Fusion (Eclipse Comics)
If this infobox is not supposed to have an image, please add "|noimage=yes".
Publication information Publisher Eclipse Comics Schedule Monthly Format Ongoing series Genre Science fiction Publication date January 1987 – October 1989 Number of issues 17 Main character(s) Indio Tremaine
Creative team Writer(s) Steven Barnes
Penciller(s) Lela Dowling
Editor(s) Lex Nakashima
Fusion was an American comic book series published from 1987–1989 by Eclipse Comics, whose creative team included the writer Steven Barnes, the artists Lela Dowling and Steve Gallacci, conceptual editor Lex Nakashima and many more.
The world of Fusion is centuries in our future, when a series of galactic wars have led to a spiraling arms race between "tekkers and splicers" — that is, between those who take a technological and technocratic route to improving humanity, and those who have abandoned humanity altogether through genetic engineering. The story involves the exploits of a group of space mercenaries in an era when humans who have not been enhanced either genetically or cybernetically, are becoming extremely rare.
From the first issue, the book included two back up series featuring Dr. Watchstop, and the Weasel Patrol, a comic stemming from doodles "drawn" of Tan.
The only recurring characters are the crew of the mercenary spaceship Tsunami.
- Indio Tremaine: Captain. Human. Born into the Clan of the Three Suns, of which she is the only survivor.
- Dow Cook: Synthetic human bio-engineered invulnerable to shock and trauma and with enhanced self-healing ability. Very insecure about himself.
- Tan: A musteliform bred from Terran otter stock. Canadian, an alumnus of Labatt's Tech (a fictitious university named after the beer). An alcoholic mechanical and electronics wizard with a severe gambling problem. Never goes anywhere without his leather pilot cap and goggles.
- Beolvoch: A meehook. Something like a dinosaur with feathers. Has an extremely high metabolic rate and thus a voracious appetite for raw meat. Must eat regularly and copiously to stay active. Consequently spends much time in a suspended animation state or complaining that he is hungry. Appears to be a genuine alien species rather than uplifted and genetically engineered earthform.
- Alshain: A felinoid; a temperamental and somewhat edgy pilot.
- Carz: A leoniform with only one working eye. He is generally a steadying influence, but when he loses it, beware!
- Herrick: A hawklike creature, of military caste. Dies very early in the series, in one of many moves which went against formula. Appears in "how we got here" sequences.
- Haven: A birdlike creature with well-developed nesting instincts. She is a doctor by training.
- Eddie: Modelled after some creature with very long ears and a prehensile tail. Likes to hang upside down. A cool dude in shades and khakis or Hawaiian shirts. Nothing rattles Eddie. Was a classmate of Tan at Labatt's.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Eclipse Comics — was an American comic book publisher, one of several influential independent publishers during the 1980s and early 1990s. In 1978, it published the first graphic novel for the newly created comic book specialty store market. It was one of the… … Wikipedia
Fusion — can refer to combining two or more distinct things *Cell fusion *Freezing, a chemistry term for a liquid undergoing a phase change into a solid *Gene fusion, a genetic event and molecular biology technique *Nuclear fusion, the process by which… … Wikipedia
Fusion (comics) — Fusion was a comic book published in 1987 by Eclipse Comics, whose creative team included the writer Steven Barnes, the artists Lela Dowling and Steve Gallacci, conceptual editor Lex Nakashima and many more.The world of Fusion is centuries in our … Wikipedia
Digital Eclipse — Software Digital Eclipse Software modifier … Wikipédia en Français
Digital Eclipse Software — modifier … Wikipédia en Français
List of comic books — This is a list of comic books. See also List of comic creators.Argentina ( historieta )* Alack Sinner by Carlos Sampayo (author) and José Antonio Muñoz (artist) * Bárbara by Ricardo Barreiro (author) and Juan Zanotto (artist) * El Eternauta by… … Wikipedia
List of black superheroes — This is a list of black superheroes from the continent of Africa, the United States, Europe, Canada, Micronesia, New Zealand, Australia, the West Indies and elsewhere.Top publishersDC Comics* Amanda Waller (Suicide Squad, Checkmate) * Amazing Man … Wikipedia
Steve Gallacci — Steven A. Gallacci (born 1955) is best known for creating and publishing Albedo Anthropomorphics , a black and white alternative comic containing anthropomorphic funny animal characters, which has been considered a major factor in the origins of… … Wikipedia
Lex Nakashima — was an editor with Eclipse Comics during the mid 1980s. He originated and edited The Dreamery , contacting and hiring artists such as Donna Barr and Lela Dowling. He was also the story editor of Fusion … Wikipedia
Warner Bros — Warner Bros. Cet article traite de la Warner Bros. Pictures et de la Warner Bros. Entertainment plus généralement, pour les autres acceptations, voir Warner … Wikipédia en Français