Much Ado About Nothing (2012 film)
Much Ado About Nothing Directed by Joss Whedon Produced by Joss Whedon Based on Much Ado About Nothing by
Starring Cinematography Jay Hunter Studio Bellwether Pictures Country United States Language English
Much Ado About Nothing is the first feature from Bellwether, a micro-studio created by Whedon and his wife Kai Cole. It was shot entirely on location at Whedon's house in Santa Monica in 12 days. The film was shot in black and white by director of photography Jay Hunter, largely using hand-held cameras. Whedon described the text as "a deconstruction of the idea of love, which is ironic, since the entire production is a love letter – to the text, to the cast, even to the house it’s shot in." The film was produced by Whedon, line-produced by Nathan Kelly and M. Elizabeth Hughes, and co-produced by Kai Cole and Danny Kaminsky.
Whedon asked the cast and crew to keep quiet about the project until principal photography was completed. The first public hint of the film came on Twitter postings by actors Nathan Fillion and Sean Maher and costume designer Shawna Trpcic on October 23, 2011.
- Amy Acker as Beatrice
- Alexis Denisof as Benedick
- Nathan Fillion as Dogberry
- Clark Gregg as Leonato
- Reed Diamond as Don Pedro
- Fran Kranz as Claudio
- Sean Maher as Don John
- Spencer Treat Clark as Borachio
- Riki Lindhome as Conrade
- Ashley Johnson as Margaret
- Emma Bates as Ursula
- Tom Lenk as Verges
- Nick Kocher as First Watchman
- Brian McElhaney as Second Watchman
- Joshua Zar as Leonato’s aide
- Paul M. Meston as Friar Francis
- Romy Rosemont as The Sexton
- Jillian Morgese as Hero
Clark Gregg, who was working with the director on The Avengers at the time, stepped in at very short notice to play the role of Leonato, which was originally intended for Anthony Head who was unavailable.
- In Your Eyes
- ^ a b c d e "Much Ado Press Release" (Press release). Bellweather Pictures. October 24, 2011. http://muchadothemovie.com/documents/MuchAdoPressRelease.pdf. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- ^ a b c d Vary, Adam B. (October 24, 2011). "Joss Whedon on his secret film of 'Much Ado About Nothing': 'This is the best vacation I've ever taken'". Entertainment Weekly. http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/10/24/joss-whedon-sean-maher-amy-acker-much-ado-exclusive/. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- ^ "Director of Photography Jay Hunter Talks Much Ado About Joss". Whedonverse. October 29, 2011. http://www.whedonverse.net/features/interviews/much-ado-about-nothing-director-of-photography-jay-hunter/. Retrieved November 4, 2011.
- ^ Nordyke, Kimberly (October 24, 2011). "Joss Whedon's Star Sean Maher Reveals 'Much Ado About Nothing' Secrets". The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/joss-whedon-much-ado-about-nothing-sean-maher-nathan-fillion-252557. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- ^ Nordyke, Kimberly (October 23, 2011). "Joss Whedon Teases Mysterious New Project 'Much Ado About Nothing'". The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/joss-whedon-nathan-fillion-much-ado-about-nothing-252323. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
Joss Whedon TelevisionCreatedDirectedWrittenRoseanne · Parenthood FilmWritten & directedWritten & producedThe Cabin in the Woods · In Your EyesWrittenScript doctor ComicsWritten Online Media Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Much Ado About Nothing (1993 film) — Much Ado About Nothing Theatrical release poster Directed by Kenneth Branagh … Wikipedia
Much Ado About Nothing (disambiguation) — Much Ado About Nothing is a comedy by William Shakespeare. Much Ado About Nothing may also refer to: Much Ado About Nothing (1993 film) Much Ado About Nothing (2012 film) Much Ado About Nothing (opera) This disambiguation page lists articles… … Wikipedia
The Avengers (2012 film) — The Avengers Teaser poster Directed by Joss Whedon Produced by Kevin … Wikipedia
Frankenstein (1994 film) — Frankenstein Theatrical release poster Directed by Kenneth Branagh[1 … Wikipedia
1993 in film — List of years in film (table) … 1983 . 1984 . 1985 . 1986 . 1987 . 1988 . 1989 … 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 … … Wikipedia
performing arts — arts or skills that require public performance, as acting, singing, or dancing. [1945 50] * * * ▪ 2009 Introduction Music Classical. The last vestiges of the Cold War seemed to thaw for a moment on Feb. 26, 2008, when the unfamiliar strains … Universalium
Billie Piper — at a book signing for Growing Pains Born Lianne Piper 22 September 1982 (1982 09 22) (age 29) … Wikipedia
David Tennant — David Tennant, Comic Con 2009 David Tennant (* 18. April 1971 in Bathgate, West Lothian, Schottland; als David John McDonald) ist ein schottischer Schauspieler. Neben Erfolgen am britischen Theater ist er vor allem für seine Darstellung des… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Judi Dench — Dame Judi Dench Dench at the 2007 BAFTAs. Born Judith Olivia Dench 9 December 1934 (1934 12 09) (age 76) … Wikipedia
David Tennant — This article is about the Scottish actor. For the Cape Colony politician, see David Tennant (Cape politician). David Tennant David Tennant at Comic Con 2009. Born David John … Wikipedia