International availability of McDonald's products
McDonald's Corporation is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving more than 58 million customers daily in 119 countries. In addition to its signature restaurant chain, McDonald’s Corporation held a minority interest in Pret A Manger until 2008, was a major investor in the Chipotle Mexican Grill until 2006, and owned the restaurant chain Boston Market until 2007.
In order to satisfy customers or conform to religious beliefs worldwide, McDonald's offers a regionalized version of its menu. This results in products that are specific to particular regions and which are not seen in other countries the company operates in.
- 1 Africa
- 2 Asia
- 3 Europe
- 4 North America
- 5 Oceania
- 6 South America
- 7 Gallery
- 8 See also
- 9 References
In summer of 2008 McDonald's introduced Fish Fingers with tartar dipping sauce as a side dish. A Chicken Big Mac, which is the same as a standard Big Mac, though it is made with breaded chicken the same thickness as a Big Mac patty. In 2001, McDonald's introduced the McFalafel sandwich. Another menu item is the Fish Mac, with two fish patties. Also introduced to the Cairo McDonald's in early 2010 are Egyptian Cookies.
The McArabia, a grilled chicken sandwich served on a flatbread is sold in the Middle East. In 2005, the McSahara was briefly sold. In late 2006, the Chicken Mythic, Petit Plaisirs (Small Pleasures, a sandwich usually made from chicken or beef), and a 280 gram Recette Moutarde (Mustard Burger) were all released. The McFlurry flavors rotate and as of 2010 include Carambar. During the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, a special menu is offered for the breaking of the fast that includes local specialties such as dates, milk, and harira.
In addition to McArabia, McDonald's restaurants in Bahrain, beginning in March 2008, sell the McCrispy, a meal consisting of one, two, or three chicken strips served in a wrapper for a single strip or in a box for two or three, with a choice of barbecue, sweet and sour, or garlic sauce. As in all of McDonald's restaurants in the Muslim Middle East, all food served in Bahraini outlets is halal.
They also include crispy chicken wings (called McWings) on their menu, which comes in two, four and six pieces.
There is also a seasonal Chinese New Year meal available, including the Grilled Chicken Burger, curly fries, with a horoscope of the twelve zodiac animals of Chinese astrology and traditional red packets (lai see), for monetary gift giving as good luck. Note that all chicken burgers offered in Chinese McDonald's use thigh fillet (e.g. Premium Grilled Thigh Fillet Burger, Hot and Spicy Grilled Thigh Fillet Burger), rather than breast meat as per usual in occidental countries.
The Big 'n' Tasty is sold as the Big 'n' Beefy in the Chinese market and is topped with cheese, cucumber and mild-spicy Thousand Island dressing.
Pies come in two standard flavors - pineapple and taro (a kind of sweet potato), although limited flavors including chocolate, banana and azuki bean have also been offered.
A unique feature of Chinese McDonald's is the 'McExpress' walk-up window, which sells a small range of drinks and ice cream desserts and are usually located on the outside of a building. Most McExpress windows are attached to restaurants but in some cases can be physically independent but usually managed by a nearby restaurant and are typically located in shopping malls, department stores and subway stations.
McDonald's China offers a delivery service in most major cities - the delivery number within China is 4008 517 517, as the Chinese pronunciation of 517 is wu yao/yi qi, which sounds similar to wo yao chi, meaning "I want to eat". Deliveries are taken 24 hours a day via a call center to anywhere that is within 5 km of a restaurant (3 km in several cities). Deliveries are usually made by electrically powered scooters, although in several cities where motorcycle bans are in place, a conventional courier bicycle is used. Food is normally carried in a large insulated backpack. An additional RMB¥7 (approx USD$1.20, GBP/EUR.70c) delivery fee is added.
McDonald's sells beef and chicken burgers. Fried chicken wings (McWings) and nuggets (Chicken McNuggets) are also popular. In some restaurants, a separate counter sells ice cream and desserts to pedestrians. Soft serve ice cream can be ordered with either azuki bean or mung bean. Some restaurants have a section for the McCafé. Apart from the general menu, it also promotes some other foods seasonally or longer, like spicy French fries, the Shogun Burger (a teriyaki pork patty with lettuce, served in a sesame seed bun), Grilled Chicken Burger, twisted macaroni breakfasts, salads, soups, pineapple or red bean sundae, pineapple pies, taco flatbreads with pork, beef or chicken, Rice Fantastic (a burger-like entree with rice patties in place of buns) and many others. A cup of corn is always available as a substitute for French fries in a set-menu, or for purchase on its own. Hong Kong hosts some of the world's busiest McDonald's with many operating round the clock. It also sells many toys or dolls, like Hello Kitty, Snoopy, and Disney figures in addition to set meals, which are very popular. In Chinese New Year, red packets are included in set meals. During the local Bun Festival, McDonald's restaurant on the island of Cheung Chau sells mushroom burgers instead of hamburgers and any other items that contain meat. In Kowloon Park, there is also a small counter named Snack Station selling ice cream, as well as a counter that sells McDonald's drinks in the swimming pool.
- Shake Shake Fries - flavored French fries. Shake Shake Fries are only available in certain periods of time throughout the year. There are several different flavors including seaweed, chargrill, French onion and salt and pepper.
- Double Filet-O-Fish is available on the late night menu.
- Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese is available on the late night menu.
- Pasta soups with sausage or chicken are available on the breakfast menu.
- As part of the Amazing Value Menu, different flavors of the pie are available every period of the year.
- Limited Time: Wasabi Filet O' Fish
- Limited Time: Shrimp Burger
Beef and pork products are not offered to observe Indian religious sensitivities. Halal certified chicken and fish are the only meat products used in India.
In India, meat and vegetarian meals are prepared in separate areas of the restaurant because of religious laws about preparation of food for vegetarians and meat-eaters. Cooks preparing vegetarian dishes wear distinctive green aprons.
The Vegetable McCurry Pan, the famous dish is very popular and is an original creation of McDonald's across India. It starts with a rectangular shaped crust that is topped with a creamy sauce, mushrooms and vegetables including broccoli and bell pepper. It is then baked until the crust is crisp and the toppings are hot and bubbly.
The Chicken McCurry Pan is the same as its vegetarian version. It starts off with a rectangle of dough and is topped with a tomato-curry sauce, spiced with thyme, basil and oregano. It is finished off with chicken, bell peppers, and cheese and is baked till crisp and bubbly.
There is an Indian version of the Big Mac, called the Maharaja Mac, which is made with two grilled chicken patties and is topped with onions, tomatoes, cheese and a spicy mayonnaise. It was originally made with lamb, but is now made with chicken.
The Paneer Salsa Wrap is sold in India. It starts with a small slab of paneer that has been dredged in a coating that is a cross between Mexican and Cajun in flavor. It is fried and the paneer patty is wrapped in flatbread and topped with a mixture that includes lettuce, red cabbage and celery and then is finished off with vegetarian mayonnaise, salsa and cheddar cheese.
Other items on the Indian menu include chicken and fish products like the McChicken and the Filet-O-Fish.
The vegetarian burger menu consists of the McAloo Tikki Burger. It is a veggie burger which includes a patty made out of potatoes, peas, and spices. It also includes tomato slices, onions, and vegetarian mayonnaise.
McVeggie is another vegetarian burger on the menu. It looks similar to the McAloo Tikki Burger (see above), but starts with a sesame seed bun. In between the bread, you'll find a vegetarian patty that is made from peas, carrots, green beans, red bell pepper, potatoes, onions, rice, and seasoning. The burger is then garnished with lettuce and has mayonnaise (referred to as Veg Sauce in India) spread thickly on the bread. Another menu item sold there is the Chicken McGrill. It starts off with a thin grilled chicken patty that is embellished with cilantro mayonnaise, onions and tomatoes and is served on a toasted bun.
Another vegetarian menu item in India is the Crispy Chinese. It starts with a vegetarian patty topped with a creamy Szechuan sauce and lettuce. Another new menu item added is the McSurprise burger. It contains a mutton patty, onion and Italian mayonnaise.
There is also a Pizza McPuff, which also starts with a rectangular shaped crust, but instead of a creamy sauce, it is flavored with a tomato-based sauce and then is topped with carrots, beans, bell peppers, onions, peas and mozzarella cheese.
Recently a breakfast menu is introduced in selected outlets. The menu includes veg items like Veggie McMuffin, hash browns, Cuppa Corn, hotcakes with maple syrup, and Spinach and Corn McMuffin. The non-vegetable menu features egg and cheese McMuffin, Sausage McMuffin and Chicken Salami McMuffin. These products are available at selected outlets from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
All McDonald's in Indonesia are certified halal.
Local menu items:
- Crispy chicken and hot chicken: Fried chicken, which is by far more popular than the hamburgers.
- McRice: Small mound of steamed, plain rice (larger rice item is called Supersize Rice).
- McSoup: Chicken flavored soup with bits of croutons and vegetables.
- McSatay: Bun containing a beef patty covered with satay sauce (spicy ground peanut sauce).
- Bubur ayam or chicken congee.
- Beef Prosperity Burger: Consists of two beef patties covered in black pepper sauce and topped with diced onions. Sold during the Chinese New Year.
McDonald's sells most of the items in combo packages, such as Paket Hemat or Pahe (Saver Combo) and Paket Nasi or Panas (Rice Combo). Chilli sauce, an essential component of Indonesian cuisine, and ketchup are available.
Since 2011, McDonald's Indonesia tends to open new restaurants in residential areas and not in shopping malls due to shopping malls open later. It is inline with new package of breakfast may be bought from 5:00am to 11:00am.
- McShawarma (shawarma served in flatbread) and McKebab (kebab served on flatbread) are specialty items on the Israeli menu. On January 18, 2011 McDonald's introduced the McFalafel sandwich in Israel, but subsequently withdrew the item on 12 July 2011.
- In Israel, most branches are non-Kosher since they serve cheeseburgers (mixing dairy products and meat violates Kosher food requirements) and they serve milk based desserts (ice cream, milkshakes). In the Kosher branches they do not serve either, though some Kosher branches do serve milk based desserts, but in a separate booth, which allows separation of dairy and meat.
- Regular menu items include:
- Teriyaki McBurger: Ground pork patties (similar to breakfast sausage patties without seasoning) with mayonnaise, lettuce, and teriyaki sauce.
- McHotDog Breakfast Set: A breakfast hotdog, topped with relish, ketchup and mustard.
- Ebi-Chiki Set: Two shrimp nuggets and three chicken nuggets.
- Ebi Filet-O-Shrimp: Shrimp burger with special sauce and lettuce.
- Juicy Chicken Red Pepper Burger: Chicken burger with spicy sauce, lettuce, and mayonnaise.
- Shaka Shaka Chicken: Fried chicken patty served in a paper pouch. Comes with seasonings that are shaken in the bag.
- McPork: Pork burger with lettuce and onions.
- Bacon Lettuce Burger: Fried patty served with bacon, onions, cheese, lettuce, and Big Mac special sauce on a toasted bun.
- Fish McDippers - Four or six crispy fish nuggets, served with tartar sauce and Thai chili sauce. Also served in Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Thailand.
- Seasonal and Limited Time menu items include:
- Chicken Katsu Burger: Breaded chicken sandwich flavored with soy sauce and ginger.
- Gratin Korokke Burger: Sandwich with Korokke (breaded mashed potatoes) filled with gratin, shrimp, macaroni, shredded cabbage, and katsu sauce. Served during winter. Served with or without cheese.
- Green tea-flavored milkshakes
- Salsa Burger: Breaded chicken sandwich with salsa.
- Tamago Double Mac: Hamburger with three beef patties, pepper sauce, bacon, and a poached egg. Served with or without cheese.
- Teri Tama Burger: Teriyaki burger with egg, served during spring.
- Tsukimi Burger (lit. moon-viewing burger): Hamburger with one beef patty, fry sauce (mayonnaise and ketchup), bacon and a poached egg, served before and during Tsukimi season. The egg represents the moon. Served with or without cheese.
- Ume Nuggets: Chicken McNuggets with sour ume (plum) sauce for dipping.
- Mega Mac: A Big Mac with four beef patties instead of two.
- Mega Teriyaki: A Teriyaki style Big Mac. Two pork patties separated by a "middle bun" and with served with mayonnaise, lettuce, teriyaki sauce, and cheese.
Being a Muslim-majority country, all McDonald's in Malaysia are certified halal. Thus, pork products are not offered in Malaysian McDonald's to satisfy halal certification requirements.
The standard menu items served in Malaysia include Big Mac, Cheeseburger, Double Cheeseburger, Quarter Pounder, Big N' Tasty, McChicken, Chicken McNuggets, Fillet-O-Fish and McMuffins.
Local menu items:
- Spicy Chicken McDeluxe: A burger consists of marinated chicken thigh meat with crispy coat, with lettuce and special sauce in corn meal-bun.
- Ayam Goreng McD (Literally McD Fried Chicken): A two-piece fried chicken. Comes in regular or spicy.
- Bubur Ayam McD (Literally McD Chicken Rice Porridge): Chicken strips in rice porridge with scallions, sliced ginger, fried shallots and diced chillies.
- Beef burger: A basic beef burger, marketed under the McSaver menu.
- Chicken burger: A basic chicken burger, marketed under the McSaver menu.
Seasonal and limited-time menu items:
- Prosperity Burger: Usually available during Chinese New Year.
- Prosperity Chicken Burger: Occasionally offered at the same time as the Prosperity Burger.
- Double McChicken, Double Fillet-o-Fish, Double McDeluxe: Respective burgers with double patty, limited-time recurring items, last served in 2010.
- GCB: A burger with grilled chicken thigh topped with sauce and lettuce, served in 2010 and 2011.
- Bubur Ikan McD: Fish rice porridge, served in 2002.
- Grilled Chicken Foldover: Equivalent to McArabia, served in 2006-2007.
- Spicy McNuggets: Served during the 2006 World Cup season
- Mega Mac: A burger consisting of four beef patties, served in 2008
- Kiwi Sundae: Served in 2000 in Kuala Lumpur
McDonald's Pakistan offers the standard range of items in all its 23 outlets plus several other regional offerings similar to those available in the Middle Eastern and South Asian outlets. The McArabia and Spicy Chicken Burger is very popular. A chicken version of the Big Mac is also sold. As in many Middle Eastern restaurants, all food is served halal.
McDonald's Philippines sells items that cater to local tastes. Some of the following:
- McSpaghetti: Spaghetti noodles served in sweet tomato sauce, topped with grated pasteurized cheese.
- Burger McDo: Beef burger served with Special Sauce (a sweeter version of Thousand Island dressing) in a bun
- Hamdesal: Pandesal bun served with pineapple glaze syrup, mayonnaise and Canadian bacon. It also comes with scrambled egg, cheese or both.
- Twister Fries: Breaded twister-shaped French fries fried in vegetable oil. Only served for a limited time.
- Chicken McDo: Available in one or two pieces. Fried chicken served with rice/McSpaghetti (one piece only) and chicken gravy, also available in a spicy variant.
- Crispy Chicken Fillet: Breaded chicken fillet served with rice and chicken gravy
- Longaniza with Rice: Longaniza (Philippine chorizo) served with rice and fried egg. Available only during breakfast hours.
- McNuggets with Rice: Five Chicken McNuggets served with rice and barbecue sauce.
- Chicken Party Pack: A pack of Chicken McDo, comes in five piece orders.
- Pies come in three variations: Apple, pineapple and taro
- McRice: Steamed rice formed into buns, which replaces the bread buns with a beef or breaded chicken patty, served with lettuce and a sweet and spicy sauce. Introduced in 2001 and discontinued in 2006.
- Only selected stores serve milkshakes.
- McTeriyaki Burger: Was part of the menu during the 1990s.
McDonald's also combines most of its items to form combos, to compete with Jollibee.
The plain McDonald's hamburger (PHP42.00) costs more than the cheeseburger (PHP43.00) due to a promo.
Due to their low prices, Chicken McDo and Crispy Chicken Fillet outsell Chicken McNuggets in the country to the point where many branches do not offer the latter product. Also, select branches sell Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese by request.
In Saudi Arabia, pork products are prohibited by Islamic law. All meat sold is halal. Saudi locations also serve special burgers such as double Big Mac, Double Quarter Pounder, Chicken Big Mac, and Spicy McChicken. The McArabia is also served. McDonald's in Saudi Arabia also serves the Big Tasty, which is included in some European locations.
McDonald's in Singapore offers the McSpicy, a chicken burger with a thick thigh chop prepared with a special spicy zest. The McArabia is also offered as the Grilled Chicken Foldover. Seasonal or limited-time menu items include the Prosperity Burger (usually offered around Chinese New Year), Shaker Fries and the Quarter Pounder. It has also introduced "double" variants of its burgers, such as the Mega Mac, the McSpicy Double and the Double Quarter Pounder, doubling the meat patties of the original. Milkshakes are available only at dessert kiosks at selected outlets. Dessert kiosks also sell waffle cone ice cream with three flavors, Chocolate, Vanilla and Twist. A 24-Hour McDelivery service, which is also offered in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and South Korea, is available to locations islandwide.
Until 2002, McDonald's Singapore offered Chicken McCrispy, which was a box meal of two pieces of chicken. But since then, McDonald's has changed their menu towards providing more finger foods, e.g., Fish McDippers, Chicken McNuggets, and Chicken McWings. Chicken McWings was the direct replacement for Chicken McCrispy, though the latter is still being sold in other locations such as Taiwan.
Since March 2011, full time store workers receive S$1100 per month for working full time.
All McDonald's outlets in Singapore are Halal.
McDonald's South Korea offers the Bulgogi Burger (pork patty in bulgogi marinade). The bulgogi-flavored sauce was developed by Ottogi, a large South Korean food manufacturer that provides all of the condiments to the country's McDonalds.
Also interesting is that due to a Korean law from 2005-2008 that mandated a W100 surcharge for the use of paper cups at restaurants, most branches that were open during this time used reusable plastic cups for dine-in customers. After this law was repealed some branches have reverted back to using disposable paper cups but still use the plastic cups during the lunchtime rush. The Big Bulgogi Burger, double-patty burger with bulgogi sauce, has been introduced. An Affogato is available for dessert. A 'Bacon Tomato Deluxe' is a Big Mac with bacon, tomato, mayonnaise and sweet chili sauce, which replaces the Big Mac sauce. Since September 2010, the Shrimp Burger has been discontinued, and Chicken Nuggets have been introduced in its place. In November 2010, a Quarter Pounder has been introduced. Discontinued dessert items are the McBingsoo (Patbingsu, a Korean dessert that consiting of ice cream or frozen yogurt, topped with various fruits) and the Green Tea McFlurry.
Home delivery of the McDonald's menu is available in South Korea.
McDonald's serves the Samurai Pork Burger, flavored with teriyaki sauce and topped with lettuce and mayonnaise. The Mega Mac is available - renamed as a Double Big Mac - as a replacement for the Quarter Pounder, which is no longer available. A Double Filet-o-Fish is a permanent addition to the Thai menu, which contains two fish patties and two slices of cheese. In common with other Asian markets, McDonald's in Thailand sells fried chicken and spicy chicken wings. There are three flavors of pie available: pineapple, corn and a special limited period option (often savory, such as Italian chicken). Chilli sauce is available along with ketchup. Other Thailand-specific items that have been sold include rice patties made with jasmine rice, the Caribbean Shrimp Burger (known as the Ebi-Filet in Japan), and a salad shaker based on som tam papaya salad. In 2010-2011 Thai McDonald's cycled through many different pies, including Broccoli & Cheese, Spinach, Corn and Fish pies.
McDonald's has introduced kao fan (literally "baked rice"), a burger-like entrée with rice patties in place of buns. It is modelled on the eponymous product of McDonald's Japanese rival, MOS Burger. Taiwan has a corn soup that can be ordered as a substitute for the fries, or as its own standalone entrée. McDonald's also feature fried chicken legs to rival KFC franchises in Taiwan.
The "Croque McDo" consists of two we slices of Emmental cheese and a slice of ham toasted between two hamburger buns. This is the McDonald's approach to the more traditional Croque-monsieur snack found in France and Belgium or the McTosti in The Netherlands (only offered during breakfast).
The Quarter Pounder with cheese is labeled 'Royal Cheese', while the 'Royal Deluxe' has lettuce, tomato and pepper sauce.
The 'New York Crispy' replaced the 'Royal Crispy Bacon', and is a larger burger with lettuce, tomato, bacon, tomato sauce, mayonnaise and spicy cheese.
The 'CBO' burger is a large chicken sandwich with bacon and roasted onions.
Every three months, a new 'Petit Plezierke' is added to the menu. Jupiler is also sold as a beverage in a meal.
The McCountry sandwich is a regular menu item in Croatian McDonalds restaurants, which consits of two pork sausage patties on a plain bun with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and a special sauce (which tastes like it includes mayonnaise and spices, and includes what seems to be fried sesame seeds).
Another regular menu item is the McToast, a ham and cheese toast.
The Quarter Pounder with cheese is labeled 'Royal Cheese'.
The local mineral water from Jamnica is standard.
Seasonal and promotional offers include the Big Tasty (also with bacon), Greek offerings and Italian offerings.
Reference: mcdonalds.hr product overview
In addition to the traditional offering of a Big Mac, McDonald's Cyprus sells the Greek Mac, which includes all the ingredients of a Big Mac, although a piece of pita bread is used in place of the middle and outer buns. Also available is the Greek Chicken, which is the same as the Greek Mac except that it replaces beef patties with chicken patties.
The McChicken is sold with a seeded bun as opposed to a plain bun.
A shrimp burger is also sold during the period of Lent when Orthodox Christians don't eat meat.
The McCountry is regular menu item in the Czech Republic.
The McFeast burger is also a part of the set menu in Finland, although it differs from the original burger. The original McFeast consists of a quarter pound patty, a slice of ham, lettuce, onion, tomato and mayonnaise. The Finnish variant contains no ham and is essentially identical to the Quarter Pounder except for the fact that it contains a slice of tomato and mayonnaise.
The Big Bacon (bacon variation of Big'n'Tasty) was introduced in 2008 as speciality but was taken into part of standard menu shortly after that.
El Maco is a burger with salsa and sour cream sauce. The El Maco meal comes with a barbecue spice mixture and a paper bag in which the fries and the spice mixture are poured. By shaking the paper bag the fries get a barbecue seasoning.
As a night speciality, there is the Giant Double Cheeseburger, which is basically two Quarter Pounders slapped together (two beef patties, two slices of cheese)
In France, McDonald's offers Kronenbourg 1664 in 25 or 33 cl measures. The "Croque McDo" is also offered, and every two to three months, a new Petit Plaisir is introduced. Donuts are also available for breakfast.
The following is a list of large scale permanent menu items at McDonald' Germany.
Permanent menu additions:
- The Big Tasty and Big Tasty Bacon are now regular menu items.
- Hamburger Royal Bacon introduced to augment the Hamburger Royal/Hamburger Royal TS.
- Chicken Wraps topped with chicken, lettuce, tomato, Caesar dressing and cheese as well as its own sauce (Original, Ranch, Honey Mustard or Caesar).
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad and Crispy Chicken Salad
- The Veggieburger is a regular menu item since February 2010.
- The McRib is a permanent menu item (in other countries it's a seasonal item)
Permanent breakfast menu (test-marketed in 2006, systemwide reorganization in 2008):
- Sweet Croissant: Served with Nutella or several kinds of jam.
- McMuffin available in Sausage & Egg, Bacon & Egg or Chicken.
- Breakfast Wrap: A tortilla with scrambled eggs, two small pork patties, salad, tomato and special sauce.
- McToast Cheese, McToast Ham & Cheese, or McToast Bacon & Cheese
- Country McGriddle
- Sweet McGriddles: Two McGriddle hotcakes served with extra honey
- Side orders: scrambled eggs, Kellogg's Special K, fruit, yogurt or a combined fruit and yogurt option.
In an effort to provide a nutritional balance the breakfast meals are served with small fries or a Garden Salad as well as a small soft drink or a small orange juice (Minute Maid Premium OJ, not sold through German retail channels).
McDonald's in Nuremberg now sells the Nuremburger, a wheat bun with three small sausages in it.
Beer is no longer sold at all locations. Beer and the now-discontinued "fried chicken breast product" were initially sold to reduce culture shock. It is still served in older outlets that are owned by German brewers with leases covering the serving of beer. It is now priced higher than other outlets.
A list of promotional items from 2000-2004 is found here
In Greece, McDonald's sells the McFarm burger, which consists of two all beef patties, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and mayonnaise on a sesame seed bun. Also served there is the McToast, as in Cyprus, Spring Rolls, which are spicy rolls with vegetables and sweet and sour sauce. Also popular is the Shrimp Burger, which consists of twelve whole grilled prawns, crisp iceberg lettuce and secret sauce on a bun, the McVeggie burger, which consists of a fried chicken patty, tomatoes, lettuce, and ketchup on a sesame seed bun and the Black Tiger shrimps, which are crispy breaded shrimps served with sweet and sour sauce. Greece's version of the Big Mac, the Greek Mac, consists of two burger patties wrapped in a pita with yogurt sauce, tomato slices, iceberg lettuce and onions.
A popular item in Hungarian McDonald's is the McFarm. In Hungary, hash browns are called "McBuri".
Limited edition products available only in Hungary have included McDonald's version of the popular Hungarian breakfast food, lángos.
McDonald's sells the McKroket, a deep-fried roll containing beef ragout, similar (except for the shape) to the Dutch croquette (also spelled as kroket, hence the name) sold in snack bars. You can get "American Sauce" usually served with French fries. It is a yellow mayonnaise-like sauce with bits of what seems to be dill pickles. The ChickenSaté burger is also offered, consisting of a fried chicken piece covered with peanut sauce, a popular food in the Netherlands due to the country's connection to Indonesia.
The McFeast is also a part of the set menu, although it differs from the original burger. It contains no ham and is essentially identical to the Quarter Pounder except for the fact that it contains lettuce, a slice of tomato and mayonnaise.
Big Mac, Big Tasty, McChicken, etc. are also part of the standard menu.
Some burgers, like the El Maco, are seasonal. In Norway, cheeseburgers contain pickles.
- McKiełbasa (lit. McSausage) - A sandwich containing a thick slice of kiełbasa instead of a burger. It was a commercial failure quickly pulled off the menu.
- WieśMac (lit. CountryMac) - A highly popular seasonal product that became part of the regular menu. This sandwich used to consist of two 46g beef patties, now consists of one quarter-pound patty, with fresh onions, lettuce, one slice of cheddar cheese and two shots of mustard and horseradish sauce on a sesame-seed bun.
- Pikantny Kurczakburger (lit. Spicy Chickenburger) - Part of the Polish equivalent of a dollar menu, a chicken sandwich with lettuce and hot Mexican sauce on a regular burger bun. Quickly became a highly popular menu item.
- McRoyal and Double McRoyal - Known worldwide under various names, this basic variant of the Quarter Pounder sandwich has been on and off the menu. Since November 2007 both regular and double Royals were again part of the regular menu. Since August 27, 2008, the Double McRoyal has been discontinued.
- Big Tasty Bacon - A variation of the Big 'N' Tasty sandwich with a strip of bacon. Discontinued.
- Tortilla - Part of the regular menu, a chicken tortilla with two shots of both mayonnaise and mild Mexican sauce with lettuce and a slice of tomato. There was also a seasonal version with curry sauce, otherwise the same.
- Kanapka Zbójnicka (lit. Ruffian Sandwich, a variation of Big Rösti) - Seasonal product last available in winter 2008. Consisted of one quarter-pound beef patty, a Big Rösti hash brown potato patty, Ementaler cheese, a strip of bacon and Big Rösti sauce. Served on an onion bun.
- Kanapka Góralska (lit. Mountaineer Sandwich, otherwise known as Big Cheese) - Seasonal product last available in winter 2008. Consisted of cheddar and Ementaler cheese, one quarter-pound beef patty and fondue sauce on a square ciabatta bun.
- Kurczak Po Grecku (lit. Greek Chicken Sandwich) - A chicken patty with breadcrumbs, lettuce, tomatoes, green bell peppers, and ranch dressing. It was a commercial failure quickly pulled off the menu.
- Ciabatta Grande - Commercial failure that was quickly pulled off the menu.
- Kanapka Krewetkowa (lit. Shrimp Sandwich) - Seasonal product since 1 July 2008, since 27 August 2008 in regular menu. Consists quarter-pound patty made of twelve shrimps, lettuce and special sauce on bun with herbs.
- Beef Lang Zu - Seasonal product between July 1 and August 26, 2008. Consisted of one beef and onion patty, lettuce, wasabi sauce and karubi sauce. Served on McRib bun.
- In late 2008, McDonald's offered three dessert items in its Polish outlets, oddly associated with American states. A doughnut dessert was associated with New York, and a set of three small, fried banana-shaped dough bites filled with banana flavored filling and a caramel dipping sauce was associated with South Carolina. There is no similar food in South Carolina.
- In March 2009, a "Pick your own Tortilla" campaign was launched. One could choose from a "mild" (aside from chicken and lettuce containing fresh cucumbers, olives a mild herb sauce) or a "hot" (aside from chicken and lettuce containing tomatoes, cheddar cheese and classic spicy sauce) selection of ingredients and then have it wrapped in either plain or tomato tortilla.
Currently in McDonald's customers can order McFlurry combinations made of one topping (Nestlé Crunch, Daim, Lion, Smarties or Kit Kat) and one icing (chocolate, caramel or strawberry taste). Recent promotional toppings include M&M's, Nesquik, Nescafé Frappé, Lagnese Magnum and Nestlé Baci.
McPuisor is a type of McChicken, and it's served in the Happy Meals.
El Mexico and Greek Salad are offered in a special menu. The McCountry is on the regular menu.
The McFeast is on the regular menu. The El Maco and the El Maco Grande is a burger with salsa and a side of French fries with "taco" flavor. Items on the night menus like the "double quarter pounder" are available in the bigger cities, during weekend nights. There is also a vegetarian burger called McBean on the menu. Persons having celiac disease may order most of the hamburgers with a special gluten free bun and without any extra cost.
McDonald's offers the Turkish drink ayran and McTurco, a type of Turkish Kebab with either chicken or lamb.
A new kind of square hamburger that fits to Turkish taste is MaxBurger.
McDonald's in Turkey also serves a Kofteburger, with a spiced mincemeat patty.
McDonald's in Turkey serves onion rings, as well.
Additionally, Turkey features a sour cherry pie, which is similar to the Apple Pie. Sour cherry is a popular flavor in Turkey and the pie predates the U.S. cherry pie.
According to the Turkish McDonalds website, the meat used in the McDonalds branches in Turkey is 100% halal (does not contain pork meat), and has been supplied to them for 25 years by Pinar, a Turkish company.
United Kingdom and Ireland
"McDonald's Cola" was served instead of Coca-Cola until the early 1990s. Root beer was also available at UK McDonald's until the early 1990s when it was replaced with Diet Coke. Irn-Bru is additionally available in restaurants in Scotland. British McDonald's serve “Oatso Simple”, a porridge made by Quaker Oats introduced to the UK in 2005, before 10.30am. They also use Heinz Tomato Sauce branded products and they have a curry flavoured sauce for their McNuggets. Recent promotional items include(d)
- Apple Pie Sundae (caramel sauce drizzled over soft serve ice cream served with a miniature sized hot apple pie placed into the top)
- Mozzarella Dippers
- Big BBQ
- BBQ Chicken Premiere with Bacon
- "Great Taste Of America" burgers, oval 1/3 pound beef burgers based on four American locales (New York, Chicago, Las Vegas and Texas (2006) New York, Chicago, Arizona, and Miami (2007 onwards)) lasting 1 week each.
- Big Cheese and Bacon
- Cheese Melt Dippers
- Mincemeat and custard pie
- The CBO (renamed as the BCO for 2011)
- The Summer Chorizo Supreme
- The Big Tasty (with bacon)
The McChicken Premiere Sandwich was permanently removed from the menu, and replaced by the Chicken Legend - a chicken breast coated in seasoned batter with either spicy tomato salsa or cool mayonnaise.
In 2006 there was a promotional, limited edition World Cup themed Big Mac introduced, know as the 'Bigger Big Mac', a Big Mac but 40% 'bigger'.
January 2008 saw the introduction of the limited edition Hot and Spicy Quarter Pounder, along with the return of potato wedges and board game Happy Meals e.g. Guess Who, Twister and Operation February 2008 saw the introduction of the Bacon Roll on the breakfast menu.
June 2011 saw the introduction of Deli Choices, expanding the deli sandwich selection to include wraps.
The Quorn Premiere was introduced briefly to the menu in 2003 to 2005, consisting of a vegetarian 'Quorn' fillet burger, sweet chilli sauce, Hellmans extra light mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce in a foccacia bun. It has since been discontinued.
McFlurry toppings in the UK McDonald's are currently:
Recent promotional toppings include: Munchies, Shortcake Biscuit, Orange Matchmakers, Flake, Toffee, Oreo, Terry's Chocolate Orange, Cornetto (Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint Chocolate; all during summer), Creme Egg (traditionally at Easter), Yorkie, Wispa, KitKat, Quality Street Matchmakers, Nestle After Eight Chocolate (often at Christmas), Nestle Toffee Crisp Chocolate and Lion Bar.
Including the Caribbean sea
- In 2006, deli sandwiches were introduced.
- The McLobster, a lobster roll, is available seasonally in the Maritime Provinces. It is called McHomard in French.
- Two versions of pizza have been rolled out on a regional basis: A full family sized pizza, and a personal pizza, which eventually replaced it when the original version did not sell strongly enough. These were eventually discontinued as the market was highly competitive and tiny profit margins did not allow either product to be very profitable. There was also a small, Calzone-style McPizza for some time, which resembled an apple pie.
- In parts of Canada (including the province of Quebec and Northern New Brunswick), French fries from a combo may be substituted by McDonald's version of poutine, which consists of fries topped with cheese curds and gravy. In 2008, poutine was added to the national menu under the name My Poutine, although it had been available in Quebec for over a decade. Also in Quebec is the 'Traditional Breakfast' consisting of 2 eggs cooked over-easy and 2 strips of bacon, side-by-each; and a choice of white or whole wheat toast.
- In Fall of 2008, the Angus Burger was introduced.
- The Mac Snack Wrap was introduced in spring of 2009.
- By 2009, Coca-Cola Zero was added to the main beverage menu to replace the McDonald's-branded orange drink. At the same time, most McDonald's fountains replaced the older Coca-Cola product logos with newer ones. Some Canadian McDonald's restaurants would have bottled soft drinks such as Fresca.
- The Double LT (McDouble), containing 2 pieces of beef, lettuce, tomato, secret sauce, ketchup, mustard, pickle and onions, was introduced in July 2010. It replaces the $1 Cheeseburger.
- A McMini was introduced in to the menu, two kinds of miniature sandwiches with either grilled or crispy chicken, the two flavors are Pesto Chicken, a light pesto sauce and garlic mayo, or the Spicy Thai, a spicy Asian sauce with garlic mayo. The Zesty Mango McMini has also been added to the menu (September 2010), which basically includes the same garlic mayo as the other two varieties, but also features a sweet and sour mango sauce.
- Limited Time: McRib has been on the menu for several times on limited runs
- Cheeseburger and Double Cheeseburger
- Buttermilk Biscuit breakfast sandwich (Bacon and Egg or Saussage and Egg) introduced in early 2011
- Limited Time: Double Filet-O-Fish has been on the menu since early March, 2011. (Add one extra filet for one Canadian dollar)
- Shellfish - McDonald's offers various types of shellfish dishes on a regional basis. In the New England region of the US, McDonald's offers lobster rolls on a seasonal basis, and in the Mid-Atlantic states region crab cakes are offered.
- Touchdown Burger - sold in Wisconsin and seasonally in southeastern Michigan.
- Johnsonville Brats - A toasted hot dog bun with a Johnsonville Bratwurst, topped with spicy mustard and onions. Available seasonally and in a 2 Brat Extra Value Meal. Sold in Minnesota, Wisconsin, southern Michigan, northern Illinois and northwest Indiana. Also briefly available in Cleveland, Ohio in the late 1990s to promote the Cleveland Indians.
- Texas Homestyle Burger - a quarter pound (113.4 gram) beef patty, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, and spicy mustard. Sold in Texas, although it was available as an LTO (limited time offer) item called the Southwest Homestyle Burger in New Mexico.
- Cajun McChicken Sandwich - it is a variation of the McChicken sandwich with Cajun spices mixed into the breading on the chicken portion. LTO item sold in Southern United States.
- Alaska franchises offer the Mckinley Mac, which is named after Mount McKinley and is basically 2 quarter pounders put together.
- Hawaii franchises offer saimin on their regular menu. Spam or Portuguese sausage with eggs and white rice is offered as a breakfast item. A Spam McGriddle sandwich has also been offered as an LTO item. Pineapple and taro pies have also been occasionally offered on the regular menu, and pineapple is also sometimes available as an additional topping on burgers. Haupia pie was recently introduced in Hawaii locations as an LTO. In Waikiki locations, small trays of pineapple can be ordered as a side-dish. With the exception of saimin, the same items can also be found in the US territories of Guam and The CMNI.
- In New Mexico customers are offered the option of Bueno Foods brand Green Chile on their burgers. Green Chile is also offered at McDonalds establishments in southwest Colorado and elsewhere in the Four Corners.
- In the southern U.S., breakfast items include a country ham biscuit, made with salt-cured country ham, and a sausage gravy biscuit, which is a split biscuit served in a tray with the gravy ladled on top. The white sausage gravy, resembling sawmill or milk gravy, has small chunks of southern-style breakfast sausage. Other national items, such as the steak and cheese bagel, are also available on a biscuit in the south.
- McRib is occasionally on the menu, and is a pre-formed boneless pork patty meant to resemble and taste like pork ribs. It is served with a tomato-based barbecue sauce.
In Mexico, once per year McDonalds releases a set of special sandwiches and other products available for a limited time.
- The Flaming Hot Doritos Quarter Pounder (2010), is a Quarter Pounder burger with a layer of Flaming Hot Doritos (from Frito-Lay) and a layer of guacamole.
- MacTocino (2010), is a double cheeseburger with a layer of bacon
- BBQ Double Burger (2010), a cheese burger with 2 pieces of beef and a layer of barbecue sauce.
- Mac Flurry La Lechera Flakes (2010), is a McFlurry with sweetened cereal (La Lechera is a condensed milk from Nestle).
- Chef Specialty Burger (2008), created by the Mexican chef Alfredo Oropeza. It was a quarter pounder burger with a special whole wheat bread, crushed dried chili, mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce.
- Chef Specialty French Fries (2008), created by the Mexican chef Alfredo Oropeza. Consisted of French fries with a special smoked dip (based on several spices).
In Costa Rica, aside from the traditional products including fried chicken and seasonally Filet-O-Fish, there is also Mccafe.
- The Yogurt has strawberries and peaches.
- The McNifica burger is available. It is similar to a BK Whopper.
- Gallo pinto (a traditional seasoned rice and black bean dish) is served with scrambled eggs and "natilla" (light sour cream).
- Fry sauce is available for dipping French fries.
- Steak fries are available as an alternative to French fries.
- Special Coffee is available through the Mccafe.
- McFlurry is available also in 'guayabita' (popular local guava chocolate) and 'tapita' (popular local chocolate) versions.
- Aside from the regular quarter pound there is a Costa Rican quarter pound burger (cuarto de libra 'a la tica') have lettuce, tomato and the meat is condimented with local Salsa lizano .
- Fanta Kolita is a fruity - bubble gum drink.
- Several times during the year, McDonalds releases special gourmet burgers.
- The McNifica, a salted beef patty served with cheese, lettuce, and tomato (which was added to compete directly with Burger King's Whopper), is sold in Panama as well as several other countries throughout Latin America (including Argentina and Costa Rica).
The restaurants in Curaçao offer fried chicken (2pc. or 4pc. alone or in a Value Meal; Mighty Wings alone or in a Value Meal). Most American promotions are carried. The Big & Tasty is known as the McBurger Supreme.
The Australian menu remained relatively unchanged until 2003, when the Salads Plus menu was launched. The new menu saw the introduction of healthier options, all with less than 10 grams of fat. Products included a chicken salad and garden salad, a chicken flatbread sandwich, a veggie burger, a low-fat yoghurt parfait, low-fat muffins, apples and bottled water. Salads Plus has since been rebranded to Lighter Choices. More products have been added including a wider range of chicken salads (herbed chicken and chicken caesar varieties), a lean beef burger, fruit bags, alternative breakfast options and bottled fruit juices.
As of winter 2009 the Lean Beef Burger was no longer available. The Veggie Burger is also no longer available. Hungry Jacks (Burger King) still offers this option.
In 2004, a range of deli style rolls were introduced. Branded as Deli Choices, it was the biggest project McDonald's Australia had undertaken since the launch of the breakfast menu in the late 1980s. Each restaurant had to be retro-fitted to accommodate new refrigeration and cooking equipment. Deli Choices initially launched with six varieties, including Chicken Caesar, Chicken Tandoori, Italian, Turkey & Cranberry, Veggie Delight and Bacon & Egg. The Italian and Veggie Delight varieties were discontinued in 2007. At the same time, wholemeal rolls were optional. In 2008, a seared (grilled) chicken patty was offered as an alternative to the crispy chicken patty in the Chicken Caesar roll.
In mid February 2009, the menu was updated. All white and wholemeal rolls (except the Bacon & Egg and Breakfast Deluxe varieties) were converted to tortilla wraps. A new Sweet Chili Wrap replaced the Turkey & Cranberry roll. The new Chicken Caesar wrap now uses chicken breast strips instead of a crispy chicken patty.
The Australian menu had another significant change in 2007, with the introduction of five new chicken products. Three chicken burger varieties, a mini chicken wrap and new chicken strip 'dippers' were launched. The burgers contain a deep-fried crispy chicken patty - the same patty previously used in the Chicken Caesar roll from the Deli Choices menu. In 2008, the seared chicken patty option became available on these burgers.
Heart Foundation Tick Menu
The Tick Menu was launched in 2007. This menu showcases existing burgers, rolls, and salads approved by the National Heart Foundation of Australia.
Current unique products
Below is a list of products that are unique to the Australian market. These products are currently available and compliment the traditional menu.
- McFeast And Shaker Fries (Limited Time Only to celebrate McDonalds Australia's 40th Birthday. Soon to be discontinued)
- Mighty Angus - An Angus beef patty with bacon, red onion, cheese, onion relish, mayonnaise and served on a sourdough bun. Based on the Angus Bacon & Cheese burger from North America.
- Grand Angus - An Angus beef patty with premium lettuce, tomato, red onion, cheese, mustard, mayonnaise and served on a sourdough bun. Based on the Angus Deluxe burger from North America.
- Chicken Grand- Available in Crispy or Seared
- Chicken Deluxe - A crispy or seared chicken patty with premium lettuce, tomato, Coon cheese, McChicken Sauce and served on a sourdough bun.
- Chicken Bacon Deluxe - A crispy or seared chicken patty with premium lettuce, tomato, Coon cheese, bacon, McChicken Sauce and served on a sourdough bun.
- McDippers - Three crispy strips of breast chicken, served with a choice of ranch, mustard, plum or tomato sauce.
- Nudie Fruit Juices - Bottles of 100% fruit juice available in mango, strawberry flavors.
- Iced Coffee - Iced coffee flavored milk served with ice.
- Iced Coffee Shake - Available in the Western Australian market.
- Flavour Burst Cone - Soft-serve ice-cream with a blend of chocolate, grape, strawberry, raspberry, apple or mocha flavouring. Only available at "Dessert's to Go" stores in Queensland
- Mighty McMuffin - An English muffin with ketchup, cheese, two pieces of bacon, sausage pattie and an egg. Available for a LTO in a meal as well as sold separately.
- Rosti Breakfast Wrap - A rosti patty with BBQ sauce, half a slice of regular cheese, one rasher of bacon, one egg served in a 10 inch wrap.
- Bakehouse Roll - A rosti patty with onion relish, cheese, two rashers of bacon, one sausage patty,and an egg all served on a wheatgerm bun.
- Caramel Cookie McFlurry.
- Strawberry Crumble McFlurry
- Double Chocolate Fudge McFlurry
- Bubblegum Squash McFlurry
- Value Pick Products: Double Beef & Cheese, $1.95 and the Chicken & Cheese, $2.95 Franchise restaurants retain their right to alter menu pricing.
- As of 15th November 2011, McDonalds will offer 4 new products/variations. Some of these products are permanent, whilst some are only limited time only. They will also be labelling nutritional content on their menu boards.
Past unique products
- McOz - A quarter pound beef patty with lettuce, tomato, beetroot, cheese, mustard, ketchup, cooked onion and served on a sesame seed bun. Due to popularity, the McOz replaced the McFeast Deluxe from 1999 to 2007.
- Angus the Third - An Angus beef patty with premium lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayonnaise and tomato chilli relish served on a sourdough bun. Available for a limited time only.
- BLT - A rasher of bacon with lettuce, onion, McChicken sauce and tomato served on a cheeseburger bun.
- Bacon BBQ Cheeseburger- A beef patty, bacon, cheese, onion, BBQ sauce and served on a cheeseburger bun.
- Burgerino - Two beef patties with cheese, onion, bacon, mustard, ketchup and served on a cheeseburger bun. Although the burger has been deleted from menu boards, customers can still order the burger in a standard meal.
- McBeefsteak - A long beef patty with cooked onion, barbecue sauce and served on a long sesame seed bun. This burger was promoted by country music singer Lee Kernaghan.
- Chili Quarter Pounder - A Quarter Pounder with Cheese, with chili sauce instead of mustard and ketchup.
- Five Star Beef Burger - A long beef patty with Tatsoi lettuce, Coon cheese, cooked capsicum and onion, special gourmet sauce and served on a long wheat bun.
- Lean Beef Burger - A lean beef patty with Tatsoi lettuce, tomato, onion, low-fat cheese, ketchup and served on a wheat bun.
- Bacon Cheese Burger - A beef patty with cheese, bacon, barbecue sauce and served on a cheeseburger bun. (still available on the value picks menu as of may, 2009)
- Deluxe Cheeseburger - A beef patty with lettuce, cheese, onion, McChicken sauce and served on a cheeseburger bun.
- El Maco - A quarter pound beef patty with lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, mild taco sauce and served on a sesame seed bun.
- Big Kahuna Burger - A quarter pound beef patty with lettuce, tomato, pineapple, onion, mustard, ketchup and served on a sesame seed bun.
- Crispy Chicken Focaccia - A crispy chicken patty with Tatsoi lettuce, sour cream and salsa, served on a herbed focaccia bun.
- Grilled Chicken Burger - A chicken patty that was char grilled prior to freezing, with lettuce, tomato, shredded carrot, herbed mayonnaise and served on a sesame seed bun.
- Romano Burger - A crispy chicken patty with Italian sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese, served on a herbed focaccia bun.
- Tandoori Burger - A marinated Tandoori chicken patty with lettuce and mint yogurt sauce, served on flatbread.
- Vege Burger - A chickpea patty with Tatsoi lettuce, tomato, special light sauce and served on a wheat bun.
- Fried Chicken - In the 1970s, fried chicken was offered in a selected number of Australian McDonald's stores. It was discontinued in the early 1980s.
- Roast Chicken - In 2001, a roast chicken menu was trialled in the Western Australian market. Quarter and half portions of chicken were served with fries, or in a McValue Meal. A family meal option was available, as well as whole hot or cold chickens. The menu was discontinued in 2002.
- Pasta Zoo Happy Meal - Animal shaped pasta pieces filled with cheese and vegetables, served with an Italian pasta sauce known as zoo goo and a choice of French fries or apple slices. It has since been discontinued.
- Rainbow Happy Meal - A standard Happy Meal with the choice of a chocolate, strawberry or vanilla shake mixed with rainbow coloured sprinkles. Discontinued in the early nineties.
- Toasted Sandwiches - Several varieties have been used in the past, including Cheese & Tomato; Ham, Cheese & Tomato and Ham, Cheese & Pineapple. Now served in McCafe.
- Shaker Fries - French fries served with a sachet of seasoning. Flavours included barbecue, chicken or 'Spicy El Maco.'They Made a Brief return in 2011, but with only the Original Seasoning.
- Chive Omelette Roll - An egg omelette filled with herbs and chives, served with bacon, tomato and barbecue sauce on a toasted wholegrain roll.
- Massive McMuffin - Two sausage patties, egg, bacon, cheese and ketchup on an English muffin.
- Shakes - Past promotional flavours include spearmint, caramel and banana.
- Apple & Custard Pie - A mixed apple and custard pie.
- Cadbury Flake - A mini Cadbury Flake chocolate bar that could be added to any soft-serve dessert. TEMPORARY
- Cherry Pie - A mixed apple and cherry pie with a side of soft-serve.
- McFeast Deluxe - The McFeast Deluxe was sold in Australia from 1995 until 1999 and contained: mustard, ketchup, large onions, McFeast Deluxe sauce, lettuce, 1 tomato slice, regular cheese and a 4:1 quarter pounder patty served in a Quarter Pounder/McChicken Bun. It returned to the Australian menu in 2009 using the same ingredients, however contained McChicken sauce in place of the original 'McFeast Deluxe' sauce. A similar Comeback was made in 2011 for a brief period for the celebration of McDonalds Australia's 40th Birthday.
- Caramel Dream - A flat caramel flavoured muffin with soft-serve and hot caramel topping.
- McDelicious - A flat mud chocolate muffin with soft-serve and hot fudge topping
- McPavlova - A flat pavlova base with soft-serve and passionfruit topping
- McFlurry Flavours - Past McFlurry flavours include Nestle Milo, Nestle Drumstick, M&Ms, Wonka Nerds and Berry Blast. As of 2011, M&Ms have been phased out for the release of 4 new Flavours (See Current Products). the Oreo McFlurry is still on offer.
- Waffle Cone - A seasonal dessert available with chocolate, caramel or strawberry topping. Past flavours have included Arnott's Mint Slice, wildberry, passionfruit, and choc mint
- Cadbury Twirl - A small Cadbury Twirl bar that could be added to any soft-serve dessert—replaced the Cadbury Flake between 2008 and 2009
- Nameit/Backyard Burger - A burger made with 'real' ingredients introduced temporarily in 2007.
- Colossus Burger - A triple cheeseburger with bacon. It was part of a cross promotion to the Disney film, Hercules in 1997.
McDonald's Australia celebrated the Beijing Olympics with a range of promotional items, based on cuisines from all around the world.;
- Gold Medal Pudding - Warm chocolate pudding served with soft-serve ice-cream.
- McEurope - A crispy chicken patty served with lettuce, Parmesan cheese and Napoletana sauce served on a wheat bun.
- McAmerica - A breakfast bagel with bacon, egg, cheese and spicy tomato sauce.
- McAfrica - Two all beef patties with lettuce, tomato, Coon cheese and Harissa sauce served on a wheat bun.
- McAsia - Two strips of crispy chicken with Tatsoi lettuce, cucumber, mayonnaise and sweet chili sauce wrapped in tortilla bread. Now served as the Sweet Chili Wrap.
- McAustralia - A quarter pound beef patty with lettuce, tomato, Coon cheese, pineapple, bacon and barbecue sauce served on a damper bun.
McDonald's menu items in New Zealand are similar to Australia's, but there are some differences. Items include:
- Kiwiburger - A 4oz beef patty, McMuffin egg, tomato, lettuce, cheese, onion, beetroot, tomato ketchup and mustard on a Quarter Pounder bun. Introduced in 1991 and later discontinued due to complications in 2004. It has returned to the menu for a limited time in 2007, 2009 and 2011.
- Deluxe Cheeseburger - A cheeseburger omitting pickles and mustard and adding lettuce and mayonnaise.
- Chick'n McCheese - A 1.6oz crispy chicken patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato ketchup and mayonnaise on a cheeseburger bun. Formerly a limited-time menu item, it was reintroduced in May 2011 by popular demand.
- The Boss - a Quarter Pounder omitting pickles and adding an extra 4oz patty, lettuce, tomato and McChicken sauce.
- L&P is available as a soft drink option at many restaurants, along with Coca-Cola Zero.
- Massive McMuffin - fried egg, bacon, cheese, two sausage patties and ketchup on toasted English muffins.
In April 2007 'Pasta Zoo' began being served as part of the Happy Meal menu. 'Pasta Zoo' comes in animal shaped pasta filled with a cheese, vegetable mixture. It comes with tong-like grippers used to dip the pasta into a tomato sauce. In 2007, McDonald's introduced the Down Under Deluxe - a home-style burger, named via a nation-wide public contest, and also launched the "Made to Order" menu, which consisted of all burgers cooked fresh upon ordering and encouraged customers to personalize their tastes.
On 17 August 2011, McDonald's introduced a Kiwi Menu ahead of the 2011 Rugby World Cup, which New Zealand is hosting. The items in the menu reflect classic New Zealand food and drink, and include:-
- Kiwiburger (see above)
- Kiwi Pav - a mini pavlova topped with soft-serve ice cream and pineapple and lime sauce.
- Kiwi Brekkie McMuffin - An egg, bacon, sausage patty, cheese, potato rosti, relish and mayonnaise on a toasted muffin.
- Frozen L&P - A frozen carbonated beverage made using Lemon & Paeroa (L&P).
- In Argentina, Instead of serving Chocolate ice cream, it offers Dulce de Leche flavoured ice creams.
- McDonald's has Kosher branches only in Israel and Argentina.
- The Kosher branches in Argentina are also the only places in the world (apart from Israel) where McDonald's burgers are barbecued on charcoal rather than fried.
McDonald's offers Cheddar McMelt, a sandwich with a beef burger, creamy cheddar cheese and grilled onions flavored with soy sauce on a whole-wheat bun, which is the local favourite. The Big Tasty is a regular menu item. Also serves banana-flavored pie. There is also a variation of a Latin American beef burger, the McNifica, turned into McNifico Bacon for the Brazilian market and a local breakfast variation that includes a local dishes pão de queijo (cheese buns) and tostado (bread with ham and cheese). The BigMac, the Cheddar McMelt, the Quarteirão (Quarter Pounder) and the Big Tasty are the best sellers. The Filet-O-Fish is sold as the 'McFish' in Brazil. Brazil is the only country in the continent, which the CBOburger is on a menu.
In Chile, customers can add avocado paste to any sandwich, other than the McPalta (Chilean Spanish for: McAvocado) whose basis is the avocado paste along with lomito or pork. Cheese empanadas are also sold at all McDonald's locations in Chile under the same category as fries.
There are two Drive-thru restaurants in Suriname (South America), one downtown and one at the Hermitage Mall.
McDonald’s announced in the 1990s that it changed its frying oil from animal fat to vegetable oil for those who are vegetarian.
McDonald's offers ají (a spicy sauce made from peppers) for customers to dip their fries in or add to their hamburgers. Customers are also offered Inca Kola to drink, along with other Coca-Cola beverages.
Pollo Crujiente (crunchy chicken) was also added to the Peruvian McDonald's menu in 2010, featuring 100% Peruvian sourced chicken.
In Venezuela, McDonalds also offers arepas, empanadas and burritos as a breakfast choice, because they are the preferred meal of most of the Venezuelan population. In the past Fried Yuca Sticks were also offered
- ^ "McDonald's posts sizzling 80% profit rise in 2008". Breitbart.com. 2009-01-26. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.aec4920fe8094fdd0baaeab2ed126bf1.741&show_article=1. Retrieved 2010-08-27.
- ^ "50th Anniversary of McDonald's". NPR. 2005-4-14. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4600471.
- ^ "Chipotle, McDonald's Complete Separation". http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=194775&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=916004&highlight.
- ^ "MCD 10-K 2007, Item 1, pg. 1". http://www.shareholder.com/mcd/EdgarDetail.cfm?CIK=63908&FID=1193125-08-37220&SID=08-00#D10K_HTM_TOC84398_8. [dead link]
- ^ "::Welcome to McDonald's India ::". http://www.mcdonaldsindia.com/ourfood/veg/mcaloo_tikki.html.
- ^ "::Welcome to McDonald's India ::". http://www.mcdonaldsindia.com/ourfood/veg/pizzamcpuff.html.
- ^ a b "Kosher McDonald's Restaurant Review". Frommers.com. Buenos Aires. http://www.frommers.com/destinations/buenosaires/D55904.html.
- ^ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/12/mcdonalds-withdraws-mcfalafel-israeli-restaurants
- ^ , mcdonalds wage increase.
- ^ "Can tteokbokki rescue rice industry?". 2009-3-19. http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2902414.
- ^ http://www.mcdonalds.de/produkte/produktfinder.html Permanent German Menu
- ^ Veggie burger, coffee to fuel McDonald's in Germany
- ^ McDonald's veggie burger page at the German McDonald's homepage
- ^ http://www.mcdonalds.de/produkte/produktfinder.html#/fruehstueck Permanent German Breakfast Menu
- ^ "Behind the Arches" by John Love, page 433-434
- ^ Angus Beef - McDonald's Australia
- ^ Angus Third Pounder - McDonald's USA
- ^ http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3190/is_15_39/ai_n13649042/pg_3/ Studying McDonald's abroad: overseas branches merge regional preferences, corporate directives
McDonald's People Company ProductsBeefChickenOther AdvertisingCampaignsSponsorshipsRelated subjectsBurger Wars · Fast food advertisingOther Franchises Criticism Legal cases Other
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of McDonald's products — This article is about products offered in American McDonald s locations. For products offered in international McDonald s locations, see International availability of McDonald s products. McDonald s Type Public … Wikipedia
McDonald's — Type … Wikipedia
List of countries with McDonald's franchises — McDonald s Type Public Traded as NYSE: … Wikipedia
Big N' Tasty — McDonald s Big N Tasty The Big N Tasty Sandwich Nutritional value per serving Serving size 1 sandwich (206 g) Energy 460 kcal (1,900 kJ) … Wikipedia
Business and Industry Review — ▪ 1999 Introduction Overview Annual Average Rates of Growth of Manufacturing Output, 1980 97, Table Pattern of Output, 1994 97, Table Index Numbers of Production, Employment, and Productivity in Manufacturing Industries, Table (For Annual… … Universalium
Big Mac — For other uses, see Big Mac (disambiguation). McDonald s Big Mac McDonald s Big Mac … Wikipedia
Motorola — This article is about the original company which split in 2011. For the mobile phone manufacturer, see Motorola Mobility. For the equipment provider, see Motorola Solutions. Motorola, Inc. Former type Public company Industry … Wikipedia
Criticism of Coca-Cola — The Coca Cola Company, its subsidiaries and products have been subject to sustained criticism by both consumer groups and watchdogs, particularly since the early 2000s. Allegations against the company are varied and criticism has been based… … Wikipedia
Cuisine of Denmark — Danish cuisine features the products suited to its cool and moist northern climate: barley, potatoes, rye, beetroot, greens, berries, and mushrooms are locally grown, and dairy products are one of its specialities. Since it shares its climate and … Wikipedia
Danish cuisine — Frikadeller (meat balls) with Rugbrød (rye bread) and sour cucumbers Danish cuisine (Danish: Dansk køkken) is shaped by the practice of fishing and farming, including the cultivation of the soil for raising crops and the raisin … Wikipedia