Netball in Botswana
Netball in Botswana Governing body Botswana Netball Association National team Botswana Competitions National Spar – “Good for You” Netball League
The Botswana Netball Association is the national organization responsible for netball in Botswana. It was founded in the 1970s. It is a member of IFNA and COSANA (Confederation of Southern African Netball Associations).
During the 1970s, netball was offered as a school sport to students attending private international schools.
Men have traditionally served as officials, coaches and administrators for the sport. They also had their own teams. This started to change in the 2000s, with men-only teams having been discontinued in favor of mixed gendered teams.
Botswana has 30 local graded umpires and 22 locally trained coaches who have been certified by Netball South Africa.
Spar – “Good for You” Netball League is the most important national netball competition in Botswana. Naming rights for the league were given to Spar in 2010. The league is divided into two divisions, north and south. Games for the 2010 season began on May 22. The league championships were held on 27 November 2010 at the BONA Courts in Gaborone.
Botswana competed in the annual COSANA tournament in 2008.
- BNSC (11 May 2010). "Spar Netball League". BNSC. http://www.bnsc.co.bw/bnsc-sports.php?sports_name=10. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- BNSC (11 May 2011). "Botswana Netball Association". BNSC. http://www.bnsc.co.bw/bnsc-sports.php?sports_name=10. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- DaCosta, Lamartine P.; Miragaya, Ana (2002). Worldwide experiences and trends in sport for all. Meyer & Meyer Sport. ISBN 1841260851. OCLC 248362122.
- International Federation of Netball Associations (21 January 2011). "Current World Rankings". http://www.netball.org/IFNA.aspx?id=94. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- International Schools Services (1981). The ISS directory of overseas schools. International Schools Services. OCLC 183198083.
- Netball Singapore (2011b). "Milestones". http://www.netball.org.sg/pages/4-milestones. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- Nyasa Times Reporter (10 April 2008). "Malawi U-21 netball in Lesotho for Cosana". Nyasa Times. http://www.nyasatimes.com/sports/malawi-u-21-netball-in-lesotho-for-cosana.html. Retrieved 5 March 2011.
International netball Oceania AfricaConfederation of African Netball Associations EuropeFederation of European Netball Associations Asia AmericasAmericas Federation of Netball Associations OtherAssociate members National netball teams of Africa Netball in Africa Sovereign
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Republic of the Congo
- Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Equatorial Guinea
- The Gambia
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
States with limited
- Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic
- Canary Islands / Ceuta / Melilla / Plazas de soberanía (Spain)
- Madeira (Portugal)
- Mayotte / Réunion (France)
- Saint Helena / Ascension Island / Tristan da Cunha (United Kingdom)
- Western Sahara
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Netball in South Africa — Schoolyard netball game at Reygersdal Primary School, South Africa. Governing body Netball South Africa National team South Africa Competitions … Wikipedia
Netball in Africa — Schoolyard netball game at Reygersdal Primary School, South Africa. Netball is a popular women s sport in parts of Africa. … Wikipedia
Netball around the world — Schoolyard netball game at Reygersdal Primary School, South Africa. Netball is a popular participant sport in some parts of the world, particularly in countries of the Commonwealth of Nations. … Wikipedia
Netball — Malawi (red) playing Fiji (blue) at the 2006 Commonwealth Games Highest governing body International Federation of Netball Associations Registered players 561,000+ … Wikipedia
Netball in Lesotho — National team Lesotho Lesotho has a national netball league, and has participated in as well as hosted several netball tournaments. Contents 1 Tournaments 2 … Wikipedia
Netball in Namibia — National team Namibia Netball in Namibia is a popular sport, played at the national level. Contents 1 International Competition 2 References … Wikipedia
Netball in Tanzania — Governing body Netball Association of Tanzania (CHANETA) National team Tanzania Nickname(s) Taifa Queens Netball was one of the most popular sports in Tanzania. The sport was introduced to the country after the World War I, when the country was… … Wikipedia
Botswana national netball team — Netball team teamname = PAGENAME imagesize = 125px union = Botswana Netball Association fullname = PAGENAME nickname = founded = region = ground = capacity = chairman = ceo = captain = coach = Joe Makakaba top scorer = caps = url = league =… … Wikipedia
Netball at the 2011 All-Africa Games — in Maputo, Mozambique was held between September 6–15, 2011. Medal summary Event Gold Silver Bronze Women … Wikipedia
2007 Netball World Championships — Netball World Championship datefrom = 2007 11 10 dateto = 2007 11 17 host = New Zealand champion = Australia runnerup = New Zealand nations = 16 top scorer = The 2007 Netball World Championships was the twelfth Netball World Championship, a… … Wikipedia