Department of Technical Education
The Department of Technical Education - Kerala Abbreviation DTE Kerala Motto Satyameva Jayate Formation 4th September 1957 Type Government Legal status Active Purpose/focus Educational Headquarters Thiruvananthapuram Location Directorate of Technical Education, Padma Vilasom Road, Fort PO, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala Region served Kerala Official languages English, Malayalam Chairman Minister of Education Main organ Higher Education Department Parent organization State Board of Technical Education Affiliations Government of Kerala Staff 7000 Website www.dtekerala.gov.in Remarks 00914712451741
The Department of Technical Education (DTE) is a higher education governance body under the Government of Kerala. It is a part of higher education department of Kerala and is managed by the Minister of Education, Kerala. The department is responsible for the various Institutions managed by it and as an advisory body to the Government on matters dealing with higher education in Kerala. It manages the working and activities 12 Government Engineering Colleges, 49 Polytechnic Colleges, 3 Colleges of Fine Arts, 39 Technical High Schools, 17 Govt. Commercial Institutes, 42 Tailoring and Garment Making Training Centres and 4 Vocational Training Centers.
- Conduct of M. Tech/ M. Planning, B.Tech/ B.Arch, MFA, BFA, Diploma and Certificate Courses through EngineeringColleges, Polytechnics, Technical High Schools, Commercial Institutes, FineArts Colleges, Tailoring & Garment Making Training Centers, Vocational Training Centers.
- Planning, implementing & Monitoring all activities in the field of Technical Education in the State consistent with the State and National Policies.
- Recommend to Government on the basis of proper need analysis the establishment of new institution offering technical Education programmes leading to the award of Degree, Diploma & Certificate consistent with the norms laid down by the All India Council for Technical Education and other concerned agencies.
- Prepare the annual budget for Technical Education Department of the State consistent with the Development priorities of the department.
- Recognizing private aided institutions, which are conducting courses with the permission of Governmen
- Arranging Apprenticeship Training to the Graduate and diploma holders in Engineering/Technology.
- Conduct of Diploma Examination in all Engineering disciplines and Certificates Examinations in certain specialized courses.
- Periodically evaluate and revise syllabus for Diploma and Certificate programmes in the institutions under its control.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Department of Technical Education (India) — The Department of Technical Education (DOTE) is a department of each state government in India. It is responsible for technical education in their respective state. They impart and regulate technical education. Generally affairs of state run… … Wikipedia
Department of Higher Education (India) — Department of Higher Education is the department under Ministry of Human Resource Development, that oversees higher education in India. The department is empowered to grant deemed university status to educational institutions on the advice of the … Wikipedia
Technical Education Center Osceola — Infobox School name = Technical Education Center Osceola established = 1994 type = Public secondary accreditation = [http://www.council.org/ Council on Occupational Education (COE)] [http://www.sacs.org/ Southern Association of Colleges and… … Wikipedia
Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (Philippines) — The Philippines Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (Filipino: Pangasiwaan sa Edukasyong Teknikal at Pagpapaunlad ng Kasanayan ), abbreviated as TESDA, is an agency of the Philippine government under the Department of Labor and… … Wikipedia
Department of Defense Education Activity — Guam High School, a DoDEA school in Agana Heights, Guam The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) is a civilian agency of the United States Department of Defense that manages all schools for military children and teenagers, as well as… … Wikipedia
Bureau of Technical Education (India) — The Bureau of Technical Education is one of several bureaus under the Department of Higher Education of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Union Government. It is a department of each state government in India. It is responsible for… … Wikipedia
North Dakota Department of Career and Technical Education — The North Dakota Department of Career and Technical Education is part of the government of the U.S. State of North Dakota. The department is a component of the state s education system that provides technical skills and knowledge for students to… … Wikipedia
Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act — The Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act was first authorized by the federal government in 1984 and reauthorized in 1998. Named for Carl D. Perkins, the act aims to increase the quality of technical education within the United… … Wikipedia
Oxford University Department for Continuing Education — (OUDCE) is a department within the University of Oxford that caters mainly for part time and mature students. It is located at Rewley House, Wellington Square, Oxford, England. Some 15,000 students comprise the Department, of which roughly 5,000… … Wikipedia
Department of Education — may refer to any of several government agencies: In Africa: South Africa: Department of Education (South Africa) or the former Bantu Education Department In Asia: Hong Kong: Education Bureau India: Department of Higher Education (India) and… … Wikipedia