- No More Lies (audio drama)
Big Finish Productions audio play No More Lies Series Doctor Who Release number BBC7 5 Featuring Eighth Doctor
Writer Paul Sutton Director Barnaby Edwards Executive producer(s) Nicholas Briggs Set between Phobos and Human Resources Length 1 50-minute episode Release date 4 February 2007
No More Lies is an audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. This audio drama was produced by Big Finish Productions and was broadcast on BBC 7 on 4 February 2007.
As with all Doctor Who spin-off media, its relationship to the televised serials is open to interpretation.
The Doctor and Lucie follow the criminal time traveller Nick Zimmerman to a decaying spaceship in the Time Vortex, where he is planning to sell time travel technology to the highest bidder. After escaping the Tar-Modowk, aliens who have been attracted to the ship, they chase Dr. Zimmerman to a garden party, where Dr. Zimmerman appears to have aged 30 years. The Doctor guesses that the party is in a time loop, and confronts Zimmerman, only to learn that Zimmerman has settled down, married a woman called Rachel and rejected a life of crime. The Doctor informs Zimmerman that he must close the loop before the Tar-Modowk enter the real universe, but Zimmerman refuses as his time loop is the only thing keeping Rachel alive. The Tar-Modowk, riding Vortisaurs, break through into the universe and begin killing guests, so Zimmerman agrees to close the loop. Rachel dies, but before The Doctor leaves, The Headhunter appears and kidnaps Lucie.
- The Doctor — Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller — Sheridan Smith
- Headhunter — Katarina Olsson
- Nick Zimmerman — Nigel Havers
- Rachel Zimmerman — Julia McKenzie
- Gordon — Tom Chadbon
- Tar-Modowk Leader — Tim Hudson
- A Vortisaur first appeared in the Eighth Doctor's first Big Finish play Storm Warning. It was named Ramsay and kept in the TARDIS as a sort of pet, up until Minuet in Hell. It was named after Prime Minister James Ramsay MacDonald. The Vortisaur in this story is apparently named after Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
- Nigel Havers later appeared in the Sarah Jane Adventures story, The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith. That story also involved a love story forming part of a space/time trap.
- The play includes an original song, Bucimeana, with music by Tim Sutton and lyrics by Paul Sutton from a traditional Hungarian poem. The song is sung by actress Julia McKenzie, who plays Rachel Zimmerman.
- "Digital Doctor". Doctor Who Magazine (374): 6. 2006-10-11 cover date.
- "Doctor Eight for BBC7". BBC Doctor Who website. bbc.co.uk. 2006-09-14. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2006/09/14/36379.shtml. Retrieved 2006-09-18.
Eighth Doctor audio dramas Mary ShelleyThe Company of Friends: Mary's Story • The Silver Turk • The Witch from the Well • Army of Death Charley Pollard Charley Pollard & C'rizz Lucie MillerBlood of the Daleks • Horror of Glam Rock • Immortal Beloved • Phobos • No More Lies • Human Resources • Dead London • Max Warp • Brave New Town • The Skull of Sobek • Grand Theft Cosmos • The Zygon Who Fell to Earth • Sisters of the Flame / Vengeance of Morbius • Orbis • Hothouse • The Beast of Orlok • Wirrn Dawn • The Scapegoat • The Cannibalists • The Eight Truths / Worldwide Web • Death in Blackpool • Relative Dimensions • Lucie Miller • To the Death Tamsin Drew OtherShada • The Company of Friends • An Earthly Child • Prisoner of the Sun • The Four Doctors • Kleins Story
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
No More Lies (Doctor Who audio) — Bigfinishbox title=No More Lies series=Doctor Who number=BBC7 5 featuring=Eighth Doctor Lucie Miller writer=Paul Sutton director=Barnaby Edwards producer= executive producer=Nicholas Briggs production code= set between= Phobos and Human Resources … Wikipedia
Orbis (audio drama) — Big Finish Productions audio play Orbis Series Doctor Who Release number New EDAs 3.1 … Wikipedia
Neverland (audio drama) — Big Finish Productions audio play Neverland Series Doctor Who … Wikipedia
No More Lies — may refer to: No More Lies (EP), an EP by Iron Maiden No More Lies (Doctor Who audio), a 2007 Doctor Who audio drama No More Lies (Michel le song), a 1989 song by Michel le This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.… … Wikipedia
Deimos (audio drama) — Big Finish Productions audio play Deimos Series Doctor Who Release number New EDAs 4.5 … Wikipedia
Memory Lane (audio drama) — Big Finish Productions audio play Memory Lane Series Doctor Who … Wikipedia
Nevermore (audio drama) — Big Finish Productions audio play Nevermore Series Doctor Who Release number New EDAs 4.3 … Wikipedia
Doctor Who audio productions — A number of officially licensed audio productions based upon the long running British science fiction television series Doctor Who have been produced over the years. The canonicity of the various audio adventures has not been confirmed. While it… … Wikipedia
List of Doctor Who audio plays by Big Finish — This is a list of audio plays based on the long running British science fiction television series Doctor Who produced by Big Finish Productions. The first fifteen audio plays were released in both audio tape and CD format, and subsequent… … Wikipedia
Human Resources (Doctor Who audio) — Bigfinishbox title=Human Resources series=Doctor Who number=BBC7 6 featuring=Eighth Doctor Lucie Miller writer=Eddie Robson director=Nicholas Briggs producer= executive producer=Nicholas Briggs production code= set between= No More Lies and Dead… … Wikipedia