Drew is an unincorporated community in Douglas County, Oregon, United States. It is located about six miles south of Tiller and 21 miles north of Trail on Oregon Route 227, surrounded by the Umpqua National Forest.
Drew was probably named after Robert Drew, a local resident. Drew post office was established in 1902 and discontinued in 1971. In 1915 the community had a public school, and the nearest railroad point was 32 miles away in Riddle. As of 1990 there were only a few houses. Drew has a general store and a museum in the former Tison School building, built of logs in 1906.
At one time Drew's economy was based primarily on logging, but in a 2006 study, the federal government identified the Milo-Tiller-Drew area as a "community of concern" because of the negative impact the Northwest Forest Plan had on it.
- ^ "Drew". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. November 28, 1980. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:1141234. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- ^ Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 61. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- ^ a b McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) [First published 1928]. Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 302. ISBN 9780875952772. OCLC 53075956.
- ^ a b Friedman, Ralph (1990). In Search of Western Oregon (2nd ed.). Caldwell, Idaho: The Caxton Printers, Ltd. p. 554. ISBN 0-87004-332-3. http://books.google.com/books?id=4i1grNoMcWgC&dq=In+Search+of+Western+Oregon&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=EqYsMxgjFV&sig=-LgVXTSELf6PF3blbmVNAxkDOnE&hl=en&ei=AgQvS-CDI42otgPR69C5BA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Drew&f=false.
- ^ "Our Town". News-Review: p. 56. October 29, 2010. http://www.scribd.com/doc/41075089/Our-Town-October-2010. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- ^ Daniel, Green; Charles McKetta (May 16, 2007). "Secure Rural Schools Payments Termination: Impacts on Oregon's O&C County Economies". Oregon Department of Forestry. http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/BOARD/docs/FFAC_SRA_Termination_Impacts.pdf?ga=t. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
Municipalities and communities of Douglas County, Oregon Cities CDPs Unincorporated
Anlauf | Ash | Azalea | Brockway | Camas Valley | Curtin | Days Creek | Dillard | Drew | Elkhead | Gardiner | Idleyld Park | Leona | Lookingglass | Melrose | Millwood | Milo | Nonpareil | Peel | Rice Hill | Round Prairie | Scottsburg | Shady | Steamboat | Tenmile | Tiller | Umpqua | Wilbur | Winchester
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Drew — ist eine Variante des englischen Vornamens Andrew. Namensträger sind: Drew Bagnall (* 1983), kanadischer Eishockeyspieler Drew Barrymore (* 1975), US amerikanische Schauspielerin Drew Bledsoe (* 1972), US amerikanischer Football Spieler Drew… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Drew Struzan — Struzan (right) and Frank Darabont (left) signing a limited edition poster for the TV Series The Walking Dead. Born 1947 (age 63–64) Oregon City, Oregon, United States … Wikipedia
Oregon International Air Show — Blue Angels jet in 2007 Host airport: Hillsboro Airport Location: Hillsboro, Oregon … Wikipedia
Drew Stanton — No. 5 Detroit Lions Quarterback Personal information Date of birth: May 7, 1984 (1984 05 07) (age 27) Place … Wikipedia
Drew Struzan — Nom de naissance Drew C. Struzan Naissance mars 1947 Portland, Oregon, USA Nationalité États Unis … Wikipédia en Français
Drew Carpenter — Carpenter, August 28, 2008 Toronto Blue Jays No … Wikipedia
Oregon State Capitol — U.S. National Register of Historic Places … Wikipedia
Oregon Democratic primary, 2008 — 2006 ← May 20, 2008 → 2010 … Wikipedia
Oregon Rangers — Active 1844 1846 Country Provisional Government of Oregon Type … Wikipedia
Drew Bledsoe — stretching before a game in 2005. No. 11 Quarterback Personal information … Wikipedia