Mauritian may refer to:
- Something of, from, or related to Mauritius, an island nation off the coast of the African continent in the southwest Indian Ocean, about 900 kilometres (560 mi) east of Madagascar
- A person from Mauritius, or of Mauritian descent. For information about the Mauritian people, see Demographics of Mauritius and Culture of Mauritius. For specific persons, see List of Mauritians
- Note that there is no language called "Mauritian". The most widely-spoken languages are English (official) and French. See also Mauritian Creole
- Mauritian Cup, the top knockout tournament of the Mauritian football
- A major political party in Mauritius, Mauritian Labour Party
- Mauritian Duck
- The Mauritian Wildlife Foundation, a non-governmental, non-profit conservation agency
- Mauritian League, the top division of the Mauritius Football Association
- Mauritian dollar
- List of all pages beginning with "Mauritian"
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
mauritian — MAURITIÁN, Ă, mauritiéni, e, s.m. şi f., adj. Persoană care face parte din populaţia de bază a insulei Mauritius sau este originară de acolo. 2. adj. Care aparţine insulei Mauritius sau mauritienilor (1.), privitor la insula Mauritius sau la… … Dicționar Român
Mauritian — 1. adjective Of, from, or pertaining to Mauritius, its people, or their language or culture. One of the official languages of Mauritius is Mauritian Creole. 2. noun a) A person from Mauritius or of Mauritian descent. Like the Irish, the… … Wiktionary
Mauritian — [[t]mərɪ̱ʃ(ə)n, AM mɔːr [/t]] Mauritians 1) ADJ Mauritian means belonging or relating to Mauritius, or to its people or culture. 2) N COUNT A Mauritian is a Mauritian citizen, or a person of Mauritian origin … English dictionary
Mauritian — adjective or noun see Mauritius … New Collegiate Dictionary
Mauritian — See Mauritius. * * * ➡ Mauritius * * * … Universalium
Mauritian — n. native or resident of Mauritius (republic in the Indian Ocean, island east of Madagascar) adj. of or pertaining to Mauritius (republic in the Indian Ocean, island east of Madagascar) … English contemporary dictionary
Mauritian — [mə rɪʃ(ə)n] noun a native or inhabitant of the island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. adjective relating to Mauritius … English new terms dictionary
mauritian — mau·ri·tian … English syllables
Mauritian — I noun a native or inhabitant of Mauritius • Hypernyms: ↑native, ↑indigen, ↑indigene, ↑aborigine, ↑aboriginal • Member Holonyms: ↑Mauritius, ↑Republic … Useful english dictionary
Mauritian Creole — Kreol Morisien Spoken in Mauritius Native speakers 1.2 million (date missing … Wikipedia