- Manassas Park Police Department
Manassas Park Police Department Abbreviation MPPD Patch of the Manassas Park Police Department. Agency overview Employees 50+ Legal personality Governmental: Government agency Jurisdictional structure Operations jurisdiction* City of Manassas Park in the state of Virginia, USA Map of Manassas Park Police Department's jurisdiction. Size 2.5 square miles (6.5 km2) Population 14,273 Governing body City General nature Operational structure Headquarters Manassas Park, Virginia Police Officers 50+ Agency executive John Evans, Chief of Police Website Official Website Footnotes * Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.
The Manassas Park Police Department (MPPD) is the primary law enforcement agency servicing 14,273 people within 2.5 square miles (6.5 km2) of jurisdiction within Manassas Park, VA.
The Chief of Police is Chief John Evans. The MPPD currently has 50+ employees and officers. The MPPD has been accredited by the Virginia Law Enforcement Professional Standards Commission (VLEPSC).
Specialized Services Division:
- Traffic Enforcement Unit The Traffic Enforcement Unit enforces traffic codes and is responsible for accident investigation and crash reconstruction.
- Investigation Services Division The Investigation Services Division investigates major crimes which occur within the city, such as Homicides, Burglaries, Robberies, Sexual Assaults and White Collar Crimes.
- K-9 Teams The K-9 Teams perform preventative patrol, including inspection activity, oriented toward prevention of crimes, maintenance of public order and responds to calls for services, traffic direction, and control.
- Regional Narcotic Task Force The Regional Narcotic Task Force is a multi-jurisdictional narcotics investigative unit serving the City of Manassas Park, City of Manassas, and Prince William County.
Community Services Division:
- Community Resource Officer Community Resource Officers are specifically trained to act as a liaison between the community and the police department in all matters dealing with crime prevention.
- Neighborhood Watch Neighborhood Watch brings citizens together to make their neighborhood a safer place to live.
- School Resource Officer School Resource Officers respond to problems which are criminal in nature and are involved in the classroom by sharing their particular field of knowledge on anything from career presentations to government and civic classes.
- Business Watch Business Watch works in the same way as Neighborhood Watch, except that it is tailored to meet the needs of the business community.
- Vacation Home Check In the Vacation Home Check, officers will periodically check the exterior of your home while you are away.
- Security Surveys Community Resource Officers will inspect a residential or commercial property at no cost to the property owner.
- Safer by Design The Safer by Design philosophy recognizes that neighborhood environments can either encourage or discourage criminal activity.
- Police Station Tours The Police Station Tours tour include an explanation of various sections and services offered by the Manassas Park Police Department.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Manassas Park, Virginia — City of Manassas Park, Virginia City Seal … Wikipedia
Manassas, Virginia — Manassas redirects here. For other uses, see Manassas (disambiguation). City of Manassas, Virginia City View of downtown Manassas looking east on Cen … Wikipedia
Manassas Regional Airport — Harry P. Davis Field IATA: HEF or MNZ … Wikipedia
Prince William County Police — Infobox Police Department name = Prince William County Police Department established = 1970 jurisdiction = County sworn = 568 non sworn = 190 stations = 2 policeboats = 1 chief = Charlie T. Deane Prince William County, Virginia is situated… … Wikipedia
Virginia Department of Transportation — (VDOT) Agency overview Jurisdiction Virginia Headquarters 1401 E. Broad Street Richmond, Virginia 23219 … Wikipedia
Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy — The Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy is a law enforcement training facility located in Ashburn, Virginia. It serves seventeen agencies in Virginia and Washington, D.C., and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for… … Wikipedia
Virginia — This article is about the U.S. state, the Commonwealth of Virginia. For other uses, see Virginia (disambiguation). Commonwealth of Virginia … Wikipedia
Alexandria, Virginia — City of Alexandria Independent city Alexandria s skyline as seen from the parking deck of the Huntington Metro station … Wikipedia
Second Battle of Bull Run — (Second Manassas) Part of the American Civil War … Wikipedia
Prince William County, Virginia — Infobox U.S. County county = Prince William County state = Virginia map size = 225 founded = 1731 seat = Manassas | area total sq mi =348 area land sq mi =338 area water sq mi =11 area percentage = 3.04% census yr = 2007 pop = 383,644 density km2 … Wikipedia