- Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation
Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd (MRVC Ltd)., a Public Sector Undertaking of Govt. of India under Ministry of Railways (MoR) was incorporated under Companies Act, 1956 on 12th July 1999 with an equity capital of Rs. 25 crore shared in the ratio of 51:49 between Ministry of Railways and Government of Maharashtra. MRVC is responsible to execute the projects under Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP) as sanctioned by Ministry of Railways. The Corporation will execute a number of suburban rail improvement projects for enhancing suburban rail transportation capacity thereby reducing the over crowding and meeting future traffic requirements. The corporation will also be involved in the planning and development of Mumbai Suburban Rail system. The main objectives of MUTP are:
- Bringing down the passengers per 9 coach to 3000 as against existing 5000.
- Segregate the suburban train operation from the main line passenger and freight services
- Integrate suburban rail capacity enhancement plans with urban development plan for Mumbai and propose investments.
- Implement the rail infrastructure projects in Mumbai suburban sections.
- Commercially develop Railway land and airspace in Mumbai area to raise funds for suburban railway development.
- Resettlement & Rehabilitation of Project Affected Households.
OVERVIEW OF THE EXISTING MUMBAI SUBURBAN RAILWAY
- The Suburban Railway System in Mumbai is the most complex, densely loaded and intensively utilized system in the world.
- It has the highest passenger density in the world – 6.7 million commuters travel everyday.
- Two zonal Railways, Western Railway (WR) and Central Railway (CR), operate the Mumbai Suburban Railway System.
- It is spread over an expanse of 319 route km.
- The suburban services are run by Electric Multiple Units (EMUs)
- 193 rakes (train sets) of 9-car, 12-car & 15-car composition are utilized to run more than 2600 train services.
- It is operated on 1500 Volt DC power supply from overhead catenary.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation — is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways. It is responsible for the improvement of the infrastructure of Mumbai Suburban Railway system.External links*http://www.mrvc.indianrail.gov.in/ … Wikipedia
Mumbai Suburban Railway — Mumbai Suburban Railway मुंबई उपनगरीय रेल्वे Info … Wikipedia
Mumbai Metro — मुंबई मेट्रो Info Locale … Wikipedia
Mumbai Port Trust — Mumbai Port A view of Mumbai harbour looking northwest Location Country India Coordinates … Wikipedia
Mumbai Police — मुंबई पोलिस Abbreviation (मु.पो)ll;l;l; Logo of the Mumbai Police … Wikipedia
Mumbai Harbour — neighbourhood … Wikipedia
Mumbai Monorail — मुंबई मोनोरेल Info Owner MMRDA Locale Mumbai … Wikipedia
Mumbai Fort — is a area near Mumbai University fort campus.  Reference … Wikipedia
Mumbai — Bombay redirects here. For other uses, see Bombay (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
Mumbai culture — Ganesh festival A resident of Mumbai is called a Mumbaikar. People prefer to stay close to a railway station for easy access to the metropolis. Many city dwellers lead a fast paced life with very little time for other activities owing to a… … Wikipedia