Avaya Application Server 5300
Avaya Aura AS5300
The Avaya Aura Application Server 5300 or Avaya Aura AS5300 in telecommunication and computer networking is a secure Unified Communications (UC) system designed and manufactured by Avaya. The system provides integrated IP telephony, conferencing, voice mail and instant messaging - all centered around dynamic presence - that meets, US Department of Defense (DoD) and US federal government security and service assurance requirements. The AS5300 is used for creating, modifying, and terminating two-party (unicast) or multiparty (multicast) media streams, supporting up to 25,000 subscribers per system.
The Avaya Aura AS5300 is a SIP-based session manager designed to increase productivity and collaboration by allowing users to collaborate using the appropriate tool (instant messaging, chat, voice, video, file transfer, web collaboration, etc.) all in an integrated solution. The AS5300 supports the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Assured Services Session Initiation Protocol (AS-SIP), Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP), Session Description protocol (SDP) Security Descriptions for Media Streams (SDESC), Transport Layer Security (TLS), Nortel encrypted UNIStim, Multilevel precedence and preemption (MLPP) and ANSI PRI Multilevel precedence and preemption (MLPP) T1.619a.
The AS5300 encrypts both the voice conversation and the signaling setup to create a secure voice over IP (VoIP) environment.
- Release 1.0 of AS5300 became commercially available in September 2008.
- Release 2.0 of the AS5300 became commercially available in August 2010.
IP Phones & Video Phones Compatibility
The Avaya Aura AS5300 supports both hard and soft Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) clients.
AS 5300 Security Capabilities
- AS5300 SIP session signaling is secured with TLS.
- Mutual authentication of SIP endpoint and session server is ensured with TLS Handshake protocol.
- Confidentiality and integrity of SIP message payloads are accomplished via the TLS Record protocol
- Media payload is secured with SRTP (RFC 3711)using the following ciphers:
- Security descriptions for media streams (RFC 4568)
- AS5300 is PKI compatible and supports X.509 certificates
- Certificate management system including importing, key generation, verification (RFC 3280) and certificate revocation
- Security administrator role
- HTTP interfaces secured with TLS
- System administration interfaces for Network Element and Subscriber and Provisioning are GR-815 compliant, including password complexity, mandatory change default password, password aging and failed authentication lockout
- Anti-virus support
- Access control list
- File system integrity tool
Unique Government & Military Features
- Encrypted SIP
- Secure SIP Collaboration
- Secure SIP Conferencing
- Secure encrypted IM
- Media and Signaling Encryption
- Multi-Level Precedence and Pre-emption (MLPP) or Executive barge-in
- The AS5300 is Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) certified.
To comply with the NSA Suite B requirements and to integrate pre-approved FIPS 140-2 validated modules into the AS5300 uses Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), and Security Builder GSE technology from Certicom now acquired by RIM enabling security and encryption requirements that meet the DoD and other government requirements for classified communications and unclassified but sensitive communications.    The Application Server 5300 (AS5300) is both Multi-Function Soft Switch (MFSS) and Local Session Controller (LSC) capability within the Department of Defense Unified Capabilities Architecture.
- ^ "Application Server 5300 (AS5300) Technical Specifications". Nortel (Avaya). http://products.nortel.com/go/product_assoc.jsp?segId=0&parId=0&catId=null&rend_id=34368&contOid=100240073&prod_id=66621&locale=en-US. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- ^ "IEEE draft-kaplan-mmusic-best-effort-srtp-01". http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaplan-mmusic-best-effort-srtp-01. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- ^ Nortel Government Solutions Next Generation UC Solution First To Achieve JITC-Certification
- ^ JITC Certification
- ^ JITC Certification PDF
- ^ AS5300 Classified Voice Certification
- ^ AS5300 Classified Video Certification
- ^ "TSG-Certified Secure IP Phones". Avaya. http://www.avayagov.com/tsgphone/. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- ^ "Type-Acceptance program for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Telephones". Committee on National Security Systems. December 2007. http://www.cnss.gov/Assets/pdf/CNSSI-5001.PDF. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- ^ "Nortel TSG-6 Certified Secure IP Phone 1120SA". Nortel. http://www.nortelgov.com/1120SA/_documents/137-DSNPS1009B_1120SA_VoIP_Tele_Sheet_R3_GSA.pdf. Retrieved 1 Jan 2011.
- ^ "1120SA Overview". Nortel. http://www.nortelgov.com/1120SA/. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- ^ "Official News". Nortel. http://www2.nortel.com/go/news_detail.jsp?cat_id=-8055&oid=100186313&locale=en-US. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- ^ Department of Defense (DoD) Unified Capabilities Approved Products List for the AS5300
- ^ "Nortel Licenses Certicom Security Technology to Help Secure Unified Communications for U.S. Federal Government Agencies". http://www.certicom.com/index.php/2008-press-releases/34-2008-press-release/693-nortel-licenses-certicom-security-technology. Retrieved 28 March 2009.
- ^ "Nortel Delivers UC For Government". http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/connectivity/tag/government/. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- ^ "Nortel Licenses Certicom Security Technology to Help Secure Unified Communications for U.S. Federal Government Agencies". http://www.cnwtelbec.com/en/releases/archive/September2008/29/c9005.html.
- Avaya Application Server 5300 -Retrieved 27 July 2011
- Nortel Delivers UC For Government -Broken
- AS5300 Brief -Retrieved 27 July 2011
- AS5300 Technical Documentation Avaya Support -Retrieved 27 July 2011
- Unified Communications Featured Article -Retrieved 27 July 2011
- Nortel Using Certicom Security Technology VoIP News -Retrieved 27 July 2011
- Certicom Helps Nortel Secure Unified Communications for U.S. Federal Government Agencies TMC Net -Retrieved 27 July 2011
- Nortel Government Solutions, Inc. Business Week -Retrieved 27 July 2011
Unified Communications Aura
ApplicationsAgile Communication Environment • Communications Manager
IP Phones1100 Series IP Deskphones (1140E, 1120E, 1120SA) • Avaya 9600 Series IP Deskphones Management Tools Protocols Retired Products
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Avaya Communication Server 2100 — The Avaya Communication Server 2100 or CS 2100 (former name Succession softswitch)  in computer networking, telecomunications and IP telephony is a carrier grade, IP soft switch or VoIP server solution for large campus and geographically… … Wikipedia
Avaya Government Solutions — Avaya Government Solutions, Inc. Type Corporation Industry Telecommunications, Networking, IT Services Founded 1985 [1 … Wikipedia
Avaya — Inc. Type Private Industry Telecommunications Founded 2000 Headquarters … Wikipedia
Avaya IP Phone 1140E — in telecommunications is a desktop IP client manufactured by Avaya for unified communications. The phone can operate on the SIP or UNIStim protocols. The SIP firmware supports presence selection and notification along with s … Wikipedia
Avaya — Inc. Тип … Википедия
Comparison of VoIP software — VoIP software is used to conduct telephone like voice conversations across Internet Protocol (IP) based networks. VoIP stands for Voice over IP . For residential markets, VoIP phone service is often cheaper than traditional public switched… … Wikipedia
Nortel — Networks Corporation Type Public OTC Markets Group: NRTLQ Industry Telecommunications … Wikipedia
Meridian Norstar — The Meridian Norstar, later called Nortel Norstar was a small office digital PBX introduced by Northern Telecom (now Nortel). It is based on the same internal design and instruction set as Nortel s earlier SL 1 and DMS systems[dubious – discuss] … Wikipedia
Nortel Meridian — SL1 redirects here. For the nuclear reactor, see SL 1. Nortel Meridian 1 PBX A Meridian 1 at Parkway North High School Nortel Meridian is a private branch exchange … Wikipedia
Nortel Certifications — in Network computing is an Information Technology (IT) professional certification on Nortel products and IEEE standard technologies. The Nortel Certification tests are administered by a Prometric test center. Nortel Training is done by Nortel… … Wikipedia