Make Me a Supermodel (season 1)
Make Me a Supermodel Season 1 Format Reality Starring Tyson Beckford
Country of origin United States No. of episodes 13 Production Running time 60 minutes Broadcast Original channel Bravo Original run January 10, 2008 – April 3, 2008 Chronology Followed by Season 2 External links Website
Casting director Jennifer Starr joined the season 1 cast along with Cory Bautista, director of New York Model Management as judges. Tyson Beckford and Niki Taylor played as both judges and the hosts of the show.
A casting special aired prior to the season opener on January 2, 2008, featuring many models being photographed, critiqued on the runway, and sent away until only the final choices for the season remained.
The winner of the competition, chosen by the viewers, would receive a fashion pictorial in GQ Magazine, $100,000 and a 1-year contract with New York Model Management.
- Episode 1: Summer clothes in frigid weather in Times Square, New York City.
- Episode 2: Suits and dresses while fitted with harnesses and suspended from the ceiling.
- Episode 3: Sexual chemistry involving pairs, regardless of gender.
- Episode 4: A ten-minute still posing as nude models for an art class in Parsons; group shots with one male among a group of females, and vice versa; then, getting full body paint to act as a group for a living art installation.
- Episode 5: There were no photo shoots for the week, as the episode concentrated on catwalk in New York Fashion Week.
- Episode 6: The use of emotions and body language to act out a scene; done in groups of three.
- Episode 7: Submerged in a tank of water, and posing with an albino snake.
- Episode 8: A winter-themed photo shoot done in the snow, emphasizing speed, action, and motion; done in groups of twos or threes.
- Episode 9: Instead of an actual photo shoot, the models participated in a sensual online video lookbook for Marithé + François Girbaud, with each scene done in a pair or a group of three; then, acting as brand ambassadors for the label Bloomingdales, at a customer luncheon.
- Episode 10: The models were flown off to New Orleans and were assigned with a high fashion photo shoot with a dramatic Goth theme, set in a local cemetery.
- Episode 11: For their final photo assignment, the models took a nude photo session with Matthew Rolston, and each one represented a different classical element. Holly was fire, Perry was water, Ronnie was earth, and Ben was air. The photos were then displayed in a gallery to showcase the models' performances to the judges and the public.
- Episode 13: Though not an actual photo assignment, the models spend their final day going on New York designer go-sees.
- Episode 1: Swimwear, with two men and two women wearing thongs.
- Episode 2: Wearing designs from Heatherette, and embodying fun and attitude.
- Episode 3: Walking in pairs with their partner in the Sexual Chemistry photo shoot, wearing a mix of equestrian and S&M clothing.
- Episode 4: Wearing high fashion from British designers, posing as statues at each end of the runway.
- Episode 5: The contestants were given runway assignments in New York Fashion Week. This is apart from the "New York downtown grunge" catwalk challenge they did during judging.
- Episode 6: Walking in pairs (or solo in Jacki's case), while performing a story based on characters they have selected.
- Episode 7: Donning enormous quirky headpieces, and walking down the runway with an animal, such as sheep, pigs, ducks, peacocks, and dogs.
- Episode 8: Walking down the runway leading to a turntable at the end, and posing once after each turntable rotation, three times, before departing the turntable.
- Episode 9: Wearing two sophisticated vintage looks (therefore doing the catwalk twice), and capturing the timeless elegance of both looks from each of their respective eras.
- Episode 10: The models choreographed their own fashion show with a gothic and dark theme, while each model portrayed a different character in the plot of a story. Each model walked multiple times, with props.
- Episode 11: For their final catwalk assignment, the models displayed three looks/styles on the runway: underwear/sexy, preppy/fun, and formal/somber. Project Runway season 4 winner Christian Siriano makes a special guest appearance as the models' runway coach and stylist, and created a special dress for Holly to wear on the runway, as her "fun" look.
- Episode 13: For their farewell runway walk before the announcement of the season winner, the boys wore metallic-colored suits while Holly was dressed as a "couture butterfly" in a red ball gown.
- Sarah Swartz, 20, from Miami, Florida
- Dominic Prietto, 25, from Dana Point, California
- Aryn Livingston, 20, from Lowndesboro, Alabama
- Jay McGee, 22, from Roswell, Georgia
- Katy Caswell, 21, from Auburn, Alabama
- Stephanie Bulger, 21, from Plano, Texas
- Jacki Hydock, 21, from Harlem, New York
- Frankie Godoy, 20, from Miami, Florida
- Casey Skinner, 19, from Dunwoody, Georgia
- Shannon Pallay, 22, from Plantation, Florida
- Perry Ullmann, 22, from Phoenix, Arizona (3rd Runner-Up)
- Ben DiChiara, 23, from Nashville, Tennessee (2nd Runner-Up)
- Ronnie Kroell, 25, from Chicago, Illinois (1st Runner-Up)
Contestant Elimination Progress
- Note: The bottom three contestants chosen for the public vote are shown at the end of each episode, and the eliminated model is shown at the beginning of the following episode.
Model Elimination Progress 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 Episode Holly WIN SAFE BTM 3 HIGH HIGH HIGH LOW WIN WIN WIN FINALIST WINNER 13 - Finale, Part 2 Ronnie SAFE HIGH HIGH SAFE BTM 3 BTM 2 WIN HIGH BTM 3 BTM 2 FINALIST OUT Ben SAFE BTM 3 SAFE LOW WIN SAFE BTM 3 BTM 3 BTM 2 HIGH FINALIST OUT Perry HIGH SAFE WIN SAFE SAFE HIGH BTM 2 HIGH LOW LOW FINALIST OUT Shannon HIGH SAFE HIGH HIGH SAFE WIN LOW LOW HIGH OUT 10 - The Big Easy... New Orleans Casey SAFE SAFE HIGH BTM 2 HIGH LOW HIGH BTM 2 OUT 9 - Brand Ambassadors Frankie SAFE SAFE LOW SAFE BTM 2 BTM 3 HIGH OUT 8 - A Snowy Weekend Getaway Jacki LOW WIN SAFE SAFE LOW SAFE OUT 7 - Into the Wild Stephanie SAFE SAFE SAFE WIN SAFE OUT 6 - Acting Up Katy BTM 3 BTM 2 SAFE BTM 3 OUT 5 - New York Fashion Week Jay SAFE LOW BTM 2 OUT 4 - Naked Art Aryn SAFE HIGH OUT 3 - Sexual Chemistry Dominic BTM 2 OUT 2 - Hanging From the Rafters Sarah OUT 1 - Welcome to New York
- Cornflower Blue background and WIN means the model won the challenge.
- Light Blue background and HIGH means the model had one of the highest scores for that challenge.
- Pink background and LOW means the model had one of the lowest scores for that challenge, but was not in the bottom three.
- Orange background and BTM3 means the model was in the bottom three, and may have been given another chance by America to stay in the competition.
- Dark Orange background and BTM2 means the model was in the bottom two, and may have been given another chance by America to stay in the competition.
- Tomato background and OUT means the model was in the bottom three, but was not given another chance by America, and was sent home.
- Light Green background and FINALIST means the Final 4 were placed in the hands of America to make one of the four a Supermodel.
- Yellow Green background and OUT means the model was a runner up for the competition.
- Royal Blue background and Winner means this model won the entire competition, and was voted by America to become a Supermodel.
Note: In Episode 10, only two people were in the bottom. Episode 12 was a reunion for the top four to look back with the eliminated contestants.
- Stephanie Bulger has signed with New York Model Management - Division: nym2 - Women, and L.A. Models.
- Katy Caswell has signed with Chi-Town Modeling Agency.
- Ben DiChiara was signed with New York Model Management - Division: Men. He left the industry to start working in Nashville Fire Department. He and his wife expected their first baby and was born on October 2009.
- Frankie Godoy has signed with Why Not Model Agency in Milan, Italy - Division: Man, Out of Town.
- Jacki Hydock has signed with Bloom Model Management - Division: Women, Request Model Management - Division: Women.
- Holly Kiser has signed with New York Model Management - Division: Women, L.A. Model Management - Division: Women, Connected Models in Hong Kong, China - Division: Women, and Red Eleven - Division: Women
- Ronnie Kroell has signed with New York Model Management - Division: Men.
- Aryn Livingston was signed with New York Model Management - Division: nym2 - Women.
- Jay McGee has signed with MC2 Model Management in Miami, D1 Models in London (as Jerry McGee), and Click Model Management in Atlanta.
- Shannon Pallay has signed with New York Model Management - Division: Women.
- Dominic Prietto has signed with Imodel and talent. - Division: i Men L.A.
- Casey Skinner has signed with New York Model Management - Division: Men.
- Perry Ullmann has signed with New York Model Management - Division: Men, and L.A. Model Management - Division: Men.
- ^ a b Make Me A Supermodel: Episode One, About.com
- ^ a b Make Me A Supermodel: Episode Two, About.com
- ^ a b Make Me A Supermodel: Episode Three, About.com
- ^ a b Make Me A Supermodel: Episode Four, About.com
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel Episode 5 portfolio, BravoTV.com
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel Episode 5 catwalk video, BravoTV.com
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Sarah Swartz
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Dominic Prietto
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Aryn Livingston
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Jay McGee
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Katy Caswell
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Stephanie Bulger
- ^ Tasci, Canan (January 10, 2008). "Next 'SUPERMODEL'?". Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (Ontario, California). http://www.foxreality.com/news.php?id=51258&type=news. via FoxReality.com
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Jacki Hydock
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Frankie Godoy
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Casey Skinner
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Shannon Pallay
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Perry Ullmann
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Ben DiChiara
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Ronnie Kroell
- '^ Aterovis, Josh (January 9, 2008). "Interview with Make Me A Supermodels Ronnie Kroell". AfterElton.com. http://www.afterelton.com/people/2008/1/ronniekroell.
- ^ Make Me a Supermodel official website, Bios section, Holly Kiser
- ^ Perry, Samantha. "Holly stays to the end of 'Supermodel' competition, while staying true to her Appalachian roots", Bluefield Daily Telegraph (Bluefield-Princeton, West Virginia), March 29, 2008
- ^ MMAS Blog - Ben DiChiara - Catching Up With Ben
- ^ Jerry McGee Profile, d1models.com
Current Hosts Current Judges Current sponsors Former Hosts Former Judges Former Sponsors1: GQ Magazine Seasons Winners
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Make Me a Supermodel (season 2) — Make Me a Supermodel Season 2 Format Reality Starring Tyson Beckford Nicole Trunfio Country of origin … Wikipedia
Make Me a Supermodel — may refer to: Make Me a Supermodel (UK TV series), the original British version aired on Five Make Me a Supermodel (U.S. TV series), the American version on Bravo (US TV channel) Make Me a Supermodel (season 2) Make Me a Supermodel (Australian TV … Wikipedia
Make Me a Supermodel (U.S. TV series) — Make Me a Supermodel Make Me a Supermodel logo. Genre Fashion, Reality Starring Tyson Beckford … Wikipedia
Make Me a Supermodel (Australian TV series) — Make Me a Supermodel Genre Reality Presented by Jennifer Hawkins(Season 1) Tyson Beckford (Season 1) … Wikipedia
Make Me a Supermodel (UK TV series) — Make Me a Supermodel Make Me a Supermodel logo. Genre Fashion, Reality Starring Fearne Co … Wikipedia
RuPaul's Drag Race (season 1) — RuPaul s Drag Race Logo of the show including a lipstick case with Logo inscribed Format Reality television Created by RuPaul Andre Charle … Wikipedia
List of Yin Yang Yo! Season 3 episodes — These are episodes in Season 3 of the series, Yin Yang Yo!. The season haves 52 episodes. Season four will have 26 episodes. Episodes Circus YoYo is tired of being like a janitor to his apprentices so he joins the circus instead. Villain:… … Wikipedia
RuPaul's Drag Race (season 3) — RuPaul s Drag Race Logo for Season 3 Format Reality television Created by RuPaul Andre Charles … Wikipedia
RuPaul's Drag Race (season 2) — RuPaul s Drag Race Season 2 Logo Format Reality television Created by RuPaul Andre Charles Di … Wikipedia
Frasier (season 5) — Frasier Season 5 Country of origin United States No. of episodes 24 Broadcast Original channel NBC … Wikipedia