Mark O.M. Tso
Mark O.M. Tso, MD, is an American and Chinese ophthalmologist who served as Professor and Founding Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Much of his early research concerned ocular pathologic findings in retinoblastoma and laser effects on the retina.
Education and career
Tso earned his M.D. from the University of Hong Kong in 1961. During training at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology with famed ophthalmic pathologist Lorenz Zimmerman, Tso conducted early research on the micrologic features of retinoblastoma, including rosette formation. He was recruited to The University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary by Morton F. Goldberg, until his appointment in Hong Kong in 1994.
- 1969 - 1971 Staff Ophthalmologist, Department of Ophthalmic & Pathology,
Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, D.C., Major MC, USA
- 1969 - 1971 Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, The George
Washington University Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- 1971 - 1972 Assistant Research Professor of Ophthalmology, The George
Washington University Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- 1971 - 1976 Research Associate, Ophthalmic Pathology Branch, [[Armed Forces
Institute of Pathology]], Washington, D.C.
- 1972 - 1976 Visiting Staff of Retina Clinics of George Washington University
Hospital, D.C., General Hospital & Freedmen Hospital
- 1973 - 1976 Associate Research Professor of Ophthalmology, The George
Washington University Medical School
- 1976 - 1994 Professor of Ophthalmology, Lions of Illinois Eye Research Institute,
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- 1976 - 1994 Director of the Georgiana Theobald Ophthalmic Pathology
- 1976 - 1994 Director of the Macula Clinic, University of Illinois Hospital Eye &
Ear Infirmary, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- 1989 - 1994 Medical Director of Lions of Illinois Eye Bank, Lions of Illinois Eye
Research Institute, Chicago, Illinois
- 1994 - 1999 Professor and Founding Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology &
Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 1994–2000 Chief of Service, Hong Kong Eye Hospital
- 1994 - 2000 Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Hong Kong
- 1997 - 1999 President, College of Ophthalmologists of Hong Kong
- 1997 - 2005 Councilor and Honorary Treasurer, Asia-Pacific Academy of
- 1998 - 2006 Vice President, International Council of Ophthalmology, elected in
- 2004–2005 Medical Director, National Neurovision Research Institute, (NNRI)
- 1999–Present Professor of Ophthalmology and Pathology, J[[ohns Hopkins
University]], School of Medicine
- 1997–Present Chair XI, Academia Ophthalmologica Internationalis
- 1995–Present Adjunct Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Illinois at
- 2001–Present Honorary Director and Professor of Ophthalmology, Peking
University Eye Center, Beijing
- 2006 – Present Education Director, International Council of Ophthalmology
Published works (partial list)
- MTakahashi K, Lam TT, Fu J, Tso MOM (1997). "The effect of high dose methylprednisolone on laser-induced retinal injury in primates: an electron microscopic study.". Graefe’s Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 235: 723–732. doi:10.1007/BF01880672.
- ^ Mogk, Lylas G.; Mogk, Marja (2003-01-01). Macular Degeneration. Random House Digital, Inc.. pp. 97–. ISBN 9780345457110. http://books.google.com/books?id=R0DiPtMFVyUC&pg=PT97. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
NZR British Rail Mark 2 carriage — NZR British Rail Mark 2 The eight S class carriages used on the Capital Connection, pulled by WAB 794 on an excursion near Woodville on 31 August 2003 … Wikipedia
British Rail Mark 3 — Infobox DMU name = British Rail Mark 3 imagesize = 250px background = #0033cc caption = British Rail Mk 3 at Marylebone in original InterCity blue and grey livery Manufacturer = BREL Operator = East Midlands Trains First Great Western First… … Wikipedia
Tourist Standard Open — Infobox DMU name = British Rail Tourist Standard Open imagesize = 240px background = #0033cc caption = Mark 2A TSO 5278 Melisande at Cheltenham Spa on 18 September 2004, whilst forming a charter service to Swindon. Manufacturer = BR Derby,… … Wikipedia
Coaching stock of Ireland — A wide variety of hauled coaches have been used on the railways of Ireland. This page lists all those since 1945. Contents 1 Republic of Ireland 1.1 Laminate stock (now withdrawn) 1.2 Park Royal stock (now withdrawn) … Wikipedia
North Norfolk Railway — Weybourne station Locale … Wikipedia
Driving Van Trailer — This article is about British DVTs, which are a type of railway control car. British Rail DVT An East Coast Mark 4 DVT at Peterborough station. In service 1988 – present … Wikipedia
USS Kidd (DDG-993) — For other ships of the same name, see USS Kidd. Kidd underway at Hampton Roads, Virginia on 1 February 1984. Career (United States) … Wikipedia
First Corridor — British Rail First Corridor A Mk1 FK in Blue and grey livery pictured at Bristol Temple Meads on 5th May 1984 In service 1959– Manufacturer British Railways … Wikipedia
Liste de zoologistes — Attention, il n est pas d usage en zoologie d utiliser d abréviation pour les noms des auteurs (contrairement aux usages de la botanique, voir ici). Cette liste ne constitue pas une liste officielle. Nous attirons l attention du lecteur sur son… … Wikipédia en Français
Standard Corridor — British Rail Second Corridor A Mk1 Second Corridor (SK) coach at the North Norfolk Railway in 2007 In service 1951– Manufacturer BR Ashford/Easteigh, Derby (C W), Doncaster … Wikipedia