Michelle Dipp, M.D., Ph.D., is a co-founder and CEO of OvaScience, a company focused on improving the success of IVF, as well as a founder and partner of Longwood Fund, a healthcare venture capital firm that founds and invests in healthcare companies.. 
Dipp is currently the CEO of OvaScience, a fertility company trying to improve the quality of eggs and increase the success of in vitro fertilization. Dipp co-founded the company in 2011 along with Richard Aldrich and Christoph Westphal M.D., Ph.D., of Longwood Fund, along with fertility expert and Harvard Medical School Professor Jonathan Tilly, Ph.D. of Massachusetts General Hospital, and aging expert and Harvard Medical School Professor David Sinclair, Ph.D.
Prior to launching Longwood Founders Fund in February 2010, Dipp was the senior vice president and head of the Centre of Excellence for External Drug Discovery (ceedd) at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). Dipp and Christoph Westphal resigned their positions on the board of the Healthy Lifespan Institute. Prior to managing GSK’s ceedd, Dipp was the vice president of corporate development at Sirtris, which is developing new drug candidates that target the sirtuins—a recently discovered family of enzymes that appear to control aging—to treat diseases of aging, including Type 2 Diabetes, inflammatory diseases and cancer. Founded in 2004 by Christoph Westphal and David Sinclair, Sirtris was one of the first pharmaceutical companies focused on the sirtuin platform. Dipp led the acquisition of Sirtris by GSK in 2008 for $720 million.
Before joining Sirtris as a founding employee, Dipp worked in health care private equity at The Wellcome Trust, London. Dipp did her post-doctoral research in the departments of Pharmacology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford. She is the author of a recently published book titled "Pulmonary Hypertension and Hypopxic Pulmonary Vasoconstriction". She holds an M.D. and a Ph.D. in pulmonary physiology from the University of Oxford.
- 2010 Mass High Tech Women to Watch 
- Boston Business Journal 40-under-40 honoree (2009) 
- Recognition as an Emerging Pharma Leader by Pharmaceutical Executive magazine (2009) 
- PharmaVOICE 100, a list of the 100 most inspiring people in the life-sciences industry (2009) 
- Stevie Award for Women in Business in the category of Best Executive of a non-services business under 100 employees (2008) 
- Tech Dealmaker of the Year Award in the category of Life Sciences Mergers and Acquisitions (2008) 
- ^ "OvaScience". Ovascience website. 2011. http://www.ovascience.com/. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- ^ "Michelle Dipp Bio". Longwood Founders Fund website. 2011. http://www.longwoodfund.com/people/. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- ^ "OvaScience Leadership". OvaScience website. http://ovascience.com/leadership/. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- ^ "Could OvaScience's mitochondrial boost improve the success rate of older women going through IVF?". Boston.com website. http://www.boston.com/business/technology/innoeco/2011/10/could_ovasciences_mitochondria.html. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- ^ Sirtris' Westphal, Aldrich and Dipp launch VC firm
- ^ Hobson, Katherine (2010-08-13). "WelcomeGlaxoSmithKline Tells Execs to Leave Nonprofit Selling Resveratrol Supplements". Wall Street Journal. http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2010/08/13/glaxosmithkline-tells-execs-to-leave-nonprofit-selling-resveratrol-supplements/. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- ^ "Sirtris website". Sirtris website. http://www.sirtrispharma.com/index.html. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- ^ "Michelle Dipp’s interview with Xconomy.com regarding the GSK acquisition of Sirtris". http://www.xconomy.com/2008/04/22/sirtris-exec-says-acquisition-by-glaxosmithkline-is-great-for-boston/. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- ^ "Link to purchase book". Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/dp/3639164024. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- ^ "Mass High Tech Announces 2010 Women to Watch". http://www.masshightech.com/stories/2010/01/18/weekly17-New-England-technology-leaders-recognized-as-MHT-Women-to-Watch.html. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- ^ "Boston Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 winners". 2009-08-05. http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2009/08/03/daily25.html. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- ^ "Emerging Pharma Leader". Pharmaceutical Executive Podcast. http://pharmexec.findpharma.com/pharmexec/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=635017. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- ^ "PharmaVOICE 100 list". http://www.pharmavoice.com/archives/article.esiml?id=1750. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- ^ "Stevie Award Winners". http://www.stevieawards.com/pubs/women/awards/414_2597_19664.cfm. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- ^ "Tech Dealmaker of the Year Award Winners". http://www.masshightech.com/stories/2008/12/01/daily47-MHT-ACG-Boston-name-eight-companies-as-top-tech-dealmakers-for-2008.html. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dipp — may refer to: Hélio Dipp, a Brazilian light heavyweight professional mixed martial artist Michelle Dipp, a co founder and CEO of OvaScience, a company focused on improving the success of IVF This page or section lists people with the surname Dipp … Wikipedia
David Sinclair (biologist) — David A. Sinclair PhD is a biologist best known for his research on the biology of lifespan extension and driving research towards treating diseases of ageing. Contents 1 Current position 2 Research 3 Sirtris Pharmaceuticals … Wikipedia
Paso Del Norte Group — The Paso Del Norte Group (PDNG) is a private organization of approximately 360 business and civic leaders of El Paso, Texas, United States. The group, meant to be representative of the El Paso region, also includes members from Ciudad Juárez,… … Wikipedia
Universite de Nantes — Université de Nantes Université de Nantes Informations Fondation 4 avril 1460 Type Université publique … Wikipédia en Français