Myeloma Canada Type Non-profit Founded 2004 Key people John F. Lemieux - Co-Founder and President
Aldo E. Del Col - Co-Founder and Executive Director
Myeloma Canada is a non-profit organization which serves the myeloma community of Canada. myeloma]]. The organization helps myeloma patients and raises awareness about this rare form of cancer. It was founded in 2004 by Aldo del Col and John F. Limieux, both of whom are multiple myeloma survivors.
The organization aims to "Make Myeloma Matter" by increasing awareness of the disease, providing support and educational tools to patients and their families, and promoting better treatment options and resources.
To further this awareness, the organization has organized an annual Multiple Myeloma March every October.
- ^ "Myeloma Canada : myeloma canada". Myelomacanada.ca. http://www.myelomacanada.ca/en/myelomacanadadesc.htm. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- ^ http://www.thesuburbannews.ca/content/en/5554
- ^ "Charity Profile: MYELOMA CANADA". CanadaHelps. http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?CharityID=s93139&Language=en. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- ^ "Myeloma Canada". The Myeloma Beacon. 2008-10-15. http://www.myelomabeacon.com/links/2008/10/15/myeloma-canada/. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- ^ "MYELOMA CANADA | Canadians lack confidence in access to cancer medications". Newswire.ca. http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/February2009/25/c3465.html. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- ^ http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/October2010/07/c8841.html
- ^ "Myeloma Canada calls on Quebec government to approve Revlimid as second-line therapy". News-medical.net. 2010-02-26. http://www.news-medical.net/news/20100225/Myeloma-Canada-calls-on-Quebec-government-to-approve-Revlimid-as-second-line-therapy.aspx. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- ^ "Canadian Survey Highlights Myeloma Awareness And Access To Treatment". The Myeloma Beacon. 2009-02-26. http://www.myelomabeacon.com/news/2009/02/26/canadian-survey-highlights-myeloma-awareness-and-access-to-treatment/. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- ^ "Marching for multiple myeloma". Thesuburbannews.ca. http://www.thesuburbannews.ca/content/en/5554. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada — The Leukemia Lymphoma Society is the world s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and patient services. Mission: To cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of… … Wikipedia
Myélome multiple — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Kahler. Image histopathologique d un myélome multiple (extrait de la moelle osseuse). Le myélome multiple des os (plus c … Wikipédia en Français
Health and Disease — ▪ 2009 Introduction Food and Drug Safety. In 2008 the contamination of infant formula and related dairy products with melamine in China led to widespread health problems in children, including urinary problems and possible renal tube… … Universalium
Thalidomide — This article is about the drug. For the musical about a person with thalidomide disability, see Thalidomide!! A Musical. Thalidomide Systematic (IUPAC) name (RS) 2 (2,6 dioxopiperidin 3 yl) 1H isoind … Wikipedia
Alcohol and cancer — Total recorded alcohol per capita consumption (15+), in litres of pure alcohol. Alcohol is associated with an increased risk of a number of cancers. 3.6% of all cancer cases and 3.5% of cancer deaths worldwide are attributable to consu … Wikipedia
Diana Krall — at a CD signing in Toronto, Ontario (Sept 2007) Background information Born November 16, 1964 (1964 11 16) (age 4 … Wikipedia
Agent Orange — thumb|right|250px|A UH 1D helicopter from the336th Aviation Company sprays a defoliation agent on a dense jungle area in the Mekong Delta. 07/26/1969/National Archives photograph. Agent Orange is the code name for a powerful herbicide and… … Wikipedia
syndrome — The aggregate of symptoms and signs associated with any morbid process, and constituting together the picture of the disease. SEE ALSO: disease. [G. s., a running together, tumultuous concourse; (in med.) a concurrence of symptoms, fr. syn,… … Medical dictionary
Nathan Isgur — Nathan Isgur, 2000 Nathan Isgur (May 25, 1947 – July 24, 2001) was a theoretical physicist from the U.S. and Canada. Contents … Wikipedia
Valproic acid — Systematic (IUPAC) name 2 propylpentanoic … Wikipedia