Melodic.net URL www.melodic.net Slogan We rock, do you? Type of site Music webzine Owner Pär Winberg, Johan Wippsson Created by Pär Winberg Launched April 13, 1999 Current status Online
Melodic.net is a Swedish daily Internet publication devoted to music criticism and commentary, music news, and artist interviews. Its focus is on rock music. However, the range of musical genres covered extends to pop, classical, folk, electronic, jazz, metal, and experimental music. Melodic.net is the Europe's leading site for alternative rock and one of the world leading webzine about rock music.
The site, which was established in 1999, concentrates on new music, but Melodic.net journalists also review reissued albums and box sets. The site has published "best-of" lists as annual features detailing the best albums of each year since 1995.
The webzine was created in Skogås, Sweden on April 13, 1999 with the name of Midwestern Skies by the music industrialist Pär Winberg, which has worked for EMI, A&R, The Real Group, and Robert Well among others. Early 2002 saw a complete renovation of the website's layout and in May of that year, Midwestern Skies moved to the domain Melodic.net. In 2003 the site had expanded to competition, features, and columns. It had also begun garnering a following for both its extensive coverage of underground music and its writing style, which was often unhindered by the conventions of print journalism. In 2005, was changed the site's layout and was introduced the slogan "We will rock ya!!". In 2006 several features have also sporadically been provided by the site's staff writers, including live reviews, interviews, exclusive MP3 streams, and year-end features. From 2006 to 2011 was used the slogan "All the latest in rock!". Since 2011 is used a new layout and the slogan "We rock, do you?".
Melodic.net operates a simple 5-point rating system, starting at 1, that allows .5 intervals. Reviewers labeled the album "Fabolous"; "Great"; "Good"; "Pretty Good"; "Ok"; "Poor"; their most favorably regarded albums, "Essential"; and for the least favored albums, "Lousy".
End of Year lists
- 1995: Goo Goo Dolls – A Boy Named Goo
- 1996: Angie Aparo – Out Of The Everywhere
- 1997: The Devlins – Waiting
- 1998: Goo Goo Dolls – Dizzy Up the Girl
- 1999: The Gufs – Holiday from You
- 2000: John Hiatt – Crossing Muddy Waters
- 2001: John Mayer – Room for Squares
- 2002: Bryan Adams – Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
- 2003: Spymob – Sitting Around Keeping Score
- 2004: Survivor – Ultimate Survivor
- 2005: Various Artists – The Masters of Melodic Rock
- 2006: Mutemath – Mutemath
- 2007: Balance – In for the Count
- 2008: Tim Christensen – Superior
- 2009: Marianas Trench – Masterpiece Theatre
- 2010: Trillion – Trillion
- ^ a b "Här utbildar vi nästa generations oslagbara musikbransch!" (in Swedish). The Music Factory. MTV Networks. http://www.musicfactory.se/lineup/stab.aspx. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- ^ "Online Modern rock Music – Melodic Net". Live365. http://www.live365.com/stations/winberg. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- ^ Roth, Kaj (2008-05-03). "Interview with Steve Stevens". Melodic.net. http://www.melodic.net/interviewsOne.asp?interviewId=215. Retrieved 2010-09-05.
- ^ "Best Of Year". Melodic.net. http://www.melodic.net/?page=toplist. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- ^ "Midwestern Skies". Angelfire.com. Archived from the original on 1999-10-12. http://web.archive.org/web/19990224122814/www.angelfire.com/ms/MidwesternSkies/. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- ^ "Melodic.net Site Info". Alexa. Amazon.com. http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/melodic.net. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- ^ "Melodic.net". Melodic.net. Archived from the original on 2002-05-25. http://web.archive.org/web/20021127025720/www.melodic.net/. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- ^ "melodic.net – We will rock ya!!". Melodic.net. Archived from the original on 2005-12-24. http://web.archive.org/web/20051224115722/http://www.melodic.net/. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- ^ "melodic.net – All the latest in rock!". Melodic.net. Archived from the original on 2006-12-27. http://web.archive.org/web/20061227013843/http://www.melodic.net/. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- ^ "Melodic Net – We rock, do you?". Melodic.net. http://www.melodic.net/. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- ^ "Soular (NM)". PureVolume. http://www.purevolume.com/soularnm. Retrieved 2010-09-05.
- ^ "Audiovision – The Calling". Rivel Records. http://www.rivelrecords.com/review.php?id=184. Retrieved 2010-09-05.
- ^ "Interviews & Reviews". Harem Scarem. http://www.haremscarem.net/index.php?view=views. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of melodic death metal bands — Carcass, shown here performing at Gods of Metal festival in Bologna, Italy (2008), helped define the melodic death metal genre with their 1994 album Heartwork. This is a list of melodic death metal bands. Melodic death metal is a … Wikipedia
Fightstar — Frontman Charlie Simpson (left) and bassist Dan Haigh (right) in 2010. Background information Origin London, England … Wikipedia
Masterpiece Theatre (Marianas Trench album) — For the album by En Vogue, see Masterpiece Theatre (album). Masterpiece Theatre Studio album by Marianas Trench … Wikipedia
Cartel (band) — Cartel Cartel performing on June 25, 2008 in Del Mar, California. Background information Origin Conyers, Georgia, USA … Wikipedia
Eye Empire — Origin Florida/Georgia/Ohio, U.S. Genres Alternative metal, hard rock, post grunge Years active 2009 (2009)–present … Wikipedia
Be Human (album) — Be Human Studio album by Fightstar Released April 20, 2009 (see r … Wikipedia
Not Without a Fight — Studio album by New Found Glory Released March 10, 2009 (see … Wikipedia
Список исполнителей поп-панка — … Википедия
James and Tom Martin — James David Martin and Thomas Richard Martin (twins born December 2 1977 in York, UK), are English musicians and songwriters. Thomas (Tom) plays guitar and James plays keyboards. As well as playing in several bands, they have co written songs… … Wikipedia
Run Through The Desert — is a Los Angeles based power rock trio consisting of Yogi Lonich, Corey McCormick and Jason Sutter. They met while on tour as part of former Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog and Audioslave lead singer Chris Cornell s band. The band is currently… … Wikipedia