Huntington Ingalls Industries
Huntington Ingalls Industries Type Public Traded as (NYSE: HII) Industry Shipbuilding Predecessor Northrop Grumman Ship Systems
Northrop Grumman Newport News
Founded 2008 (NGS)
Headquarters Newport News, Virginia, USA Key people Mike Petters, President Website www.huntingtoningalls.com
Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) is an American shipbuilding company formed on March 31, 2011 as a spin-off of Northrop Grumman. Formerly known as Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding (NGSB), it was created on 28 January 2008 by the merger of Northrop Grumman's two shipbuilding sectors, Northrop Grumman Ship Systems and Northrop Grumman Newport News.
Mike Petters is currently the president of Huntington Ingalls Industries (formerly president of the Newport News shipyard and president of the Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding).
HII is the sole designer, builder, and refueler of nuclear-powered aircraft carriers in the United States. It is one of two nuclear-powered submarine builders. 70% of the current, active US Navy fleet has been built by HII's erstwhile units.
HII operates facilities in several key locations across the US:
- Newport News Shipbuilding, Newport News, Virginia (Nuclear Aircraft Carriers, Submarines, Overhaul)
- Ingalls Shipbuilding, Pascagoula, Mississippi (Surface Combatants, Amphibs, Coast Guard large cutters)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (Amphibs, Auxiliaries)
- Virginia Beach, Virginia (AMSEC, Fleet Support)
- San Diego, California (Continental Maritime, Fleet Repair & Support)
- Gulfport, Mississippi (Composite R&D, Composite Components)
- Tallulah, Louisiana (Components & Subassemblies)
HII's current order backlog amounts to USD 22.4 Billion.
Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carriers
America-class amphibious assault ship
The US Navy awarded HII a $2.4 billion fixed-price incentive contract for the detail design and construction of the amphibious assault ship, America (LHA-6) — the lead ship of her class. Work will be performed primarily at the company's shipyard in Pascagoula, Miss., and ship delivery is scheduled for 2012.
San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock
In April 2011, the US Navy awarded HII a $1.5 billion contract for the construction of John P. Murtha (LPD-26), the tenth of the San Antonio-class amphibious transport docks. This was the first Navy contract awarded to HII, though Ingalls Shipbuilding had already built three ships of the class.
- ^ http://www.globenewswire.com/newsarchive/hii/pages/news_releases.html?d=217512
- ^ http://www.defenselink.mil/speeches/speech.aspx?speechid=1341
- ^ http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=38154
- ^ "Ingalls Shipbuilding Awarded U.S. Navy Contract Worth $1.5 Billion to Build Company's 10th San Antonio-Class Amphibious Transport Dock". Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc.. 1 April 2011. http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?d=217734. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Huntington Ingalls Industries — Тип Публичная компания Листинг на бирже NYSE … Википедия
Huntington Ingalls Industries — Logo Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) ist eine US amerikanische Werftengruppe, die am 31. März 2011 aus ihrem Mutterkonzern Northrop Grumman ausgegründet wurde. Die bisherige Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding (NGSB) war ihrerseits am 28. Januar… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Ingalls Shipbuilding — Mehrere Zerstörer und Kreuzer im Bau bei Ingalls Ingalls Shipbuilding ist eine US amerikanische Werft mit Sitz in Pascagoula, Mississippi. Der Konzern wurde 1938 an der Mündung des Pascagoula River in den Golf von Mexiko gegründet und baute zu… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Collis Potter Huntington — Collis P. Huntington, c.1872 by Stephen W. Shaw Born October 22, 1821(1821 10 22) Harwinton, Connecticut, USA … Wikipedia
Newport News Shipbuilding — The newly constructed USS Birmingham is launched from the Newport News yards in 1942 Newport News Shipbuilding (NNS), originally Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock Company (NNS DD), was the largest privately owned shipyard in the United States … Wikipedia
Петтерс, Майкл — Майкл Петтерс Clement Michael «Mike» Petters … Википедия
Chantier naval Northrop Grumman de Newport News — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Newport News … Wikipédia en Français
Newport News, Virginia — This article is about the city in Virginia. For the shipyard formerly known as Newport News , see Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding Newport News. City of Newport News City Center at Oyster Point … Wikipedia
Arleigh Burke class destroyer — USS Arleigh Burke (DDG 51), lead ship of the class Class overview Name: Arleigh Burke class destroyer … Wikipedia
Ньюпорт-Ньюс — Город Ньюпорт Ньюс (англ. Newport News) Герб … Википедия