Mugdha Vaishampayan Background information Birth name Mugdha Bhagwan Vaishampayan Born April 5, 2000 Origin Alibag, Maharashtra, India Genres Indian classical music Occupations Student, Singer Instruments Vocal Years active 2008 onwards Labels Universal Music Associated acts Bharatnatyam
Mugdha Vaishampayan (Marathi: मुग्धा वैशंपायन, born April 5, 2000) was one of the finalists in the Marathi championship of Idea Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L'il Champs, which aired on Zee Marathi television between July 2008 and February 2009. The people of Maharashtra referred to her as "Little Monitor".
In 2009 & 2010 Mugdha appeared in many stage shows and public events, and her career currently extends to music albums, playback for movies and TV serials, media commercials, reality show anchoring, promotional campaigns for leading Newspapers, and performing in her solo singing programs.
Mugdha was born in Alibag, the daughter of Bhagwan Vaishampayan and Bhagyashree Vaishampayan. Mugdha's ability to sing was identified by her father when she was 2 years old, and she received formal training in fundamental music from Sunil Mhatre, Sheetal Kunte, Anuradha Velankar and Bhagwan Vaishampayan. After her run in Idea Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs, her name became familiar to the residents of Maharashtra. The people of Konkan call her "रायगड कन्या" (Daughter of Raigad).
Idea Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs
In 2008, Mugdha first auditioned for Idea Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs, a competitive music reality show produced Zee Marathi television channel. She became one of 50 finalists chosen from among several thousand age 8 to 14 children from Maharashtra, and ended as one of the top 5 finalists overall. On the show she was known as "The Little Monitor".
During the course of the competition, Mugdha was awarded with the title "Raigad Bhushan" by Raigad Zillha Parishad (रायगड जिल्हा परिषद), and is one of the youngest persons to have received such award from any elected Government body.
Some of the songs she performed during the competition include:
- "Ang Ang Tav Anang” अंग अंग तव अनंग
- "Hurhur Asate Tich Uri” हुरहुर असते तीच उरी
- "Ghat Doiwar Ghat Kamarewar” घट डोईवर घट कमरेवर
- "Radhadhar Madhumilind” राधाधर मधुमिलींद
- "Chafa Bolenaa” चाफा बोलेना
- "Aakash Pangharoni” आकाश पांघरोनी
- "Parikathetil Rajkumara” परीकथेतील राजकुमारा
- "Chadi Lage Cham Cham ” छडी लागे छ्म छम
- "Shriranga Kamalaakantaa” श्रीरंगा कमलाकांता
- "Daring Darling” डार्लिंग डार्लिंग
- "Arey Arey Pawatyaa” अरे अरे पावट्या
- "Jo Awadato Sarvaalaa” जो आवडतो सर्वाला
- "Doke Firaleyaa” डोकं फिरलया
- "Ruturaaj Aaj Vani Aalaa” ऋतूराज आज वनी आला
- "Chal Re Shirapaa” चलं रे शिरपा
- "Ekveera Aai” एकवीरा आई
- "Kamodini Kaay Jane To” कमोदिनी काय जाणे तो
- "Maifilicha Rang” मैफिलीचा रंग
- "Kanthatach Rutalya Taanaa" कंठातच रूतल्या ताना
- "Jeewlaga kadhi Re” जीवलगा कधी रे
- "Amrutahooni God Naam Tuze Devaa” अमृताहूनी गोड नाम तुझे देवा
- "Padaraavarati Jartaricha” पदरावरती जरतारीचा
- "Bai Mazi Karangali Modali” बाई माझी करंगळी मोडली
- "Bada Natkhat hai” बड़ा नटखट है
- "Pawan Diwaani” पवन दिवानी
- "Jambhul Pikalya Zadakhali" जाभुल पिकल्या झाडाखाली
- "Yashomati Maiya Se” यशोमती मैयासे
Lead Singer for Hindi Daily Soap Kashi(काशी)
Mugdha was been cast as a lead playback singer for daily soap Kashi being broadcast on NDTV Imagine  This marked the first time she sang a Hindi song, as well as her first assignment as a playback singer on television.
Her song was recorded in March 2010 and featured in several episodes as a theme song.
Singing for Marathi films
In April 2010, sang a playback for Marathi films when Nandu Ghanekar offered her a song in Balaji Telefilm's first Marathi movie named Taaryaanche Bait (Marathi: तार्यांचे बेट} (The Island of stars). Her song "Kamaal aahe" (Marathi: कमाल आहे चमत्कार हा घडला उल्टा काय} is the main song of the film which is getting released on 14-April-2011.  
Mugdha has also contributed to Marathi movie Let's Go Back where in June 2010 she sang Bigi Bigi. She recorded the title track for Let's Go Back in Juy 2010.
In November 2010, Mugdha became a brand ambassador for the "Jungle Book" contest of the Marathi daily newspaper Lokmat, and has been cast as leading ambassador for the Marathi Home Calmanac Kalnirnay (Marathi: कालनिर्णय). Commercials featuring Mugdha began airing in November 2010 on all Marathi Television channels.
Mugdha has performed her art for events including
- Swar Tarang Mumbai Police Kalyan Melava. in Kalyan 2008
- ‘Vasantotsav’ – Musical concert arranged in Pune every year by Rahul Deshpande in memory of his legendary grandfather Pandit Vasantrao Deshpande. 2008.
- Zee Gaurav Puraskar 2009.
- ‘Shrimant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Music Festival’ April 2009.
- ’Little Champs’ Live Shows in many cities like Mumbai, Panvel, Pune, Sangli, Aurangabad, Goa, Ratnagiri, Thane, Nagpur etc. and at international venues like Dubai. These are runaway popular shows arranged by Zee Marathi where Mugdha performs with four other Little Champs Aarya Ambekar, Prathamesh Laghate, Rohit Raut and Kartiki Gaikwad in a perfect sync. This group is known as ‘Panch-Ratna’ (पंचरत्न).
- As a celebrity guest in 'SaReGaMa - Punha Nave, Swapna Swaranche'season 7. October 2009
- Live performance in the devotional programe arranged in the presence of Bhagvan Shri Sathya Sai Baba in Sai Ashram at village Hadshi, near Pune. October 2009 
- Live performance in Dr. Salil Kulkarni and Sandeep Khare's famous program Ayushyavar Bolu Kahi at allibaug on 3 oct 2009
- Live performance in the special programe arranged on the occasion of Birthday of Bhagvan Shri Sathya Sai Baba in Sai Ashram at Puttaparthi. November 2009 
- part of Ne Majasi Ne by 100 singers 
- ‘Shrimant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Music Festival’ March 2010.
- Live performance along with Lata Mangeshkar in special function organized by ShivSena on occasion of the Golden Jubilee Year of Maharashtra State on Maharashtra Din
- Diwali Special Musical Concert - Nashik 2010
- Saatpur Special Program - सांजपाडवा
- From November 2010, Mugdha has set out on a promotional tour for the "Jungle Book Contest" of Marathi leadign daily Lokmat. She along with other two artists - Miss Owi Dixit (The winner of Dance Reality show) and Satyajit Padhye, a budding ventriloquist, puppeteer and puppet maker, are visiting schools in major cities of Maharashtra to campaign for "Jungle Book Contest".
- In the first leg of this promotional tour, they have covered school events in Nashik and Kolhapur
- As a chief guest and lead performer in Republic day celebration at Alibag beach. 3000 students took an oath to protect & preserve Indian Constitution in a spectacular program conducted by Mugdha. (January 2011)
- Nashik Festival - 2011 
Mugdha is praised for her innate singing abilities from established personalities such as Shruti Sadolikar, Pandit Hridayanath Mangeshkar, Pandit Satyasheel Deshpande, Shridhar Phadake, Suresh Wadkar, Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal, Hariharan (singer), Vijay Ghate, Asha Khadilkar, and Dr. Saleel Kulkarni.
Awards and nominations
- 2008, Youngest person to be receive the ‘Raigad Bhushan’ award
- 2009, Runner-Up of the Idea Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs reality-based music competition organized by Zee Marathi.
- 2010, Received Kalabhushan (कलाभूषण)Award from Alibag Municipal Corporation.
- 2010, Received the 'Shahu Modak'(शाहू मोडक)award for exemplary work in the area of singing. The award is given by Shahu Modak Pratisthan (शाहू मोडक प्रतिष्ठान)Pune every year for noteworthy contributions in different facets of arts and culture.
- PanchaRatna vol. 1,2,3 (Marathi: पंचरत्न भाग 1,2,3) on Universal Music
- Garjati Sahyadriche Kade (Marathi: गर्जती सह्याद्रीचे कडे)on Universal Music
- Jai Hari Vitthal(Marathi: जय हरी विठ्ठल) on Universal Music
- Marathi Abhimaangeet composed by Kaushal Inamdar 
- Aathava Swar (Marathi: आठवा स्वर) composed by Mrs Varsha Bhave 
- Fulpakharancha Gav (Marathi: फुलपाखरांचा गाव) composed by Mrs Anandi Vikas Deshmukh (Disciple of Well Known Music Director Mr Dasharath Pujari)
- Khaucha Gaav (Marathi: खाउचा गाव) Composed by veteran Music director Yashwant Deo 
- Durwankur (Marathi: दुर्वांकुर) Composed by Music director Sukhada Bhave 
- Swapnarutu (Marathi: स्वप्नऋतू) Composed by Music director Shrirang Urhekar 
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/user/zeemarathi#p/u/95/YpSZhZNylL0 Zee Marathi Announcement To rope in Mugdha Vaishampayan as Anchor
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/user/zeemarathi?blend=1&ob=4#p/c/32019D0BD1982FC3/7/IczUdzhQxDY Mugdha's first episode as an anchor Idea SaReGaMaPa 2010
- ^ http://zeemarathi.com/srgmplittlechamps2010/Anchor.aspx?page=3&&JID=3 Zee Marathi Official Website lists Mugdha's profile as an anchor for Season 2 of Little Champs
- ^ http://www.ndtvimagine.com/shows/index.php?id=165 Kashi NDTV Imagine
- ^ तार्यांचे बेट
- ^ Mugdha's interview on movie playback
- ^ 
- ^ या गोल गोल डब्यातला
- ^  Mugdha Becomes Brand Ambassador
- ^ http://www.kalnirnay.com/kal_user/home.php?section=home
- ^ Vasantotsav
- ^ Shrimant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Music Festival
- ^ Dubai Performance Dubai Photos
- ^ Sai Baba's Visit to Pandurang Kshetra, Hadashi, Pune Mugdha Performing in front of Sathya Sai Baba
- ^ Sai Baba's B'day at Puttaparthi
- ^ mjasi Ne
- ^ http://www.esakal.com/esakal/20101107/4958206854829836885.htm नाशिक दिवाळी पहाट
- ^ http://www.deshdoot.com/images/block_image/img_78531_4.jpg सातपूर सांजपाडवा
- ^ http://epaper.lokmat.com/ArticleImage.aspx?article=06_12_2010_016_002&mode=1
- ^ http://epaper.lokmat.com/Default.aspx?selpg=2069&selDt=11/30/2010&BMode=100 Launch of Jungle Book Contest
- ^ http://epaper.lokmat.com/ArticleImage.aspx?article=06_12_2010_016_001&mode=1
- ^ http://loksatta.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=132749:2011-01-30-14-50-29&catid=25:2009-07-09-02-01-06&Itemid=2 मुग्धाच्या नेतृत्वाखाली विद्यार्थ्यांनी घेतली भारतीय संविधानाची प्रतिज्ञा
- ^ http://220.127.116.11/Sakal/3Feb2011/Normal/Nashik/page3.htm नाशिक फेस्टीव्हल २०११
- ^ All albums released on Universal Music
PanchaRatna Vol 1
PanchaRatna Vol 2
PanchaRatna Vol 3
- ^ Universal Music
- ^ Universal Music
- ^ मराठी अस्मिता
- ^ अभिमानगीत बातमी
- ^ आठवा स्वर
- ^ The making of आठवा स्वर on YouTube
- ^ आठवा स्वर, लोकसत्ता
- ^ फुलपाखरांचा गाव
- ^ http://loksatta.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=132330:2011-01-28-15-37-24&catid=166:2009-08-11-13-00-15&Itemid=166
- ^ Details of the album in Saakal Daily
- ^ ‘खाऊचा गाव’ अल्बमचे प्रकाशन
- ^ देशदूत बातमी
- ^ News of this album in Saakal Daily
- ^ Album page on Music Company site
- झी मराठी सारेगम लिटल चॅंपस २०१० - Mugdha as an Anchor
- Selected Blogs on Mugdha
- The Conjuration Called Mugdha
- Mugdha At Her Best - A Video By Her Fans
- Zee Marathi वेबसाईट
- मुग्धा वाढदिवस अभिष्टचिंतन
- "Mugdha Zindabad"(मुग्धा झिंदाबाद)
- वैशंपायन कुलवृत्तांत जून २०१०
- सारेगमप लिटल चॅंपस २०१० - मुग्धाचे स्पेशल नाट्यगीत
FinalistsAarya Ambekar · Avanti Patel · Kartiki Gaikwad · Ketaki Mategaonkar · Mugdha Vaishampayan · Neha Karmarkar · Prathamesh Laghate · Radhika Nande · Rohit Raut · Sagar Phadke · Shalmali Sukhtankar · Shamika Bhide JudgesAvadhoot Gupte, Vaishali Samant AnchorPallavi Joshi Other SourcesEpisode List
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Aarya Ambekar — Aarya Background information Birth name Aarya Samir Ambekar Born June 16, 1994 … Wikipedia
Marathi Abhimaangeet — (in Devanagiri मराठी अभिमानगीत ) is a song written in Marathi by the noted Marathi poet Late Shri Suresh Bhat and set to tune by well known composer Kaushal Inamdar. Contents 1 Introduction 2 About the poet 3 Idea … Wikipedia