Postage stamps and postal history of Nepal
This is a survey of the postage stamps and postal history of Nepal.
The first Nepalese were issued in April 1881 as a set of three which were valued at one anna, two annas and four annas. These were initially perforated and printed on European made paper. Within a few months they were released imperforate. In 1886 they were reprinted on hand made Nepalese paper. Numerous printings of these first three values on the local paper were made for postal use until 1907 when new European manufactured stamps picturing the god, Pashupati were issued. The remainders of first three values were brought out of storage and reissued for telegraph use in 1917. Several more telegraph era printings followed. The last of these printings was in 1929.
References and sources
- ^ Hellrigl, Wolfgang C.; Vignola, Frank (May 1984). The Classic Stamps of Nepal. Bozen, Italy: Nepal Tibet Philatelic Study Circle. pp. 27, 32, 40, 45-50.
- ^ "Universal Postal Union – Nepal". Universal Postal Union. 2011 [last update]. http://www.upu.int/en/the-upu/member-countries/southern-asia-and-oceania/nepal.html. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- Shrestha, Dr. Ramesh. Nepalese Postal History from the earliest times until 1959. Kathmandu, Nepal: Kazi Madhusudan Rajbhandary, 2009.
- Shestra, Ramesh (2009). Nepalese Postal History: from the earliest time until 1959. Nepal.
- Hellrigl, Wolfgang; Hepper, Colin (1978). The Native Postmarks of Nepal. Peterborough, UK: Nepal and Tibet Philatelic Study Circle.
- Dawson, L.E.; Smythies, E.A.; Haverbexck, H.D.S. (1952). The Postage Stamps of Nepal. New York: The Collectors Club.
- Hepper, Colin (2011). The Sri Pashupati Issues of Nepal. Peterborough, UK: Nepal and Tibet Philatelic Study Circle.
Postage stamps and postal history of AsiaAbu Dhabi · Aden · Afghanistan · Alaouites · Alexandretta · Annam-Tongking · Armenia · Azerbaijan · Bahawalpur · Bahrain · Bangladesh · Bangkok · Bhutan · Brunei · Burma · Cambodia · Ceylon · China · China P.R.C. · East Timor · Far Eastern Republic · Hatay · Hong Kong · India · Indian States · Indochina · Indonesia · Iran · Iraq · Israel · Japan · Japanese P.O. in Korea · Jordan · Kazakhstan · Korea · Kuwait · Kyrgyzstan · Laos · Lebanon · Macau · Malaysia · Maldives · Mongolia · Muscat and Oman · Nepal · Netherlands East Indies · North Korea · Pakistan · Palestine · Palestinian National Authority · Philippines · Portuguese India · Qatar · Russia · Ryukyu Islands · Saudi Arabia · Shanghai and China Treaty Ports · Sharjah · Singapore · South Korea · Sri Lanka · Straits Settlements · Syria · Taiwan · Tajikistan · Thailand · Tibet · Turkey · Turkmenistan · Tannu Tuva · U.A.E. · Uzbekistan · Vietnam · Western New Guinea · YemenSee also: Africa · Americas · Europe · Oceania · Portal · WikiProject
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Postage stamps and postal history of China — The history of the postage stamps and postal history of China is complicated by the gradual decay of Imperial China and the years of civil war and Japanese occupation in the 1930s and 1940s. Contents 1 Imperial China 2 Revolution and republic 2.1 … Wikipedia
Postage stamps and postal history of Malaysia — A 1905 stamp of Malaya. This is a survey of the postage stamps and postal history of Malaysia. Contents 1 History … Wikipedia
List of entities that have issued postage stamps (M - Z) — ;See also : List of entities that have issued postage stamps (A E): List of entities that have issued postage stamps (F L)IntroductionThis is a list of entities that have issued postage stamps at some point since stamps were introduced in 1840.… … Wikipedia
History of Afghanistan — Timeline … Wikipedia
History of Saint Helena — St Helena has a history of over 500 years since it was first discovered as an uninhabited island by the Portuguese in 1502. Claiming to be Britain’s second oldest colony, this is one of the most isolated islands in the world and was for several… … Wikipedia
Compendium of postage stamp issuers (Na — Each article in this category is a collection of entries about several stamp issuers, presented in alphabetical order. The entries are formulated on the micro model and so provide summary information about all known issuers. See the… … Wikipedia
Military history of Gibraltar during World War II — v · … Wikipedia
Telecommunications in Saint Pierre and Miquelon — include telephone, radio, television, and internet usage. Contents 1 Telephony 2 Radio 3 Television 4 Internet … Wikipedia
Список почтовых администраций мира — … Википедия
Гельригль, Вольфганг — Вольфганг Гельригль нем. Wolfgang Hellrigl … Википедия