Marketing Executives Network Group
Marketing Executives Networking Group Abbreviation MENG Formation 1995 Type Non-profit Purpose/focus Marketing profession Location Primarily United States membership with local chapters Region served Global digital online networking group Membership 1,800+ (as of 29 April 2009) Official languages English Website Official website
The Marketing Executives Networking Group (MENG) is a non-profit professional association established in 1995 for small business, consultant, corporate executive-level marketing managers in leadership roles at companies and non-profit organizations across many diverse industries and areas of marketing expertise.
Members are a diverse group from a variety of industries with a focus on marketing. Members are typically:
- currently hold, or have held the position of vice president, senior vice president, chief marketing officer, chief operating officer ir president
- Currently 84% have Fortune 500 experience
- 70% have graduate or post-graduate degrees
- Over 50% of members with graduate and post-graduate degrees received them from top-20 Business Schools
- Over 21% of members have attended an Ivy League school
The organization consists of a governance board of directors and currently has fourteen (14) local chapters in major cities in the continental United States. Local chapters provide a regional and local forum and opportunity for members to meet, engage and network with other executive-level marketing professionals. A web based forum also provides an exchange point for special interest groups to discuss category-specific news and exchange ideas. Newer forms of social media are also utilized including LinkedIn (with over 1200 members) and Twitter
Members contribute to their industries through textbooks and other books they have authored  and white papers as well. The group also provides outreach through a distinguished lecturer series program and speakers bereu on a variety of marketing topics. A comprehensive online training program in the form of The MENG Webinar Series is offered. Past and current topics have included: Social Media University, Marketing Masters, Career Maximization, and Innovation.
Research and Education
The organization is perhaps best known for its research including the annual Marketing Trends Survey which captures marketing leaders' perspectives on the coming year and published in leading marketing trade journals such as Crain Communications' Advertising Age and BtoBonline.com. This survey has been produced and published by MENG, along with "Anderson Analytics". http://www.andersonanalytics.com/. Retrieved 2009-05-02. since 2007. Its findings are often cited as references in digital media and print.
The group also partners with others on topics and factors affecting the marketing profession including employment prospects, job satisfaction and executive compensation. The Economist (print and online). Pace University, and PM Network (the monthly magazine of the Project Management Institute) referenced MENG research and its leadership position in the area of augmenting and accelerating traditional market reserarch with a new methodology called open innovation and crowdsourcing.
Honors and awards
The organization is the official marketing partner of the 2009 Edison Best New Product Awards for innovation and advancement in products and services. The first recipients under the new partnership were awarded on 1 April 2009 in a variety of categories and industries.
- ^ "Membership Profile". http://www.mengonline.com/visitors/hire/profile. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- ^ "Leadership". http://www.mengonline.com/visitors/about/board_list/. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- ^ "Local Chapters". http://www.mengonline.com/visitors/about/chapters/. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- ^ "Special Interest Groups". http://www.mengonline.com/visitors/about/groups/. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- ^ "LinkedIn Groups, MENG". http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2844. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- ^ "Twitter, MENG". http://twitter.com/MENGonline. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- ^ "Member Books". http://www.mengonline.com/visitors/newsroom/published_books_meng_members/. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- ^ "Member Whitepapers". http://www.mengonline.com/visitors/newsroom/white_papers_written_by_meng_members. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- ^ "Webinars". http://www.mengonline.com/visitors/events/webinars/. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- ^ "Top Marketing Trends for 2009: Execs Sick of Web 2.0". http://www.marketingcharts.com/interactive/top-marketing-trends-for-2009-execs-sick-of-web-20-7448/meng-marketing-trends-buzz-words-tired-hearing-2009jpg/. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- ^ Beth Snyder Bulik (2007-11-26). "Senior Marketers Go for Godin, Have Their Fill of Long Tail". Advertising Age, Crain Communicaitons Inc.. http://adage.com/results?endeca=1&return=endeca&search_offset=0&search_order_by=score&search_phrase=Senior+Marketers+Go+for+Godin%2C+Have+Had+Their+Fill+of+Long+Tail. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- ^ Kate Maddox (12/04/2007 - 1235 pm EDT). "Marketing Executives Networking Group releases top trends survey". BtoBonline, Crain Communicaitons Inc.. http://www.btobonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071204/FREE/71204005/1078. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- ^ "Following the crowd". Economist.com, The Economist Newspaper Limited. 09/04/2008. http://www.economist.com/science/tq/displaystory.cfm?story_id=11999251. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- ^ Sarah Fister Gale (June 2006). "Pay Attention". PM Network, Vol. 22, no. 6, p. 34-41, Project Management Institute. http://www.pmi.org/Marketplace/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?GMProduct=00101068100&iss=1. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- ^ George Leopold (04/06/2009 12:01 AM EDT). "Edison and innovation: Lessons from the master". EE. http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=216402698. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Marketing operations — Key concepts Adobe • Automation • Benchmarking Best Practices • Budget Cisco Systems • CMO Data Privacy • Data Quality Data Warehouses • Database Marketing Demand Generation Digital Asset Management Enterprise… … Wikipedia
Warner Music Group — Type Subsidiary Industry Music Entertainment Founded 1958 (as W … Wikipedia
Chief marketing officer — (CMO) is a corporate title referring to an executive responsible for various marketing activities in an organization. Most often the position reports to the chief executive officer. Contents 1 Role 2 Challenges 3 CMO Associations 3.1 … Wikipedia
Cartoon Network — This article is about the United States channel. For other uses, see Cartoon Network (disambiguation). Cartoon Network Logo used from May 29, 2010 to present. Launched October 1, 1992 Owned by … Wikipedia
Internet marketing — Display advertising Email marketing E mail marketing software Interactive advertising … Wikipedia
The CW Television Network — Type Broadcast television network … Wikipedia
Avex Group — Holdings Inc. Type Public KK conglomerate keiretsu Traded as TYO … Wikipedia
Sinclair Broadcast Group — SBG redirects here. For other uses, see SBG (disambiguation). Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Type Public (NASDAQ: SBGI) Industry Telecommunications … Wikipedia
The Co-operative Group — Co operative Group Ltd. Type Consumer cooperative Founded 1863 (1863) Headquarters … Wikipedia
YES Network — Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network (YES Network) Launched March 19, 2002 Owned by Yankee Global Enterprises LLC, Goldman Sachs Picture format 480i (SDTV) … Wikipedia