Araştırması I-II / Archaeological Survey in the Harran Plain I-II, Istanbul: Arkeoloji ve Sanat Yayınları, inner cover.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nur al-Din — (Arabic: نور الدين) is a male Muslim given name, and in modern use, surname, composed of the elements Nur, meaning light and ad Din, meaning of the faith. The first element may be spelled Nur, Noor, Nor or (in French speaking areas) Nour.… … Wikipedia
Harran — Harran, also known as Carrhae, is a district of Şanlıurfa Province in the southeast of Turkey.A very ancient city which was a major Mesopotamian commercial, cultural, and religious center, Harran is a valuable archaeological site. It is often… … Wikipedia
Harrán — Para el personaje bíblico, véase Harán. Harrán, Jarán, Haran  o Carrhae (latín: Carrhae, Carras) es un yacimiento arqueológico … Wikipedia Español
İstanbul Lisesi — Infobox Public School name = İstanbul Lisesi established = 1884 type = Public, Boarding religion = none head name = Principal head = Mr. Adnan ERSAN enrollment = 144 city = İstanbul country = Turkey colors = Yellow and Black mascot = none… … Wikipedia
İstanbul Lisesi — Entrada de la escuela. Istanbul Erkek Lisesi İstanbu … Wikipedia Español
National Intelligence Organization (Turkey) — Millî İstihbarat Teşkilatı Milli İstihbarat Teşkilatı Agency overview Formed 1965 Preceding agency Millî İstihbarat Teşkilatı (MİT) Jurisdiction Government of Turkey Employees 5000 (full time) … Wikipedia