Dr. Rita Chowdhury Born August 20, 1960
Tirap, Arunachal Pradesh
Occupation Novelist, poet, Lecturer Nationality Indian Ethnicity Assamese Citizenship Indian Education MA, LLB, PhD Period 1981-present Literary movement Assam Movement Notable work(s) Deo Langkhui Notable award(s) Asom Shitya Sabha Award,
2006: Kolaguru Bishnuprasad Rabha Award,
2008: Sahitya Akademi Award
Spouse(s) Chandra Mohan Patowary
Dr. Rita Chowdhury (Assamese:ৰীতা চৌধুৰী) (born 20 August 1960) is an established poet, novelist and also Sahitya Akademi Award recipient in the world of Assamese literature. She is presently working as a Senior Lecturer in Cotton College, Guwahati, Assam in Political Science Department. Daughter of Biraja Nanda Chowdhury, she was born in Tirap District of Arunachal Pradesh.
She did her schooling in Upper Haflong L.P. School and Higher Secondary in Margherita Public Higher Secondary School. She is double MA in Political Science and Assamese with an LLB and also a Ph.D. now.
She was also one of the prominent members of Jatiyatabadi Juba Chatra Parishad during the Assam agitation and was imprisoned twice in Guwahati and thrice in Dibrugarh Jail.
Dr Chowdhury’s first novel was Abirata Jatra (English: Incessant Journey) in 1981 which won the first prize in a competition held by Asom Sahitya Sabha on the contemporary Assamese situation. She wrote this novel while she had to go underground during the Assam Movement. She was also the editor of Adharxila from 2001-2002.
- Abirata Jatra (Incessant Journey) in 1981 published by Bani Mandir, Dibrugarh
- Thirthabhumi (The Shrine) in 1988 published by Deepti Prakashan, Guwahati
- Maha Jibanar Adharshila (Foundation stone of Great Life) in 1993 published by Jyoti Prakashan, Guwahati
- Nayana Tarali Sujata in (1996), published by Lawyer's Book Stall, Guwahati
- Popiya Torar Xadhu (Tale of a Meteor) in 1998 published by Cambridge India, Guwahati
- Ragmalkosh in (1999), published by Assam Book Depot, Guwahati
- Jala Padma (Water-Lotus) in 1999 published by Assam Book Depot, Guwahati
- Hridoy Nirupai (The Helpless Heart) in 2003 published by Jyoti Prakashan, Guwahati
- Deo Langkhui (The Divine Sword) in 2005 published by Jyoti Prakashan, Guwahati
- Makam (The golden horse) in 2010 published by Jyoti prakash [(Guwahati)]
- Xudoor Nakshatra (The Far-off Star) in 1989, published by Sofia Publishers, Guwahati
- Banariya Batahar Xuhuri in 1996
- Alop Pooharar Alop Andharar (Streaks of Light and Darkness) in 1997 published by Lawyer's Book Stall, Guwahati
- Boga Matir Tulaxi (Black Basil on White Soil) in 1999 published by Lawyer's Book Stall, Guwahati
- Rajeev Eeshwar
- Ai xomoy xei xomoy
- Asom Shitya Sabha Award.
- Kolaguru Bishnuprasad Rabha Award, 2006.
- Sahitya Akademi Award, 2008.
- ^ a b Bhattacharjee, Subhamoy (2009-01-26). "Royal allowance to community kings of Assam". http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=156608. Retrieved 2009-08-02.
- ^ a b "Literary feats lauded". The Assam Tribune. (Monday, December 29, 2008). http://www.assamtribune.com/scripts/details.asp?id=dec2908/City2. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- ^ a b c d "Chowdhury, Narzary given Akademi award". The Assam Tribune. (Wednesday, February 18, 2009). http://www.assamtribune.com/scripts/details.asp?id=feb1809/at05. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- ^ Editor, Assam Times (2008-12-23). "Sahitya Academy award to 2 Assamese litterateurs". http://www.assamtimes.org/knowledge-development/2474.html. Retrieved 2009-08-02.
- ^ "Sahitya Adademi Awards for Choudhury, Narzary". 2008-12-23. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-1617166911.html. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Rita Chowdhury — (Asamés:ৰীতা চৌধুৰী) Tirap, Arunachal Pradesh, 20 de agosto de 1960) poetisa y novelista india en asamés ganadora del Premio Sahitya Akademi.  profesora del Cotton College, Guwahati, Assam en el Departamento de Ciencias Políticas. … Wikipedia Español
Deo Langkhui — The Cover Page of Deo Langkhui … Wikipedia
Biplobi Bangla Congress — (Revolutionary Bengali Congress), political party in West Bengal, India. Emerged as a splinter group of Bangla Congress ahead of the 1971 elections. BBC is led by Sunil Chaudhury and is part of the Left Front. Around March 2001 there were reports … Wikipedia
Cotton College, Guwahati — Cotton College is a premier institution for higher education located in the heart of Guwahati, Assam, a northeastern state of India. Cotton College, the premier college of Assam File:.jpg==History== Cotton College was declared open on May 27,… … Wikipedia
List of Oriya films — List of films produced in Oriya cinema in the Oriya language. Contents 1 1936 1960 2 1960 in film 3 1962 in film 4 1963 in film … Wikipedia
Anexo:Todos los Personajes de Harry Potter — Se ha sugerido que este artículo o sección sea fusionado en Anexo:Personajes de Harry Potter (discusión). Una vez que hayas realizado la fusión de artículos, pide la fusión de historiales aquí … Wikipedia Español
13th Lok Sabha — The 13th Lok Sabha is the 13th session of the Lok Sabha(House of the People, or lower house in the Parliament of India). It was convened after Indian general election, 1999 held during September October, 1999 andcontinued until June 2004, when… … Wikipedia
Chirodini Tumi Je Amar — Poster of Chirodini Tumi Je Amar Directed by Raj Chakraborty Produced by … Wikipedia
Harry Potter und der Feuerkelch (Film) — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel Harry Potter und der Feuerkelch Originaltitel Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire … Deutsch Wikipedia
Filmfare Award du meilleur second rôle féminin — Cette page recense les lauréates des Filmfare Awards pour le meilleur second rôle féminin (Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress), un prix remis par le magazine Filmfare depuis 1955. La première lauréate fut Usha Kiran pour le film Baadbaan … Wikipédia en Français