- Dennis Kruse
Dennis Kruse Member of the Indiana Senate
from the 14th district
2004 – present
Personal details Born October 7, 1946
Political party Republican Residence Auburn, Indiana Alma mater Indiana University Profession Auctioneer
Dennis K. Kruse (born October 7, 1946) is an auctioneer who was a founder of what is now called Kruse International. Dennis Kruse started working in the local auction business with his father, Russell W. Kruse, and older brother Dean Kruse. They were later joined by his younger brother Daniel J. Kruse, and started what would become Kruse International Collector Car Auctions in 1971. In 1979, Kruse left the collecter car business to focus on local auctions and real estate. A 1964 graduate of the Reppert School of Auctioneering in Decatur, Indiana, Kruse now serves as president of the auction school, since purchasing it in 1996. Dennis graduated from the School of Education at Indiana University in 1970, and was a licensed teacher in Indiana from 1970 to 1975. Kruse currently serves on the board of trustees at Trine University in Angola, Indiana.
Kruse served as an Indiana State Representative from 1989 to 2004, and is a current Indiana State Senator for the 14th District. Kruse serves as the chairman of the Education & Career Development Committee, and is a member of the Agriculture & Small Business, Pensions & Labor, and Utilities & Technology Committees.
He is a past president of the Indiana Auctioneer's Association, and a member of their hall of fame,. Dennis also served as president of the National Auctioneers Association from 2005 to 2006, and was instrumental in advocating for industry research for the auction profession.
- ^ Kurtz, Dave (May 6, 2007)."Kruse raised family that made its mark". FW Daily News, .
- ^ http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?id=40018 "Trine Names New Trustees"
- ^ Senate Republicans
- ^ Indiana Auctioneers Association
- ^ bNet: Auction Industry Update
- Reppert School of Auctioneering
- State Senator Denis Kruse official Indiana State Legislature site
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Current Bills Sponsored at StateSurge.com
- Campaign contributions at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
Republican (37) • Democratic (13) • Indiana General Assembly • Indiana House of Representatives • Indiana State Senate
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.