Background information Birth name Gheorghe Mihai Ilie Born January 27, 1958
Origin Bucharest Genres Jazz, pop, classical Occupations arranger, violinist, basist, pianist Years active 1973–present Labels Major & Minor, Electrecord Website Misu Ilie
Misu Ilie (born Gheorghe Mihai Ilie; January 27, 1958, Bucharest, Romania) is a romanian - swedish musician, composer, arranger and violinist.
Misu Ilie was born in Bucharest, Romania into a family of musicians. At six years of age he began the study of violin at the Music School in Bucharest and later he became attracted to piano as well. He began playing for the Radio Bucharest Big Band Orchestra led by renowned conductor Sile Dinicu when he was 14 years old as violinist and 1979 as bass player. This period was very fruitful for him as he started playing at a high professional level in the studio and live concerts. He burned for his profession so he began to compose his own songs making at the same time various musical arrangements (pop and easy-jazz) for the orchestra he played with and for many other musicians and bands too in Bucharest area as well. In 1984 Misu had his "breakthrough" as a composer/arranger with the song "Sa fii om". Commission of composers who decided the awards has included the highest level names in the romanian musical life like Florin Bogardo, Alexandru Pascanu, Sile Dinicu, etc. When the prizes shared, Pascanu which among many other own compositions and books wrote two thick classical harmony books also, came personally behind the scene and congratulated Misu Ilie saying that listening to his song he took a spiritual shower in terms of musical arrangement. Misu´s answer was: "my knowledge of classical harmony is thanks to your thicks books which I studied for a while now". Furthermore he had studied two years classical harmony and jazz for one of the most important exponents of the Romanian jazz music: Richard Bartzer.
In 1988 Misu Ilie emigrated together with his family to Sweden. Here he plays as violinist with many Swedish professional orchestras, continuing to arrange all kinds of music (especially smooth and contemporary jazz). Being more attracted by solo career, in 2000 Misu founded with Victoria "Major & Minor"/"Victoria och George violin duo" and since then they are performing all over the Skåne area. For Misu the music never was just a job but the essence of life what did he never sought cooperation with the managers or large orchestras looking only for great profits at the expense of artistic quality.
Participation in music contests as composer/arranger
- Bucharest 1981 - Slagare in devenire
- Bucharest 1982 - Slagare in devenire
- Mamaia 1983 - Slagare in devenire
- Bucharest 1984 - Concursul Cantecului politic pentru tineret (Misu gets 2nd prize with song called "Sa fii om")
Vocal / instrumental music and songs excerpt
- Viata incepe printre jucarii
- Calendarul veseliei
- S-a indragostit un fulg de nea
- Orice zi
- La cascada in Cismigiu
- Sa fii om
- Drumul spre sufletul tau
- Ai venit
- Vantul este un hoinar
- Lumina de Primavara (1981 vocal version), (2011 instrumental version Spring drops)
- Bine ai venit copile
- De dragul tau
- O iubire a renascut
- Si ce-ar putea
- Ouverture in 4/4 (instrumental)
- Here we are (Instrumental)
- Poco de tumbao (instrumental)
- Between 2 worlds (instrumental jazz ballad)
In 1979, during military (as violinist) at "Ansamblul Artistic Doina al Armatei" Symphony Orchestra Bucharest, Misu met Victoria Vulpe who was concert-master of that orchestra. One year after, they initiated a relationship that led into marriage. In 1981 they had a son, Mihai. Since moving to Sweden in 1988, Misu and Victoria play at the same orchestras having always the same agenda as well.
- Karlsson, Mattias (25 januari 2008). "Hjärtat styr låtvalet". Sydsvenskan (Sweden): pp. Familj - Födelsedag. http://www.sydsvenskan.se/familj/fodelsedag/article296281/Hjartat-styr-latvalet.html.
- Lovén, Maria (23 januari 2011). "Få kvinnor bland föreläsare". Sydsvenskan (Sweden): pp. Omkretsen - Svedala. http://www.sydsvenskan.se/omkretsen/svedala/article1362988/Fa-kvinnor-bland-forelasare.html.
- Nicolescu, George, Vinyl,LP,Album: Ordinea De Zi, http://www.discogs.com/George-Nicolescu-Ordinea-De-Zi/release/1085880, retrieved 1983
- Malmö/Sweden, Studieförbundet Vuxenskolan, Kulturarrangemang, http://www.sv.se/sv/Hemsidesmallar/Avdelningar/malmo/Verksamhet-for-personer-med-funktionshinder/, retrieved 2011
- Victoria och George Violin duo, Referenser (11 april 2005), "Violinmusik väcker minnen", article from Sydsvenskan (Sweden), http://vgvd.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/violinmusik-vacker-minnen.pdf
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of senior Securitate officers — This is a list of senior Securitate officers. The General Direction for the Security of the People , better known by its Romanian abbreviation, Securitate , was officially founded on August 30, 1948 by Decree 221/30. However, it had effectively… … Wikipedia
Mircea Geoană — President of the Senate of Romania Incumbent Assumed office December 19, 2008 Prec … Wikipedia
Romanian Cabinet — The current Cabinet of the Government of Romania is composed of 18 ministers, listed below:* Călin Constantin Anton Popescu Tăriceanu Prime minister * vacant State Minister in charge of coordination of the activities in the field of culture,… … Wikipedia
Cristian Diaconescu — Diaconescu at a meeting with United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, May 2009 Minister of Justice In office 10 March 2004 – 28 December 2004 … Wikipedia
Matei-Agathon Dan — (born September 17, 1949) is a Romanian economist and politician. A member of the Social Democratic Party (PSD), he was a member of the Romanian Chamber of Deputies for Bacău County from 1992 to 2004. In the Nicolae Văcăroiu cabinet, he was… … Wikipedia
Mihail Kogălniceanu — For other uses, see Mihail Kogălniceanu (disambiguation). Mihail Kogălniceanu Prime Minister of Romania In office October 11, 1863 – January 26, 1865 … Wikipedia
Nicolae Văcăroiu — Acting President of Romania In office 20 April 2007 – 23 May 2007 Prime Minister Că … Wikipedia
Ion Heliade Rădulescu — Infobox Writer name = Ion Heliade Rădulescu imagesize = 180px caption = Portrait of Heliade Rădulescu, by Mişu Popp pseudonym = Ion Heliade, Eliad birthdate = birth date|1802|1|6 birthplace = Târgovişte, Wallachia deathdate = death date and… … Wikipedia
Ion Heliade-Rădulescu — Retrato de Ion Heliade Rădulescu, por Mişu Popp Nombre completo Ion Heliade Rădulescu … Wikipedia Español
Dimitrie Sturdza — (Romanian pronunciation: [diˈmitri.e ˈsturza], in full Dimitrie A. Sturdza Miclăuşanu; 1833 – 1914) was a Romanian statesman of the late 19th century, and president of the Romanian Academy between 1882 and 1884. Biography Born in … Wikipedia