Sorry for Partyin'
Sorry for Partyin' Studio album by Bowling for Soup Released October 12, 2009
(see release history)
Recorded April–July 2009
Genre Pop punk Length 50:02
65:56 (U.S. Deluxe Digital Download)
65:40 (UK Edition)
53:23 (Japanese Edition)
Label Jive/RCA/Zomba Producer Linus of Hollywood, Jaret Reddick Bowling for Soup chronology Bowling for Soup: Live and Very Attractive
Sorry for Partyin'
Merry Flippin' Christmas Volume 1
Singles from Sorry for Partyin' Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating AbsolutePunk (23%) Allmusic  Kerrang! 
Sorry for Partyin' is Bowling for Soup's tenth studio album, and sixth and final album with Jive Records. It is also the first ever BFS album to be released by RCA Records. It was released on October 12, 2009. It debuted at #104 on the Billboard Top 200 and #47 on Rock albums. No single was ever released to the radio by Jive for the album.
The band began working on the album in January 2009 in Austin, Texas by working with people like Linus of Hollywood, Scott Reynolds, Tony Scalzo, Parry Gripp and Kim Shattuck. The band recorded for over a month recording 18 tracks and finished recording in early March 2009. Afterward, the band left Austin to record the B-sides for the album in their hometown.
Bowling for Soup recorded 27 songs for the album as of June 2009. On August 8, Jaret posted on twitter that the band had enough songs for a double album, but will only be putting 12-14 of those songs onto this album.
In promotion for the album, the band embarked on a tour entitled the "Party in Your Pants Tour." The tour only had dates scheduled in the UK beginning on October 17, 2009, in Glasgow and ending on October 29, 2009, in London.
No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "A Really Cool Dance Song" Jaret Reddick, Linus of Hollywood 3:44 2. "No Hablo Inglés" Reddick, Linus of Hollywood 3:30 3. "My Wena" Reddick, Linus of Hollywood 2:49 4. "Only Young" Reddick, Sam Hollander, Dave Katz 3:46 5. "I Don't Wish You Were Dead Anymore" Reddick, Tony Scalzo 2:45 6. "BFFF" Reddick 3:51 7. "Me With No You" Reddick, Zac Maloy 3:43 8. "Hooray for Beer" Reddick, Linus of Hollywood 3:26 9. "America (Wake Up Amy)" (featuring Scott Reynolds and Parry Gripp) Reddick 3:25 10. "If Only" Reddick 3:39 11. "I Gotchoo" Reddick, Linus of Hollywood 3:43 12. "Love Goes Boom" Reddick, Maloy 4:08 13. "I Can't Stand L.A." Reddick 3:50 14. "Belgium Polka" (hidden track on US edition; featuring Brave Combo) Reddick 3:35 U.S. Deluxe Digital Download No. Title Writer(s) Length 15. "I Just Wanna Be Loved" 4:19 16. "Choke" 4:12 17. "Everything to Me" 3:53 U.S. Amazon.com Deluxe Digital Download No. Title Writer(s) Length 15. "I Just Wanna Be Loved" 4:19 16. "Choke" 4:12 17. "Everything to Me" 3:53 18. "Reality" (bonus track on amazon.com only) 3:30 U.K. Edition No. Title Writer(s) Length 15. "I Just Wanna Be Loved" 4:19 16. "Walk of Shame" 3:56 17. "Amateur Night" 3:50 18. "I Gotchoo (Other Version)" Reddick, Linus of Hollywood 3:33 Japanese Edition No. Title Writer(s) Length 15. "My Girlfriend Sucks" 3:21
No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "Amateur Night" (Bowling for Soup decided to give out a new song titled "Amateur Night" for free on their street team site for a limited time. When opened with iTunes the album comes up as Sorry For B-sides. Also available on the U.K. version of the album) 3:52 2. "I'll Always Remember You (That Way)" (featuring Kim Shattuck of The Muffs; released as part of the My Wena EP) 3:40 3. "Goodbye Friend" (released as part of the My Wena EP. The song was also made available as a free download on the band's official online store in memory of Jeff "FFroe" Roe from December 17–18, 2009) 3:51 4. "Girl All The Bad Guys Want (Acoustic Version)" (from Sorry For Partyin' Instant Downloads when you pre-order the CD from the band's website) 3:35 5. "My Wena (Acoustic)" (from Sorry For Partyin' Instant Downloads when you pre-order the CD from the band's website) 2:43 6. "Mediocre[A]" (demo) Reddick, Linus of Hollywood 3:11
Singles and videos
My Wena EP EP by Bowling for Soup Released August 7, 2009 Recorded April–July 2009
Genre Pop punk Length 10:20 Label RCA/Jive Producer Linus of Hollywood, Jaret Reddick
According to frontman Jaret Reddick in his ninth Bowling for Soup podcast, "No Hablo Inglés" was supposed to be released to radio stations in January 2010 as the album's first single. However, Bowling for Soup was dropped from Jive Records shortly after the release of Sorry for Partyin' and because of this, songs like "My Wena" and "No Hablo Inglés" that had released music videos were not released as radio singles.
The song "My Wena" first previewed on May 5, 2009, on the Lex and Terry show. A music video for the song was filmed and the video was released on July 21, 2009. The song was released to iTunes on July 28, 2009. An EP featuring the song, titled the My Wena EP was released digitally August 7, 2009. A clean version of the "My Wena" video (later titled the "Puppy Version") was released on the band's official YouTube page on August 28, 2009.
My Wena EP No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "My Wena" Reddick, Linus of Hollywood 2:49 2. "I'll Always Remember You (That Way)" (featuring Kim Shattuck of The Muffs) 3:40 3. "Goodbye Friend" 3:51
No Hablo Inglés
The song "No Hablo Inglés" first premiered to members on the BFS Army site to those who had contributed, the page claims this is the first single.
The music video for the song is a parody of the As seen on TV infomercials. In the video, Jaret Reddick stands in front of a TV studio audience and portrays a motivational speaker offering his "fool-proof" solution to any problem – simply reply "No Hablo Inglés" (Spanish for "I don't know English") and the problem disappears. The video features a telephone number (which answers to a Bowling for Soup fan line) and an address (a private mailbox at a UPS Store in Flower Mound, Texas, located south of Denton).
Country Date United Kingdom October 12, 2009 United States October 13, 2009 Japan October 14, 2009
Bowling for Soup:
- Jaret Reddick — Vocals & Rhythm guitar
- Erik Chandler — bass & Backing vocals
- Chris Burney — Lead guitar & Backing vocals
- Gary Wiseman — drums
- BFS crew
- Dave "Termite Dave" Hale - Tour Manager/ baby sitter. Tony "T-Ride" Gattone - Guitar/ Bass Tech/ sandwich artist. Jacob "Pinky" Henry - Stage Manager/ Monitors/ Drum Tech/ funny hats. Blake Hunt - Merch and breath of fresh air. Wayne Neil - driver/ swell guy/ Australian. Sherman - is a dog.
- Produced by Linus of Hollywood & Jaret Reddick; Engineered by Peter McCabe at Wire Recording Studio, Austin, TX; Assisted by Joey Benjamin; Studio Assistant: Will Krienke; Studio Interns: Matt Ralls & Kent Chandler; "No Hablo Inglés" Engineered by Casey Diiorio at Valve Studios, Dallas, TX; Additional Recording at Valve Studios, Dallas, TX and Kingsize Soundlabs, Los Angeles
- Mixed by Chris Lord-Alge at Mix L.A.; Assistant Mix Engineers: Keith Armstrong, Nik Karpen; Additional Mix Engineering: Brad Townsend, Andrew Schubert
- Mastered by Tom Coyne at Sterling Sound, NYC
- Additional musicians:
- Linus of Hollywood: Additional Guitar, Keyboards, Backing Vocals, Gang Vocals, Fart Noises and Percussion; Tony Scalzo: Piano & Organ on "BFFF;" Piano on "If Only" and "I Don't Wish You Were Dead Anymore;" Scott Reynolds: Chorus Vox "America (Wake Up Amy);" Parry Gripp: Sang "America (Wake Up Amy);" Gang Vocals on "Only Young" and "Hooray for Beer;" Zac Maloy: Sweet-ass Backing Vocals at the end of "Love Goes Boom"
- A&R: Teresa LaBarbera Whites; Booking: Andy Somers at The Agency Group; Management: Mike Swinford for Rainmaker Artists; Legal: Mike McKoy at Serling Rooks & Ferrara
- Band Photography by Jason Janik; Additional Photography by Peter McCabe (page 5 band insert), Brad Bond (page 2) and Joshua Marc Levy (pages 4–5, 8)
- Package Art Direction & Design by Joshua Marc Levy and Brad Bond, 15th Anniversary Cake Illustration by Steven Ray Brown.
- ^ a b Reddick, Jaret (21 September 2011). "hey UK friends...Are these ALL of our singles? anything I am missing?". Posterous. http://jaretreddick.posterous.com/hey-uk-friendsare-these-all-of-our-singles-an. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- ^ a b "Bowling For Soup - My Wena". Bowling for Soup via YouTube. 2009-b07-21. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jBPWbA-oOg. Retrieved 2009-07-22.
- ^ Fallon, Chris (2009-10-06). "Bowling For Soup - Sorry For Partyin'". AbsolutePunk. http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1361141&page=1. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- ^ Pemberton, Roach (2009-10-09). "Review: Sorry For Partyin'". Allmusic. http://www.allmusic.com/album/r1639590. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- ^ "Sorry For Partyin' (JIVE) KKK", Kerrang! (1282): 54, 7 October 2009
- ^ "A List of the 11 BFS studio albums (for my twitter peeps)". 5 January 2011. http://jaretreddick.posterous.com/a-list-of-the-11-bfs-studio-albums-for-my-twi. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- ^ http://www.billboard.com/#/album/bowling-for-soup/sorry-for-partyin/1281948
- ^ a b Jaret's ninth Bowling for Soup podcast, released August 27th, 2010.
- ^ "bfsTV 1.21.09 - First Day". 2009-01-21. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqkDjWRo0fM. Retrieved 2009-07-22.
- ^ a b "Sorry For Partyin'". 03-05-2009. http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=5704115&blogId=474845594. Retrieved 2009-07-22.
- ^ "bfsTV - 1.29.09 - Studio Update #2". Bowling for Soup via YouTube. 2009-01-29. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX2FvIBKYvc. Retrieved 2009-07-22.
- ^ "bfsTV - 3.12.09 - studio update #4". Bowling for Soup via YouTube. 03-12-2009. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGFhU1VjOrQ. Retrieved 2009-07-22.
- ^ "bfsTV - 6.26.09 - studio update #5". Bowling for Soup via YouTube. 2009-06-26. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZLzZzaHkOM. Retrieved 2009-07-22.
- ^ a b "::: PARTY IN YOUR PANTS TOUR 2009 :::". Bowling for Soup Official Website. http://www.bowlingforsoup.tv/tour/. Retrieved 2009-07-22.
- ^ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R98TVE
- ^ http://bowlingforsoup.fancorps.com/headquarters/forums.php?topic_id=992479&page=1#post_992479
- ^ a b c "My Wena - EP by Bowling for Soup". iTunes. 7 August 2009. http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/my-wena-ep/id325541242. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- ^ "Bowling for Soup on Myspace Music!". Bowling for Soup via Myspace Music!. http://www.myspace.com/bowlingforsoup. Retrieved 2009-07-22.
- ^ "Bowling For Soup - My Wena (The Clean Version)". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxRtsv9yH5w.
- ^ official single from Sorry for Partyin'
- ^ Bowling For Soup SXSW 09 Interview Music Video on Roxwel. Austin, Texas: Roxwel.com. March 2009. http://www.roxwel.com/player/sxsw09bowlingforsoup.html%22%3EBowling%20For%20Soup%20-%20SXSW%2009%20Interviewl?detect_mediatype=flv&detect_bitrate=_700&big=1.
- ^ Soupers serve it hearty with anniversary concerts, new CD. Times Record News. May 22, 2009. http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2009/may/22/stirring-it-up/.
- ^ http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BVCP-40094
- A ^ Featured in frontman Jaret Reddick's fifth Bowling for Soup podcast, released January 15, 2010.
Bowling for Soup Jaret Reddick · Erik Chandler · Chris Burney · Gary Wiseman
Studio albums Live albumsBowling for Soup: Live and Very Attractive Compilation albumsMerry Flippin' Christmas Volumes 1 and 2 · Jaret & Erik 2010 UK Acoustic Tour Limited Edition CD · Playlist: The Very Best of Bowling for Soup EPsOn Your Mark, Get Set... Smoke a Cigarette · My Wena EP · The Dollyrots vs. Bowling for Soup Singles"Scope" · "The Bitch Song" · "Suckerpunch" · "Girl All the Bad Guys Want" · "Emily" · "Punk Rock 101" · "1985" · "Almost" · "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)" · "I Melt with You" · "High School Never Ends" · "When We Die" · "I'm Gay" · "My Wena" · "No Hablo Inglés" · "S-S-S-Saturday" · "Turbulence" · "I've Never Done Anything Like This" Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Sorry for Partyin' — es el septimo album de estudio de Bowling for Soup fue sacado el 12 de octubre del 2009 y debuto en el·104 de Billboard Top 200 and #47 de albumes de rock La venda empezó trabajando en el álbum en 2009[5 de enero] a Texas trabajando con personas… … Wikipedia Español
Bowling for Soup — playing Oxegen 2008 in Ireland Background information Also known as BFS … Wikipedia
Bowling for Soup — Pays d’origine Wichita Falls, Texas États Unis Genre musical Pop punk Power pop … Wikipédia en Français
Bowling for Soup — Datos generales Origen Wichita Falls, Texas, Estados Unidos … Wikipedia Español
Bowling For Soup — Gründung 1994 Genre Pop Punk Website www.bowlingforsoup.com Gründungsmitglieder Gesang, Gitarre Jaret Reddick Gitarre … Deutsch Wikipedia
Bowling for Soup — Основная информация Жанр поп панк … Википедия
Bowling For Soup — est un groupe punk/rock américain, formé à Wichita Falls au Texas en 1994 et basé maintenant à Denton, Texas. Ce groupe est formé de Jaret Reddick (chant et guitare), Chris Burney (chant et guitare), Erik Chandler (chant et basse) et de Gary… … Wikipédia en Français
Jaret Reddick — Bowling for Soup Gründung 1994 Genre Pop Punk Website www.bowlingforsoup.com Gründungsmitglieder Gesang, Gitarre Jaret Reddick Gitarre … Deutsch Wikipedia
Merry Flippin' Christmas Volumes 1 and 2 — Merry Flippin Christmas Volume 1 Compilation album by Bowling for Soup Released November 26, 2009 (digital … Wikipedia
Sonic Unleashed — European box art. Developer(s) Sonic Team Dimps (PS2/Wii Day time level design) … Wikipedia