Mesquite Solar project
The Mesquite Solar project is a photovoltaic solar power plant being built in Arlington, Maricopa County, Arizona, owned by Sempra Generation. Phase 1 will have a nameplate capacity of 150 megawatts. The project has enough land for at least 600 MW.
Mesquite Solar 1 will use 800,000 solar panels bought from Suntech Power. The EPC contractor is Zachry Holdings. Construction began in 2011 and will be completed in 2013. Mesquite 1 is projected to generate more than 350 gigawatt-hours of electricity annually, and that clean electricity could offset roughly 200,000 tons of carbon emissions each year.
- ^ a b "Sempra Generation contracts with PG&E for 150 mw of solar power". Sempra Energy. October 12, 2010. http://public.sempra.com/newsreleases/viewpr.cfm?PR_ID=2536&Co_Short_Nm=SE. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- ^ a b "Mesquite Solar". Sempra Generation. http://www.semprageneration.com/mesquite_solar.htm. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- ^ a b Wesoff, Eric (February 3, 2011). "Suntech to Supply 800,000 PV Panels for Sempra’s Mesquite 1". Greentech Media. http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/Suntech-to-Supply-800000-PV-Panels-for-Sempras-Mesquite-1/. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- ^ Woody, Todd (February 4, 2011). "Arizona Solar Plant Picks Chinese Supplier". The New York Times. http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/04/arizona-solar-plant-picks-chinese-supplier/. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- ^ a b "Sempra Generation Selects Suntech and Zachry for Landmark Arizona Solar Power Plant". Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd.. February 3, 2011. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sempra-generation-selects-suntech-and-zachry-for-landmark-arizona-solar-power-plant-115175994.html. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- ^ Goossens, Ehren (February 3, 2011). "Sempra Buying Suntech Panels for 150-Megawatt Solar Project". Bloomberg.com. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-03/sempra-buying-suntech-panels-for-150-megawatt-solar-project-in-arizona.html?cmpid=msnmoney. Retrieved 2011-02-06. "Scott Crider, a Sempra Generation spokesman, would not give a price for the Mesquite project. Photovoltaic “projects can range from $3.5 to $5.5 million per megawatt, that’s the general industry standard,” he said in an interview."
- ^ "Mesquite Solar Energy Project". Sempra Generation. http://www.semprageneration.com/Images/mesquite_map_lg.jpg. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- Solar power in Arizona
Power stations in Arizona Coal-fired
Hydroelectric dams Wind farms Solar thermal plants Nuclear plants Utility companies Solar power in the United States American Council on Renewable Energy · Solar Energy Industries Association Solar power by stateArizona · California · Hawaii · Nevada · New Jersey · New Mexico · Oregon Solar power plants Planned or
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project — Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project … Wikipedia
Desert Sunlight Project — The Desert Sunlight Project is a 550 MW solar power plant under construction, that will use approximately 8.8 million cadmium telluride thin film solar photovoltaic modules made by First Solar. Project construction will take place in two phases,… … Wikipedia
Copper Mountain Solar Facility — Copper Mountain Solar Facility … Wikipedia
Mojave Solar Park — Country United States Location Mojave Desert, California Status Under construction Developer(s) Abengoa Solar … Wikipedia
Nevada Solar One — is a concentrated solar power plant, with a nominal capacity of 64 MW and maximum capacity of 75 MW spread over an area of 400 Acres. The projected CO2 emissions avoided is equivalent to taking approximately 20,000 cars off the road annually. The … Wikipedia
Davidson County Solar Farm — The Davidson County Solar Farm is a 17.2 megawatt solar power station located in the heart of North Carolina, near the community of Linwood. SunEdison built the array of photovoltaic panels, and Duke Energy buys all the output from the solar farm … Wikipedia
Martin Next Generation Solar Energy Center — The Martin Next Generation Solar Energy Center is a hybrid 75 megawatt (MW) parabolic trough solar energy plant, built by Florida Power Light Company (FPL). The solar plant is a component of the 3,705 MW Martin County Power Plant, which is… … Wikipedia
Nellis Solar Power Plant — Nellis Solar Power Plant, the second largest photovoltaic power plant in North America … Wikipedia
DeSoto Next Generation Solar Energy Center — President Barack Obama talks at the DeSoto Next Generation Solar Energy Center … Wikipedia
Community solar farm — A community solar farm or solar garden is a solar power installation that accepts capital from and provides credit for the output and tax benefits to individual and other investors. The power output of the farm is credited to the investors in… … Wikipedia