Dr Necip Hablemitoğlu (28 November 1954–19 December 2002) was a Turkish historian and intellectual. He died as a result of assassination in front of his house in 2002. The perpetrators of this assassination still not found. In Ergenekon trial testimony, however, detained suspects Osman Yildirim claimed that Osman Gurbuz killed him by the motivation of detained suspects Veli Küçük and Muzaffer Tekin for a false flag operation.  
He is survived by his wife Prof Dr Şengül Hablemitoglu, and daughters Kanije, and Uyvar. 
The murder case is unresolved. According to one hypothesis, he was assassinated in a false flag operation by gendarmerie general Veli Küçük (his trial continues on Ergenekon (organization) case) that was pinned on Islamists;  while another hypothesis is that the German GSG 9 secret service was responsible (the motive relating to the Bergama issue, explained below).
Hablemitoğlu seems to have known that he was targeted, for his daughters asked him about what to do in the event of an assault. The last thing he did on the day of his attack was to go grocery shopping at Migros. According to security camera records and receipts from the store, he left at 20:05. He was assassinated after returning home a few minutes later.
Studies on Cirimea Turkish
He first introduced himself to the Turkish public with a series of articles titled "Yuzbinlerin Surgunu" [The Deportation of the Hundreds and Thousands], which was published in the Turkish daily Aksam in the 1970s. These articles were later issued as a book with the same title. Considering the silence of the entire world, including the Turkic world, about the brutal deportation of the Crimean Tatar people by Soviet authorities during World War II, Hablemitoglu's articles written during the sensitive "Cold War" era, were indeed a daring attempt to draw world's attention to this politically "hot" issue. He continued to work on Crimean Tatar and other Turkic issues by publishing the journal Birlik in the early 1970s. Carlik Rusyasi'nda Turk Kongreleri (1905-1917) [Turkic Congresses in Tsarist Russia (1915-1917)] was another of his scholarly contribution to the history of the Turkic peoples of Russia, a subject he was deeply interested in. With his wife Sengul Hablemitoglu, he co-authored one of the most important books related to Crimean Tatars, Sefika Gaspirali ve Rusya'da Turk Kadin Hareketleri (1893-1920) [Sefika Gaspirali and Turkic Women's Movement in Russia (1893-1920)]. (See: www.iccrimea.org/reports/sefika.html). Dr. Necip Hablemitoglu also wrote numerous articles related to Crimea and Crimean Tatars, mostly published in Crimean Tatar bi-monthly journal Kirim, issued in Ankara, Turkey
Studies on German NGOs in Turkey
His book, Alman Vakıfları ve Bergama Dosyası , was accused German NGOs operating in Turkey with espionage. The accusations were found wanting in court, as a consequence of which his publisher was fined 50 billion Lira (later reduced to a symbolic 1 billion after the prosecution declared that their grievance was not monetary). The Bergama issue revolved around the gold industry. It is claimed that Turkey imported 800 million dollars worth of gold from Germany annually, and the discovery of a gold mine in Bergama posed a threat which had to be stopped. So in order to achieve that, the offices of various German NGOs in Turkey are claimed to have backhandedly financed and organized the anti-goldmine activist movements by local villagers in the area.
- Alman Vakıfları ve Bergama Dosyası (German Trusts and the Bergama Files) (2001).
- Köstebek His exposé of the Gulen movement (published posthumously).
- "Gaspirali Ismail Bey: Dilde Birlik ve Turkluk Suuru" [Gaspirali Ismail Bey: Unity in Language and the Turkish Conscience]. Kırım Vols. 9-10, Nos. 36-40: 17-23, 2002.
- "Kırım'da 1917 Ihtilali Donemine Ait Ilk Defa Yayinlanan Siyasal Bir Belge. Kırım Cumhuriyeti'ne Giden Yolda Ilk 'Hitapname': Sosyalizm-Turkculuk" [A First-time Published Document on the 1917 Revolutionary Period in Crimea. A first Oratory Related to the Crimean Republic: Socialism and Turkism]. Kırım Vol. 8, No. 30: 3-6, 2000.
- "Ilk Defa Yayinlanan Bir Belge. Kırım Tekalif-i Milliyesi: 'Millet Sandigi'na Bir Ruble!" [A First- time Published Document. A Crimean National Proposal (Tekalif-i Milliye): 'A Buck (Ruble) for the National Treasury!]. Kırım Vol. 7, No. 28: 3-5, 1999.
- "Kırım'da Aclik Yillari (I), 1921-1922" [Famine Years in Crimea (I)]. Kırım Vol.7, No. 26: 12-23, 1999.
- "Kırım'da Aclik Yillari (II), 1921-22" [Famine Years in Crimea (II)]. Kırım Vol. 7, No. 27: 3-7, 1999.
- "Kırımli Aydinlarin Sorunlari Uzerine Ozelestiri: Kırım'da Aydin Kırımi" [A Self - Critique of Issues Related to Crimean Tatar Intellectuals: Liquidation of Intellectuals in Crimea]. Kırım Vol. 6, No. 23: 3-13, 1998.
- "Kırım Turk Tarihine Isik Tutacak Onemli Bir Belge: Tatar Partisi Programi." [An Important Document that Would Shed Light on Crimean (Tatar) History: Program of the Tatar Party]. Kırım Vol. 5, No. 20: 3-6, 1997.
- "Ilk Defa Yayinlanan Belgeler Isiginda: Gaspirali Ismail Bey ve Carlik Rusyasi Hukumetleri" [In the Light of a First-time Published Document: Ismail Gaspirali Bey and Tsarist Governments]. Kırım Vol. 5, No. 19: 3-27, 1997.
- "Sefika Gaspirali'nin Hatiralarindan: Tercuman'nin Dogus ve Kapanis Evreleri (1883-1918)." [From the Memoirs of Sefika Gaspirali: The Eras of Birth and Closure of Tercuman (1883-1918)] Kırım Vol. 5, No. 17: 7-10, 1996.
- "Rusya Turkleri'nin Milli Surasi." [The National Council of Russian Turks]. Kırım Vol. 4, No. 16: 8-10, 1996.
- ^ "İddianameye göre Ergenekon’un eylemleri". NTVMSNBC. 27 Temmuz 2008. http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/news/454303.asp. "“2002 yılında Veli Küçük, Muzaffer Tekin ve Osman Gürbüz ile toplantı yaptık. Osman Gürbüz bana 1 milyon dolar karşılığı Necip Hablemitoğlu’nu öldürmeyi teklif etti. Ben kabul etmeyince Veli Küçük, ‘Osman bu iş yine sana kaldı’ dedi. 6-7 ay sonra Osman Gürbüz’ü gördüğümde ‘Hablemitoğlu’nun parasını masalarda bitirdik’ dedi.”"
- ^ Hablemitoglu Cinayetinde Ergenekon izi var.
- ^ Altan, Mubeyyin Batu (2003-08-22). "Dr. Necip Hablemitoğlu (1954-2002)". International Committee for Crimea. http://www.iccrimea.org/reports/hablemitoglu.html. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- ^ Söylemez, Haşim (2008-10-13). "Asrın davası başlıyor Silivri'den çıkış var mı?" (in Turkish). Aksiyon Dergisi (Feza Gazetecilik A.Ş.) 723. http://www.aksiyon.com.tr/detay.php?id=31403. Retrieved 2008-10-21. "2002’de Veli Küçük, Muzaffer Tekin ve Osman Gürbüz ile toplantı yaptık. Gürbüz bana 1 milyon dolar karşılığı Necip Hablemitoğlu’nu öldürmeyi teklif etti. Ben kabul etmeyince Veli Küçük, ‘Osman bu iş yine sana kaldı’ dedi. 6-7 ay sonra Osman Gürbüz’ü gördüğümde ‘Hablemitoğlu’nun parasını masalarda bitirdik’ dedi."
- ^ Gezer, Şenol (2006-06-27). "Hablemitoğlu´nun katili Almanlar mı?". Bugün. http://www.haber7.com/haber/20060627/Hablemitoglunun-katili-Almanlar-mi.php. Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- ^ a b "Hoca'nın son günü" (in Turkish). Aksam Gazetesi. 2002-12-20. http://www.aksam.com.tr/arsiv/aksam/2002/12/21/ozel/ozel1.html. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- ^ Önderoglu, Erol (2004-10-20). "Alman Vakıflarını Suçlayan Kitaba Ceza" (in Turkish). Bianet. http://www.bianet.org/2004/10/20/45533.htm. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- ^ Bumin, Kürşat; Görmüş, Alper (2003-09-23). "Kritik AB toplantısı öncesinde Almanya'ya casusluk suçlaması" (in Turkish). Yeni Şafak. http://www.yenisafak.com/arsiv/2003/eylul/23/kronikmedya.html. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Necip — is a Turkish given name for males. People named Necip include: Necip Fazıl Kısakürek, Turkish poet, novelist, playwright and philosopher Necip Hablemitoğlu, Turkish historian and Kemalist intellectual Necip Uysal, Turkish footballer This… … Wikipedia
List of assassinated people from Turkey — The following is an incomplete, chronological list of people from Turkey murdered by assassins mainly on political and religious grounds. Many of these were intellectuals proponent of laicism and the strict separation of religion and state, as it … Wikipedia
List of Crimean Tatars — Crimean Tatars in alphabetical order: * Toğay bey * Deniz Agah * Çetin Altan * Refat Appazov * Cüneyt Arkın * İdris Asanin * Asan Sabri Ayvazov * Ali Bekmambet * Şevqiy Bektöre (Şevki Bektöre) * Reşat Cemilev * Noman Çelebicihan * Bekir Çoban… … Wikipedia
List of assassinated people — This is a list of persons who were assassinated; that is, important people who were murdered, usually for ideological or political reasons. This list does not include executed persons. TOCright Assassinations in Africa Algeria *Hiempsal, (117 BC) … Wikipedia
Decembre 2002 — Décembre 2002 Années : 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 Décennies : 1970 1980 1990 2000 2010 2020 2030 Siècles : XXe siècle … Wikipédia en Français
Décembre 2002 — Années : 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 Décennies : 1970 1980 1990 2000 2010 2020 2030 Siècles : XXe siècle XXIe siècle … Wikipédia en Français
Osman Gürbüz — (Erzincan, 1962) is a Turkish criminal. He was detained in the frame of the Ergenekon investigation for some unsolved murders. Gürbüz used to be a member of the nationalist Kuvvayi Milliye Derneği (National Forces Society). Its founder, Fikri… … Wikipedia