Dialogic Corporation Type Private Industry Telecommunication Founded 2009 Headquarters Montreal, Canada Website www.dialogic.com
Dialogic Corporation is a designer, developer and manufacturer of communication products. It was founded in 1984 in Montreal, Canada. Dialogic products are sold worldwide through a large network of distributors and resellers, and supplied to OEMs.
Brief Company History
The original 'Dialogic' was bought by Intel in 1999 and run as the Media & Signaling Division. In October 2006, Eicon Networks bought the Media & Signaling Division of Intel and then changed its name to Dialogic.
Since the formation of the new 'Dialogic' other competitors in the same industry have been acquired and merged into the company, including NMS Communications and Cantata. The latter was itself a collection of companies including Brooktrout and the Excel Switching Corporation.
In early 2008, Dialogic also acquired Open Media Labs, which now functions as Dialogic Media Labs, and is has an expertise in the area of video algorithms.
May 2010 saw Dialogic announcing a merger with San Jose, California-based Veraz Networks, a company interesting for its SBC and compression technology. The resulting company would retain the name Dialogic, and Nick Jensen as overall CEO.
The product range includes Media Servers, Media Gateways, Media Boards (voice & fax) and signalling products. There are also a variety of products serving legacy markets like X.25 (Eiconcard) and consumer ISDN.
Media server products include Dialogic Host Media Processing (HMP), with MSML capability, and two appliance products: IP Media Server and Vision VX Gateway, using open standards like VoiceXML, CCXML, MSCML and SIP. The IP Media Server and HMP were realigned in 2010 into a product family, PowerMedia, adding new products Web Media Server (WMS) and Media Server Connector (MSC).
The Dialogic Media Gateway (DMG) is a range of appliances addressing the needs of enterprises, combining SIP and PSTN technologies. For the service provider market, there is the Integrated Media Gateway (IMG) and Multi-Services Platform (MSP). The Vision CX gateway is a 3G-324M video gateway, capable of converting IP media video media (for example MPEG-4) to the format required for 3G mobile phones.
Several product families of media boards (from different company acquisitions) are still in production, including DM3, JCT, Diva, CG, Brooktrout TR. The boards cover a range of technologies including E1/T1, VoIP, Fax and so on.
Signalling products are to connect to SS7 networks, and include the Signalling Interface Unit (SIU), the Multi Services Platform (MSP) and DSI and TX boards and protocol stacks.
- ^ Dunlap, Tom (July 13, 1999). "Intel completes Dialogic merger". Cnet. http://news.cnet.com/Short-Take-Intel-completes-Dialogic-merger/2110-1001_3-228363.html. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ^ "Eicon Networks to Purchase Intel's Media and Signaling Business" (Press release). Intel. August 9, 2006. http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20060809corp.htm. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ^ "Dialogic Corporation Enters into Agreement to Acquire NMS Communications Platforms Business" (Press release). Newswire. September 15, 2008. http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/39763/. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ^ "Dialogic Corporation Acquires Cantata Through Purchase of EAS Group, Inc." (Press release). OpenPR. April 4, 2008. http://www.openpr.com/pdf/29960/Dialogic-Corporation-Acquires-Cantata-Through-Purchase-of-EAS-Group-Inc.pdf. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ^ Franchina, Lisa (October 21, 2005). "Excel Switching Corp. Hooks Brooktrout, Inc. in merger". TMCnet. http://www.tmcnet.com/channels/voip-gateways/voip-gateways-articles/voip-brooktrout-excel-merger.htm. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ^ "Brooktrout to Acquire SnowShore Networks" (Press release). PR Newswire. March 26, 2004. http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=119979. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ^ "Dialogic Corporation Acquires OpenMediaLabs' Business" (Press release). Reuters. March 4, 2008. http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS149380+04-Mar-2008+BW20080304. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ^ Mohney, Doug. "Nick Jensen, President and CEO, Dialogic". VON Magazine. pp. 17. http://www.vonmag-digital.com/vonmag/200712/. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ^ Tehrani, Rich (October 21, 2008). "Dialogic: Video is the New Voice". TCMnet. http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/rich-tehrani/apple/dialogic-video-is-the-new-voice.html. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ^ "Veraz Networks and Dialogic Announce Definitive Agreement to Merge" (Press release). Marketwire. May 12, 2010. http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Veraz-Networks-and-Dialogic-Announce-Definitive-Agreement-to-Merge-NASDAQ-VRAZ-1259271.htm. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- ^ "Dialogic Eyes Video Compression, SBC Market with Veraz Acquisition". TMCNet. Aug 10, 2010. http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/rich-tehrani/video/dialogic-eyes-video-compression-sbc-market-with-veraz-acquisition.html. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- ^ "Dialogic PowerMedia Products Enable Real-Time Multimedia Communication Applications Over Advanced Networks" (Press release). Marketwire. July 8, 2010. http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Dialogic-PowerMedia-Products-Enable-Real-Time-Multimedia-Communication-Applications-1287251.htm. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- ^ http://www.dialogic.com/products/gateways/vision/vision-cx.htm
- ^ "Dialogic Board Families 2010". http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Dialogic+Board+Families. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dialogic — For Dialogic Corporation, see Dialogic Corporation. For dialogic logic, sometimes called just dialogic, see Game semantics. The English terms dialogic and dialogism often refer to the concept used by the Russian philosopher Mikhail Bakhtin in his … Wikipedia
Dialogic — n. American corporation headquartered in New Jersey, manufacturer of computer telephony and telecommunications technologies … English contemporary dictionary
List of assets owned by Microsoft Corporation — Microsoft has interest in the following areas:Trademarks* Microsoft * Windows including Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Vista * Microsoft Disk Operating System (MS DOS) * DirectX Windows library for audio, user input, and 2D/3D… … Wikipedia
Noble Systems Corporation — Contents 1 Noble Systems Corporation 2 Corporation History and Acquisitions 3 Customers and Markets 4 Partners … Wikipedia
Auriga (компания) — Auriga Inc. Тип Private С corporation Год основания 1990 (зарегистрирована в США: 1993) Расположение Wilton, NH, США Woburn, MA,USA Москва, Нижний Новгород, Ростов на Дону, Россия Вильнюс … Википедия
Hank Magnuski — Prior to founding NCast, Dr. Hank Magnuski was cofounder and CEO of GammaLink. He invented the industry s first PC to fax communications technology in 1985. In 1994, GammaLink merged with Dialogic Corporation of Parsippany, New Jersey, a leading… … Wikipedia
Эхоподавление — термин используется в телефонии, чтобы описать процесс удаления эха из передаваемых звуков для повышения качества передачи голоса по телефону. В дополнение к улучшению субъективного качества, эхоподавление увеличивает пропускную способность… … Википедия
Multi-Vendor Integration Protocol — The Multi Vendor Integration Protocol (MVIP) is a hardware bus for computer telephony integration (Audiotex) equipment, a PCM data highway for interconnecting expansion boards inside a PC. It was invented and brought to market by Natural… … Wikipedia
List of mergers and acquisitions by Microsoft — Microsoft s headquarters in Redmond, Washington Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: … Wikipedia
Eicon — Infobox Company company name = Eicon Networks Corporation company company slogan = vector company type = Private genre = foundation = 1984 founder = location = Montreal, Canada origins = key people = industry = Telecommunication products =… … Wikipedia