M. Joji Archbishop of Hyderabad Church Christian See Roman Catholic Church In Office 30 April 2000 – 27 August 2010 Predecessor S. Arulappa Successor Thumma Bala Orders Ordination 14 December 1971 Consecration 30 April 2000 Personal details Born 7 October 1942
Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh
Died 27 August 2010(aged 67)
Bishop's House, Hyderabad
Previous post Bishop of Vijayawada
Marampudi Joji (7 October 1942 – 27 August 2010) was the third Archbishop of Hyderabad. He was born in Bhimavaram and died at the Bishop's House, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. Latin, Telugu, and English were the languages known to the Archbishop.
Early years & education
Joji was educated at the Lutheran Boarding School near Samalkot which is managed by the Priests of the Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church (AELC).
Ordination & Pastorship
Joji was ordained as a priest on 14 December 1971 in the diocese of Vijayawada. Joji was privileged to have received Blessed Mother Teresa when she went to Vijayawada to initiate the work of the Missionaries of Charity.
Diocese of Khammam
Diocese of Vijayawada
Bishop Joji became the Bishop of Vijayawada on 8 November 1996. However, he took charge of the diocese only on 19 January 1997.
Archbishop of Hyderabad
On 29 January 2000, he was appointed as the Archbishop of Hyderabad. He was consecrated principally by Archbishop Giorgio Zur in the presence of his predecessor and co-consecrators Archbishop S. Arulappa and Bishop Joseph S. Thumma on April 30, 2000.
Archbishop Joji was known for his able administration. He seemed to have headed the Diocese of Vijayawada's Social Service Society before being elevated to the Bishopric of Khammam.
The Archbishop has principally consecrated three Bishop's of Andhra Pradesh:
- Bishop of Kurnool, Most Rev. P. Anthony (19 April 2008) 
- Bishop of Cuddapah, Most Rev. G. Prasad (1 March 2008)
- Bishop of Nellore, Most Rev. D. M. Prakasam (17 January 2007)
- ^ Ecumenical news international, 31 May 2000
- ^ Malcolm, Theresa, National Catholic Reporter, April 7, 2000.
- ^ Bishop M Joji passes away
- ^ a b Catholic Hierarchy, Archbishop Joji
- ^ a b c Archdiocese of Hyderabad, Ecclesiastical Units 2008, Archbishop's House, 9-1-17/1, Sardar Patel Road, Secunderabad 500 003, Andhra Pradesh, India, pp. 40-41
- ^ Photo study from Rev. Dr. P. Dass Babu's Blessed Mother Teresa of Kolkata, National Christian Writers Forum, Hyderabad, 2003. Dass Babu is a Telugu Pundit and an accomplished Writer / Theologian who earned a Bachelor of Divinity (B. D.) degree from the Bishop's College, Kolkata as well as a Master's degree in communication from a Japanese University.
- ^ Catholic Hierarchy, Bishop Anthony.
- ^ Catholic Hierarchy, Bishop Prasad
- ^ Catholic Hierarchy, Bishop Prakasam
Catholic Church titles Preceded by
Archbishop of Hyderabad
29 January 2000 – 27 August 2010
Joseph S. Thumma
Bishop of Vijayawada
Bishop of Khammam
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Marampudi Joji — (* 7. Oktober 1942 in Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh; † 27. August 2010 in Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh) war ein indischer Theologe und römisch katholischer Erzbischof von Hyderabad in Zentralindien. Marampudi Joji hat indische Kirchengeschichte… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Joji — ist der Name folgender Personen: Marampudi Joji (1942–2010), indischer Theologe und römisch katholischer Erzbischof Für den japanischen männlichen Vornamen siehe Jōji. Diese Seite ist eine Begriffsklärung zur Unterscheid … Deutsch Wikipedia
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Hyderabad — Archdiocese of Hyderabad Archidioecesis Hyderabadensis Location Country India Statistics Area … Wikipedia
Roman Catholic Diocese of Khamman — Infobox Diocese| jurisdiction=Diocese name= Khamman latin= Dioecesis Khammamensis country= India| metropolitan=Hyderabad rite=Latin Rite cathedral = cocathedral = area= 16,029 population= 2,595,789 population as of= 2004 catholics= 115,643… … Wikipedia
Roman Catholic Diocese of Vijayawada — Diocese of Vijayawada Dioecesis Viiayavadanus Location Country India Metropolitan Visakhapatnam … Wikipedia
Deaths in August 2010 — Contents 1 August 2010 1.1 31 1.2 30 1.3 29 … Wikipedia
Saminini Arulappa — (* 28. August 1924 in Kilacherry; † 13. Februar 2005) war römisch katholischer Erzbischof von Hyderabad. Leben Saminini Arulappa wurde am 6. Mai 1950 zum Priester geweiht. Am 6. Dezember 1971 wurde er durch Papst Paul VI. zum Erzbischof von… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Bistum Khammam — Basisdaten Staat Indien Metropolitanbistum Erzbistum Hyderabad … Deutsch Wikipedia
Bistum Vijayawada — Basisdaten Staat Indien Metropolitanbistum Erzbistum Visakhapatnam … Deutsch Wikipedia
Erzbistum Hyderabad — Basisdaten Staat Indien Diözesanbischof Thumma Bala … Deutsch Wikipedia