Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Format Action/Adventure
Created by Haim Saban
Starring Archie Kao
Voices of Wendee Lee
Country of origin United States No. of episodes 45 (List of episodes) Production Executive producer(s) Haim Saban
Producer(s) Jonathan Tzachor Running time 30 minutes Production company(s) Saban Entertainment Broadcast Original channel Fox (Fox Kids) Picture format 480i (SDTV) Original run February 6, 1999 – December 18, 1999 Chronology Preceded by Power Rangers in Space Followed by Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue
Power Rangers Lost Galaxy (often abbreviated as PRLG and often simply called Lost Galaxy) is the fifth television series and seventh installment of the Power Rangers franchise that aired in 1999. It featured familiar elements from previous incarnations. It is based on the Japanese Super Sentai television series Seijuu Sentai Gingaman. Like its predecessor, the original theme of its Sentai source (i.e. the forest) was not used.
This is the first Power Rangers series to not be a continuation of the previous series, with its own new cast and story. With the annual suit change that began with Power Rangers Zeo and the annual cast and story change starting with this series, this is the first series to follow the practice set by the Super Sentai series. However, Paul Schrier and Jack Banning reprised their roles as Bulk and Professor Phenomenus, respectively. Alpha 6 and the Astro Megaship were used again and Melody Perkins reprised her role as Karone three quarters of the way through the series and became the Pink Ranger. Originally Cassie Chan was going to absorb the Pink Lost Galaxy Ranger powers, but actress Patricia Ja Lee decided to quit after a dispute with the show's producers. This is also the first season to have sentient Zords and feature the death of a Power Ranger in battle (though Kendrix would be revived in the finale).
Thus, the Lost Galaxy season serves as something of a transitional series and also a unique one in Power Rangers history. It is neither completely self-contained nor a direct continuation, but a bit of both. The seasons would not begin to have completely independent stories until the following series, Lightspeed Rescue. The season's main villain, Trakeena, played by Amy Miller, has also been praised for the character's dark development, more unique for Power Rangers.
Lost Galaxy went through a great amount of re-writing, most notably more information surrounding the title, which really didn't have much to do with the Rangers. According to some of the show's writers, Mirinoi was going to be located in the Lost Galaxy, Zordon was going to be responsible for creating the Rangers' powers, and the Magna Defender powers were going to be linked closer with the Quasar Sabers. The romance of the Red and Pink Rangers, Leo and Kendrix, was going to develop more and be more important to the story, but due to Valerie Vernon's leukemia and departure from the show, the story arcs were scrapped. Despite high production values, the show's ratings faced an abrupt decline near the end of the season, which led fans to believe that the studio wrapped up the series earlier than planned in order to cover their costs.
According to trademark documents, the original title for the series was slated to be Power Rangers Space Jungle.
Power Rangers Lost Galaxy is also the first out of all the seasons of the show to kill off most of its villains. It is also the series to use a villain costume from a past series of Super Sentai, and of that, it was Furio's costume, whose costume is from Denji Sentai Megaranger.
In the fictional universe of Lost Galaxy, four young adults from Angel Grove (Leo, Mike, Kai, and Kendrix) are leaving for the space colony Terra Venture seeking a new world like Earth. The time is not long after the events of Power Rangers in Space. They later meet a mechanic named Damon, and on the Moon, a jungle girl named Maya who leads them to five mystical swords known as the Quasar Sabers on her home planet of Mirinoi. After pulling the sabers out of a stone, one of the youths, Mike Corbett, falls into a crevasse, but not before passing his saber onto his younger brother Leo Corbett.
With the Quasar Sabers, the teens transform into the Galaxy Power Rangers and use them to battle space villains from two different parts of the galaxy. These villains include Scorpius, Trakeena, Deviot and Captain Mutiny. Along the way, they discover several zords known as Galactabeasts and make an ally in the form of the mysterious Magna Defender, a galactic warrior. Though he later dies, he manages to reveal that his host body is Mike Corbett and passes the Magna Defender powers to him.
When Deviot revives the evil Psycho Rangers, the Rangers of Power Rangers in Space show up to aid the Galaxy Rangers in destroying them. During this saga, Kendrix Morgan, the Pink Ranger, sacrifices herself to protect the Pink Space Ranger and Terra Venture from Psycho Pink. Karone, sister of the Red Space Ranger Andros and former evil princess Astronema, is given the powers of the Pink Galaxy Ranger from Kendrix (who appears as a spirit), and joins the Rangers in the battle to protect Terra Venture.
The Galaxy Rangers
- Leo Corbett
- Is the main character and the Red Galaxy Ranger. As the leader of the Galaxy Power Rangers, he was given the Lion Quasar Saber by his brother Mike. He controls the element of fire. He was portrayed by Danny Slavin.
- Damon Henderson
- is the Green Galaxy Ranger. He was first the Astro Megaship's mechanic, but then became one of Terra Venture's mechanics. He has a wisecracking and playful nature. He wields the Condor Quasar Saber and controls the element of wind. He was portrayed by Reggie Rolle.
- Kai Chen
- is the Blue Galaxy Ranger. He is Terra Venture's communications expert and helps pilot the Astro Megaship. He is straight-laced, sensible and ambitious. He wields the Gorilla Quasar Saber and controls the element of water. He was portrayed by Archie Kao.
- is the Yellow Galaxy Ranger. Maya is a jungle girl from the planet Mirinoi. After Mirinoi was turned to stone, she joined the other rangers on a quest to defeat Trakeena. She wields the Wolf Quasar Saber and controls the element of thunder. She was portrayed by Cerina Vincent.
- Kendrix Morgan
- is the original Pink Galaxy Ranger. Kendrix was one of Terra Venture's scientists, but killed in battle protecting Cassie, the Pink Space Ranger and Terra Venture from Psycho Pink. As a spirit, she rescued Karone after she fell off a cliff fighting Trakeena and passed her powers onto her. When the Rangers returned their Quasar Sabers to the stone they were pulled from, Kendrix was revived as part of the restoration of Mirinoi. She wields the Wildcat Quasar Saber and controls the element of nature. She was portrayed by Valerie Vernon.
- Mike Corbett
- is the Magna Defender. He is the head of security for Terra Venture. He initially pulled the Red Quasar Saber out of the stone, but gave it to his brother Leo when he fell into a crevasse. He later became the Magna Defender and controls the element of plasma. He was portrayed by Russell Lawrence.
- took over as the new Pink Galaxy Ranger when Kendrix died. She is the sister of Andros, the Red Space Ranger and is the former evil ruler Astronema. She controls the element of nature. She was portrayed by Melody Perkins.
- Alpha 6: voiced by Wendee Lee
- D.E.C.A.: voiced by Julie Maddalena
- Commander Stanton: portrayed by Tom Whyte
- Councilor Brody: portrayed by Jack Betts
- High Councilor Renier: portrayed by Betty Hawkins.
- Magna Defender: voiced by Kerrigan Mahan
- Farkus "Bulk" Bulkmeier: portrayed by Paul Schrier.
- Professor Phenomenus: portrayed by Jack Banning.
- Space Power Rangers
- Lightspeed Rescue Power Rangers
- Scorpius: voiced by Kim Strauss
- Trakeena: portrayed by Amy Miller
- Furio: voiced by Tom Wyner
- Treacheron: voiced by Derek Stephen Prince
- Deviot: voiced by Bob Papenbrook
- Villamax: voiced by David Lodge
- Kegler: voiced by Richard Cansino
- Sting Wingers:
- Captain Mutiny: voiced by Mike Reynolds
- Barbarax: voiced by Richard Epcar
- Hexuba: voiced by Rajia Baroudi
- Transmorphers: Wrist-mounted devices that each feature a dial set to one of the five Ranger colors. Once the Transmorphers are activated with a cry of "Go Galactic!", the wearers become the Galaxy Rangers.
- Magna Defender Morpher: Upon calling out "Magna Power!", Leo Corbett's older brother Mike uses these interlocking devices to don his Magna Defender armor. Originally used as the Aurachanger in Gosei Sentai Dairanger, only parts of which are adapted for MMPR season 2.
- Quasar Sabers: A quintet of legendary swords that rested on the Planet Mirinoi for over 3,000 years awaiting the chosen ones of legend. Once released from the stone, the Sabers grant each of their wielders Ranger powers. They can charge up for elemental slashes and can slice through chain.
- Transdaggers: Unique weapons that the Rangers took from an arms dealer who tried to steal the Quasar Sabers. When held together in a star-like pattern, the Transdaggers can project an intense blast. They also change the galactabeasts into galactazords. Each Transdagger can change into one of the five following modes:
- Magna Talon: Red Ranger's weapon of choice.
- Trans Blaster: Green Ranger's weapon of choice.
- Cosma Claw: Blue Ranger's weapon of choice.
- Delta Daggers: Yellow Ranger's weapons of choice.
- Beta Bow: Pink Ranger's weapon of choice.
- Quasar Launchers: Weapons carried by each Ranger that can serve as a staff for close combat or a bazooka for a finishing blast. Their firepower can be increased when used with the Lights Of Orion.
- Magna Blaster: The Magna Defender's signature rifle can also transform into a sword when the gun's handle is bent back and pulled out.
- Lights of Orion: A mystical source of energy sought by both the Rangers and the villains, although the Rangers eventually claim them. Summoned with the call "Lights of Orion, activate!", the Lights give the team special golden armor that encase not only the Rangers, but upgrade their Quasar Sabers as well as the Galaxy Megazord on occasion. While wearing the Orion Armor, the Rangers can destroy monsters by changing into a pulse of light and blasting through them. However, the Lights of Orion cannot be summoned unless all five Rangers are present.
- Battlizer: With help from Karone, who atoned for her past of imprisoning an ancient warrior, Leo was given a set of enchanted keys which allow him to morph into the Red Armor Power Ranger. The armor features retractable claws and an in-built targeting system.
- Jet Jammers: Each Ranger pilots these one-man cruisers for interstellar travel.
- Astro Cycles: Motorcycles used by the Red, Blue and Green Rangers, with each cycle themed after their respective Galactabeast.
- Red Capsular Cycle: Enhanced version of the Red Astro Cycle, capable of completely covering the Red Ranger before being launched forth while engulfed in flame to kill opponents.
The Zords in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy are actually Galactabeasts, ancient creatures that have their powers imbued within the Galaxy Sabers. They can transform into the Galactazords and form a Megazord. The Magna Defender has his own Zord that can make him grow to Zord size and then combine with him. The other Zords used to be Galactabeasts that were transformed into robots.
# Air Date Episode Title 1 1999-02-06 "Quasar Quest, Part I" 2 1999-02-13 "Quasar Quest, Part II" 3 1999-02-20 "Race to the Rescue" 4 1999-02-27 "Rookie in Red" 5 1999-03-06 "Homesick" 6 1999-03-13 "The Lights of Orion" 7 1999-03-20 "Double Duty" 8 1999-03-27 "The Blue Crush" 9 1999-04-03 "The Magna Defender" 10 1999-04-10 "The Sunflower Search" 11 1999-04-17 "Silent Sleep" 12 1999-05-01 "Orion Rising" 13 1999-05-08 "Orion Returns" 14 1999-05-15 "Shark Attack" 15 1999-05-22 "Redemption Day" 16 1999-09-25 "Destined for Greatness" 17 1999-10-02 "Stolen Beauty" 18 1999-10-09 "The Rescue Mission" 19 1999-10-16 "The Lost Galactabeasts, Part I" 20 1999-10-22 "The Lost Galactabeasts, Part II" 21 1999-10-23 "Heir to the Throne" 22 1999-10-25 "An Evil Game" 23 1999-10-26 "Memories of Mirinoi" 24 1999-10-27 "Green Courage" 25 1999-10-28 "Blue to the Test" 26 1999-10-29 "Mean Wheels Mantis" 27 1999-11-01 "Loyax' Last Battle" 28 1999-11-02 "A Red Romance" 29 1999-11-03 "The Chameliac Warrior" 30 1999-11-04 "To the Tenth Power" 31 1999-11-05 "The Power of Pink" 32 1999-11-08 "Protect the Quasar Saber" 33 1999-11-09 "Facing the Past" 34 1999-11-10 "Turn Up the Volume" 35 1999-11-11 "Enter the Lost Galaxy" 36 1999-11-12 "Beware the Mutiny" 37 1999-11-15 "Grunchor on the Loose" 38 1999-11-16 "Until Sunset" 39 1999-11-17 "Dream Battle" 40 1999-11-18 "Hexuba's Graveyard" 41 1999-11-19 "Raise the Titanisaur" 42 1999-12-03 "Escape the Lost Galaxy" 43 1999-12-16 "Journey's End, Part I" 44 1999-12-17 "Journey's End, Part II" 45 1999-12-18 "Journey's End, Part III"
- ^ Weiss, Tara (1999-03-23). "MAGNA DEFENDER JOINS POWER RANGERS AS... FRIEND OR FOE?". Hartford Courant - Hartford, Conn.. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/courant/access/39994350.html?dids=39994350:39994350&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Mar+23,+1999&author=TARA+WEISS;+Courant+Staff+Writer&pub=Hartford+Courant&desc=MAGNA+DEFENDER+JOINS+POWER+RANGERS+AS...+FRIEND+OR+FOE%3F&pqatl=google. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- ^ Power Rangers blast out of this world, The Dallas Morning News - April 25, 1999
Power Rangers MediaTV seriesFilmsMighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie • Turbo: A Power Rangers MovieVideo games Characters Miscellany Related Saban series See also
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Power Rangers: la galaxia perdida — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Título original Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Títulos en otras lenguas Power Rangers: La Galaxia Perdida (Latinoamérica) Género … Wikipedia Español
Power Rangers: La Galaxia Perdida — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Título original Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Títulos en otras lenguas Power Rangers: La Galaxia Perdida (Latinoamérica) Género … Wikipedia Español
Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue — Format Action/Adventure Science fantasy Written by Judd … Wikipedia
Power Rangers Time Force — Format Action/Adventure Science fantasy Written by Judd Lynn … Wikipedia
Power Rangers Super Patrulla Delta — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Power Rangers SPD (Space Patrol Delta) Título original Power Rangers S.P.D (Space Patrol Delta) Títulos en otras lenguas Power Rangers S.P.D (Super Patrulla Delta) (Latino América) Género … Wikipedia Español
Power rangers — Cet article concerne l intégralité de la saga. Pour les trois premières saisons, voir Power Rangers (Mighty Morph n). Power Rangers Genre Science fiction, action Créateur(s) Haim Saban Production Saban Entertainment (1993 2001) Walt … Wikipédia en Français
Power Rangers : L'autre galaxie — Power Rangers: L autre galaxie Titre original Power Rangers: Lost galaxy Genre Action Aventure sentai Création Haim Saban Toei Company Pays … Wikipédia en Français
Galaxy Power Rangers — The Galaxy Power Rangers are fictional characters in the Power Rangers universe and the main protagonists of the television series Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. The Galaxy Power Rangers gained their powers through use of the Quasar Sabers ancient… … Wikipedia
Power Rangers — The current logo for the Power Rangers franchise … Wikipedia
Power Rangers — Este artículo o sección necesita una revisión de ortografía y gramática. Puedes colaborar editándolo (lee aquí sugerencias para mejorar tu ortografía). Cuando se haya corregido, borra este aviso por favor … Wikipedia Español