Neera Yadav, originally from Vaira Phirozpur village, Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh, India, is an officer of the Indian Administrative Service. She was part of the 1971 batch of service graduates. She is married to Mahendra Singh Yadav, an officer of the Indian Police Service who later resigned from the service to pursue his political career.
She has been posted at different positions in the bureaucracy in Uttar Pradesh. She shot into fame as District magistrate of Jaunpur district during flood crisis for her daring rescue operations. But later she was selected among the top three most corrupt IAS officers of Uttar Pradesh in a voting done by her own colleagues. She was appointed the Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh, later resigning the position after a decision by the Supreme Court of India, thus becoming the second IAS officer in succession after Akhand Pratap Singh to have done so.
In December 2010 Yadav was sentenced to 4 years rigorous imprisonment after being convicted of misusing her official position to fraudulently allot land in NOIDA to Flex Industries, owned by industrialist Ashok Chaturvedi. She thus became the first IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh to have been convicted of corruption charge.
- ^ "Neera Yadav: Once the Noida authority". Indian Express Group. December 8, 2010. http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Neera-Yadav-Once-the-Noida-authority/721781/. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ ""Most corrupt IAS officer" sentenced, breaks down". The Indian Express - via - MSN Mobile. http://news.mobile.in.msn.com/en-in/national/articles.aspx?aid=4672469&afid=-1. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ "UP ex-chief secy Neera Yadav, Flex chief get 4-yr term for graft". The Pioneer. December 8, 2010. http://www.dailypioneer.com/302151/UP-ex-chief-secy-Neera-Yadav-Flex-chief-get-4-yr-term-for-graft.html. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ "Neera Yadav's largesse benefited politicians of all hues". Rediff. http://in.rediff.com/news/jan/15up.htm. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ "Mulayam honours SC verdict, Neera Yadav goes". D N A - Daily News And Analysis. October 6, 2005. http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_mulayam-honours-sc-verdict-neera-yadav-goes_4761. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ "UP Chief Secretary resigns.". The Press Trust of India - via - Highbeam. December 3, 2003. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-110861904.html. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ "Former Uttar Pradesh chief secretary, husband join BJP". Thaindian News. March 29, 2009. http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/politics/former-uttar-pradesh-chief-secretary-husband-join-bjp_100172866.html. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ "Cong slams BJP for inducting corrupt ex-IAS officer". Network 18. April 1, 2009. http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cong-slams-bjp-for-inducting-corrupt-exias-officer/89210-37.html. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ "Inducting Neera Was A Mistake Bjp Leader". World News. http://wn.com/Inducting_Neera_was_a_mistake_BJP_leader. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ "Land allotment case: Ex-UP chief secy Neera Yadav gets 4 years in jail". The Times of India. December 7, 2010. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Land-allotment-case-Ex-UP-chief-secy-Neera-Yadav-gets-4-years-in-jail/articleshow/7058450.cms. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ "Ex-Uttar Pradesh chief secretary Neera Yadav jailed for land scam". Daily News and Analysis. December 7, 2010. http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_ex-uttar-pradesh-chief-secretary-neera-yadav-jailed-for-land-scam_1477868. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ "UP ex-chief secy Neera Yadav, Flex chief get 4-yr term for graft". The Pioneer. http://epaper.dailypioneer.com/ThePioneer/Pioneer/2010/12/08/ArticleHtmls/08_12_2010_001_031.shtml. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Bye Bye Miss Goodnight — Infobox Film name = Bye Bye Miss Goodnight caption = director = Karan Kandhari producer = Karan Kandhari Adam Cocker Carlos Carneiro Herman Crona writer = Karan Kandhari starring = Rajpal Yadav Neha Dubey Zafar Karachiwala music = Philip Granell… … Wikipedia
Bharatiya Janata Party — Infobox Indian Political Party party name = Bharatiya Janata Party party chairman = Rajnath Singh secretary = Arun Jaitley ppchairman = Atal Bihari Vajpayee loksabha leader = Lal Krishna Advani (Opposition) rajyasabha leader = Jaswant Singh… … Wikipedia